• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
So here we are at the halfway point of the season and for the second time this week I've heard unconfirmed rumours of a Rugby summer comp for the AAGPS..... Wild Speculation?.... Trash talk?.....or just simple, deluded Rugby tragics dreaming out loud?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
So here we are at the halfway point of the season and for the second time this week I've heard unconfirmed rumours of a Rugby summer comp for the AAGPS... Wild Speculation?.. Trash talk?...or just simple, deluded Rugby tragics dreaming out loud?
Impossible ( said with French accent).
How then would they be abl to train for 8 months for a 3 month season to the exclusion of summer sport?
The only way to over commit, over emphasise and lose all perspective concerning the true role of school sport would be to shorten the season.
I propose a round robin 10s tournament on 1 day in, say, August. You could play it at Penrith.
There is a precedent.
I'm sure that the Shore boys are giving it their all, they just don't have the size and/or talent to compete.
Beware the underdog.
All this negative talk about shore sees me almost hoping they pull off one of those famous victories which litter the history of schoolboy sport.
Almost.
Part of me says this is the result of a slightly more balanced attitude to school sport.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Impossible ( said with French accent).
How then would they be abl to train for 8 months for a 3 month season to the exclusion of summer sport?
The only way to over commit, over emphasise and lose all perspective concerning the true role of school sport would be to shorten the season.
I propose a round robin 10s tournament on 1 day in, say, August. You could play it at Penrith.
There is a preced

Just giving the "rumour" an opportunity to bask in the sun and flutter in the breeze IS. I'm with you and think the current program more than addresses the desire of Schoolboy Rugophiles..... Let's just call it "Bollocks"...(said with a London Barrow Boy Accent!)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
So here we are at the halfway point of the season and for the second time this week I've heard unconfirmed rumours of a Rugby summer comp for the AAGPS... Wild Speculation?.. Trash talk?...or just simple, deluded Rugby tragics dreaming out loud?

All of the above.:)

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Lane cove tomorrow will be an absolute spectacle.

The two favourites in 2's Newington and Riverview will baffle. Newington undefeated but Riverview destroyed them in pre-season - this is going to be a thriller.

1's will just be price of admission. Battle of the two best scrums, inform outside centres Kennewell vs Terry, Murray and Kuenzle vs Pirina and McGregor. Explosive wingers Tyrone vs Mete. Game will go down in the books no doubt and although Newington heavy favourites, view will be inspired by the huge crowd and expecting them to show some class and grind out a win.

Riverview 27-22 Newington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dear George, so hope you are right, and the Iggies boys crack this comp wide open.

But fear you are on the same delusional stuff everyone thinks I am on about Shore.

I won't be at all surprised if New put a bigger Score on this week than last. But I hope I am wrong and you are right.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
If Riverview take confidence from their last 50 minutes against Scots, they could make it very interesting. I think thy are a side that has not played anywhere near their best yet. Either way it should be a great game of rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
A bit off-topic, but Kennewell and Wright have been named in the Australian Boys 7s squad.

Oh, and of course the weapon himself, Henry Hutchison.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Late with my culinary predictions. Master Chef you are a harsh mistress...

The Joeys spring lambs fresh from grazing on the luscious grass of White Oval will enjoy a return to the softer, truer fields of Hunters Hill. While Shore continue to impress with the recently added Butter Chicken pies from the shops at Northbridge, the Joeys boys will enjoy surer footing and open spaces of the home paddock. Joeys but a cutlet or seven.

Riverview will fancy their chances today as the recent games have shown that if you can barricade the kitchen pantry for the first half, the Newington lads will tire late and the kitchen mice will run away with the spoon. View must though contain the larger lads and use the space to run the bigger lads around. I feel this may be hard to call. Newington by a potato skin.

It is now Kings turn to feel the power and might of the Plummer road chicken shop (100% HGH free I am told....) Kings will find themselves chasing shadows today as the tighter, larger and more spicy chicken will out do the beef wellingtons of North Parramatta. The lads from Kings may find that getting in the faces of the Bellevue boys will do wonders as Botox and mascara are prohibited on the field. Otherwise I see the rampant lions mauling the TKS cattle.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Riverview can now add another Joeys' scalp to their dismal showing in the 1st round with the View 9ths overcoming the Joeys 13ths 27-22.

Long live Joeys rugby - given all the competing sports they still field 13 opens teams.

Oh & the Joeys 12ths pipped the Joeys 11ths 15-12. :)

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
I went out to Newington this morning. TAS won 24-0. The Newington boys played with spirit and did better than the score would suggest considering disrupted preparation and at least one absent player. There were weaknesses in the TAS play although, and this is TAS tradition, there were some blinding tackles.

Also watched the sixteens, in this case AsvAs, BsvBs. Newington won both, the Bs fairly comfortable, although TAS was competitive. The TAS As in particular are potentially a very good team. but they kept running back into the ruck instead of using their backs. This gave Newington too much turnover ball.

Just glimpsed TAS 13As vs Newington 13Bs. Would like to know the score. In the few glimpses I caught, TAS were on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.