• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Nothing in New v View . New scored on bell to take it from 38 - 36 to 45 - 36 in an absolute cracker . New best served by 2 , Clifford and Simonson . View best were McGregor , Fenn , Scott . View winger O'Reilly far too speedy for big New winger No 11 , they might have an issue there .

see earlier posts
:cool:

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Nothing in New v View . New scored on bell to take it from 38 - 36 to 45 - 36 in an absolute cracker . New best served by 2 , Clifford and Simonson . View best were McGregor , Fenn , Scott . View winger O'Reilly far too speedy for big New winger No 11 , they might have an issue there .

Although not too much of an issue it seems given the result;)

tight hamstring

Frank Nicholson (4)
It shouldn't need to be said but obviously it does - one doesn't follow the other . New won despite the issue . It will come back to haunt them . Those who were at the match will know .

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It shouldn't need to be said but obviously it does - one doesn't follow the other . New won despite the issue . It will come back to haunt them . Those who were at the match will know .

But they seem to have won every game this year despite the issue. ;) I'm not saying there isn't an issue and I'm not saying that I would pick the player there either - I don't know who else they have available, although their 2nds seem to be having a good year. I assume that they believe that he brings something else to their side?

EDIT: And the footage supplied by sidesteppa shows: more Riverview tries came down the 14 wing than the 11 wing, the guy marking 11 did score a try but it was one of those instances where a loose turnover popped straight up into his hands at full speed (most fast wingers would score a try in those circumstances), 11 then scored the next try and the other try which went down that side of the field was when 11 was in the ruck after making a tackle and Riverview went down that side.

You may or may not be right in you evaluation, but the evidence doesn't really support you based on yesterday.

tight hamstring

Frank Nicholson (4)
Don't get me wrong I like him as a player but just not on the wing . Speed will be a problem . 14 for New has no problem with speed and was one of the best players on the field

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
But they seem to have won every game this year despite the issue. ;) I'm not saying there isn't an issue and I'm not saying that I would pick the player there either - I don't know who else they have available, although their 2nds seem to be having a good year. I assume that they believe that he brings something else to their side?

EDIT: And the footage supplied by sidesteppa shows: more Riverview tries came down the 14 wing than the 11 wing, the guy marking 11 did score a try but it was one of those instances where a loose turnover popped straight up into his hands at full speed (most fast wingers would score a try in those circumstances), 11 then scored the next try and the other try which went down that side of the field was when 11 was in the ruck after making a tackle and Riverview went down that side.

You may or may not be right in you evaluation, but the evidence doesn't really support you based on yesterday.

Geez there's a pretty bad misread in the first minute of that footage.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Don't get me wrong I like him as a player but just not on the wing . Speed will be a problem . 14 for New has no problem with speed and was one of the best players on the field

14 seemed pretty good from the footage - just pointing out that a couple of tries came down his side (not saying he was at fault either)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Geez there's a pretty bad misread in the first minute of that footage.

That was a good try on the counter from Riverview - you could really say that the whole New backline were culpable there - noone really took their man, it was a staggered line and I think it would be unfair to single out the 11 for that try.

From those highlights, it seems like a fantastic game of rugby.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
That was a good try on the counter from Riverview - you could really say that the whole New backline were culpable there - noone really took their man, it was a staggered line and I think it would be unfair to single out the 11 for that try.

From those highlights, it seems like a fantastic game of rugby.

It certainly was. I can put up the 'near full' version of the highlights if you wish, would take a while though as its a 6.23GB upload [41mins viewing].
In the meantime have a look at Leeds Grammar's touring 1sts running a few tries in against Riverview 3rds [who had a bye in the GPS this week]. Unfortunately I looked away just at the moment View scored their try.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Here's the near-full footage of the game for the tragics [like me]. I've just realised though that I accidentally left out the Sepesa yellow card which occurs one minute before View's 2nd try.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2015 AAGPS Draw and Results for 1st XV, 2nd XV, and 3rd XV games

Round 1 30 May 15
1st XV – K 21 def E 7, S 14 def by N 27, J 45 def I 12
2nd XV – K 27 def E 7, S 19 def by N 27, J 24 def I 0
3rd XV -Trial 2 – K 24 def E 10, S 24 def H 0, J 29 def I 10, N 7 def by A 35, G Bye
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Results-Round-1-20151.pdf

Round 2 13 Jun 15
1st XV – E 17 def by I 22, J 15 def by S 21, K 7 def by N 36
2nd XV – E 14 drew with I 14, J 14 def S 10, K 17 def N 5
3rd XV – Round 1 – E 5 def by I 7, N 5 def by S 24, K 15 def by G 33, A 47 def H 10, J Bye
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Results-Round-2-2015.pdf

Round 3 18 Jul 15
1st – E 15 def by S 43, N 26 def J 23, I 36 def K 26
2nd XV – E 14 drew with S 14, N 10 def J 5, I 14 def K 0
3rd XV – Round 2 – E 3 def A 0, I 14 def by S 24, G 0 def by J 38, N 28 def H 5, K Bye
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Results-Round-3-2015.pdf

Round 4 25 Jul 15
1st XV – N 43 def E 17, S 36 def I 26, K 12 def by J 47
2nd XV – N 18 def E 17, S 0 def by I 15, K 17 def by J 19
3rd XV – Round 3 – K 21 def by E 22, S 7 def by G 10, H def by J (no scores reported but believed to be H 0 def by J 61), A 26 def I 5, N Bye
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Results-Round-4-2015.pdf

Round 5 1 Aug 15
1st XV – J 39 def E 18, S 36 def K 12, I 36 def by N 45
2nd XV – J 26 def E 24, S 7 def by K 40, I 7 def by N 10
3rd XV – Round 4 – G 34 def E 25, J 38 def S 0, N 0 def by A 24, H 15 def K 7, I Bye
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/results-/

1st XV Table
N - 10 pts, S - 8 pts, J - 6 pts, I - 4 pts, K - 2 pts, E - 0 pts
2nd XV Table
J - 8 pts, N - 8 pts, K - 6 pts, I - 5 pts, E - 2 pts, S - 1 pt
3rd XV Table
J - 6 pts, A - 6 pts, G - 6 pts, S - 4 pts, E - 4 pts, I - 2 pts, N - 2 pts, H - 2 pts, K - 0 pts.

To come
Round 6 8 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v K, N v S, I v J
3rd XV – Round 5 – S v H, I v J, G v N, A v K, E Bye

Round 7 15 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – I v E, S v J, N v K
3rd XV – Round 6 – H v E, A v J, N v K, I v G, S Bye

Round 8 22 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – S v E, J v N, K v I
3rd XV – Round 7 – S v E, J v N, K v I, G v A, H Bye

Round 9 29 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v N, I v S, J v K
3rd XV – Round 8 – E v N, S v A, J v K, I v H, G Bye

Round 10 5 Sep 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v J, K v S, N v I
3rd XV – Round 9 – E v J, K v S, N v I, G v H, A Bye

http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/upcoming-fixtures/

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 6 8 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v K, N v S, I v J
3rd XV – Round 5 – S v H, I v J, G v N, A v K, E Bye

Tips
1st XV – K, S, J
3rd XV - S, J, G, A

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Tips:

K - think it will a close game and the Shore boys will give it a red hot crack at home but will just fall short (although it would be great if they had a win);

J - will be a close encounter but think the Joe boys will just get home. Won't be the cake walk of Round 1 Game . Hopefully the defence out wide counters 11 and 14 for View.

S - not usually a big Scots fan but this weekend, I want them to dominate New at New and expose the weaknesses of the big New Pack (fitness).

Status
Not open for further replies.