• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I see Nateelis as hitting the nail on the head. McGregor's defence is not always what it might be and the same is true of the 12.
If given the reins Id move Terry in to mark Murray - at least in defence.
The View wingers have pace to burn on one side and if he gets the right match up he might show someone up.

yourean1diot

Frank Row (1)
Start year10 and play first xv last year didn't shine must but this year his improving so much.
He always play in his own age until last year he made the first in round 3 or 4.

hyped around Tyrone he always play up his age group and dominate aswell,Same case with Tom.
you've got it all wrong, arrived in year 8 played in his correct age group and dominated and was out of position last year playing at 10 after a young new 5/8 was injured

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
Tarogi (Aus Schoolboy) seem to be going through a drought too? #1679
Most of his tries usually come when he plays on the wing, and are Savea-like barge-overs.

England's (Scots) not cashing any cheques this year either, but his form has still been immaculate.
I see Nateelis as hitting the nail on the head. McGregor's defence is not always what it might be and the same is true of the 12.
If given the reins Id move Terry in to mark Murray - at least in defence.
The View wingers have pace to burn on one side and if he gets the right match up he might show someone up.
Building on what I just said above, given that Newington's backline consists of:
Kennewell (Australian Schoolboy)
Loga-Tarogi (2x Australian Schoolboy)
Taukamo (NSW Schoolboy)
Kuenzle (GPS 2nd XV)
Simonssen (2x Newington 1st XV)

Riverview can't really go into the game with an attitude of 'everyone shut down Cameron Murray'; Newington's flair extends all the way to the wing.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Tips
Scots by 30
Joeys by 15
Riverview by 10
The Newington bubble to burst.
Losses this week and next.
You heard it here first....;)

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Most of his tries usually come when he plays on the wing, and are Savea-like barge-overs.

England's (Scots) not cashing any cheques this year either, but his form has still been immaculate.

Building on what I just said above, given that Newington's backline consists of:
Taukamo (NSW Schoolboy)
Kuenzle (GPS 2nd XV)

Riverview can't really go into the game with an attitude of 'everyone shut down Cameron Murray'; Newington's flair extends all the way to the wing.

Very true, although defence might be problem for New as they have offensive weapons yet some are question defensive stoppers. Shutting down McGregor, Terry at 13 and Mete 14 will also be a challenge for the New Boys. Reminder that in the trial, Mete bagged a hat trick in the first half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theman123

Peter Burge (5)
Very true, although defence might be problem for New as they have offensive weapons yet some are question defensive stoppers. Shutting down McGregor, Terry at 13 and Mete 14 will also be a challenge for the New Boys. Reminder that in the trial, Mete bagged a hat trick in the first half.

Tips
Scots by 30
Joeys by 15
Riverview by 10
You heard it here first..;)
Tips
Scots by 30
Joeys by 15
Riverview by 10
You heard it here first..;)

I think this round will be big score margin for the top 3 team I don't see any team gonna trouble them.

Scott's by 30-40
Joey by 40-50
New by 40-50

Can't wait for next week between Scotts vs New, game of the year and expecting big crowd down at new.

New by 2

theman123

Peter Burge (5)

you've got it all wrong, arrived in year 8 played in his correct age group and dominated and was out of position last year playing at 10 after a young new 5/8 was injured

I don't know where u got your info from but Cam start year 10 at new,he use to go to a catholic school left from there year 9, his playing well now cause New got good team this year than last year, yes they play him at 5/8.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Taukamo (NSW Schoolboy)
Kuenzle (GPS 2nd XV)

But Murray has bagged a shitload of tries for a 12: suggests to me he's getting well over the top of his opponents.
There's material there to fire up another thread too

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
But Murray has bagged a shitload of tries for a 12: suggests to me he's getting well over the top of his opponents.
There's material there to fire up another thread too

He's a class above. Have a look at some of the video clips posted on these threads, skilful with the ball, can make breaks, set up support players and defends well. The complete package for a 12.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Tipping Table, my apologies for the delay. We have 4 equal leaders nearing the halfway point. Well done those who picked the N, S, J combination last week.

Yours truly went for value at the bookmakers last week and on this occasion that strategy did not pay. Hence the appalling position one finds himself in his own tipping comp.

We seem to have some deserters. Big Marv how dare you start the thread and then just vanish. Very poor form.

This week I am tipping Scots will be to strong for Kings. (Kings not helped by injury to (no 10) Jack Mann who I believe may be out for the season with another Knee injury - dam bad luck )

I have it on very good authority the Shore did actually manage to bottle their second half vs New and will come to Hunters Hill with a couple of changes to the lineup and will be ready to play. Shore to register their first win in a close one.

View will have to outplay New in the forwards and play a very smart game, to have any chance. Sadly I dont think View will inflict the first defeat on New.

Gps tipping rd 5.jpg

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
Tipping Table, my apologies for the delay. We have 4 equal leaders nearing the halfway point. Well done those who picked the N, S, J combination last week.

Yours truly went for value at the bookmakers last week and on this occasion that strategy did not pay. Hence the appalling position one finds himself in his own tipping comp.

We seem to have some deserters. Big Marv how dare you start the thread and then just vanish. Very poor form.

This week I am tipping Scots will be to strong for Kings. (Kings not helped by injury to (no 10) Jack Mann who I believe may be out for the season with another Knee injury - dam bad luck )

I have it on very good authority the Shore did actually manage to bottle their second half vs New and will come to Hunters Hill with a couple of changes to the lineup and will be ready to play. Shore to register their first win in a close one.

View will have to outplay New in the forwards and play a very smart game, to have any chance. Sadly I dont think View will inflict the first defeat on New.

View attachment 6722

Not in Straight , you cant be thinking straight ! i like you enthusiast outlook for a Shore upset win ,but really they have no chance. As of Wednesday Shore had made no changes to the team(pity),except hopefully in attitude!
The Shore mid field were turnstiles last week,and Wright will have a field day if they play like that again.I believe tackling practice was the main focus at training this week,as it should have been,last weeks performance in the first half was an embarrassment and i am sure the Shore boys will want to turn it around.However Joeys by plenty, as will Scots and New in a closer game than the others.

Up and Over

Frank Nicholson (4)
Tips-
Scots by 14 ...... could be close
Joeys by 40 ...... Joeys have not lost this particular fixture many times over the years ... could be a blow out as Shore are looking like another blank season, the coaches need to inspire them to back themselves
New by 7 .... could be close

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
Tips:
Scots by 20
Joeys by 33
Newington by 21

2nds:
Scots
Joeys
Newington

3rds:
Grammar
Joeys
Armidale
Kings

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not in Straight , you cant be thinking straight ! i like you enthusiast outlook for a Shore upset win ,but really they have no chance. As of Wednesday Shore had made no changes to the team(pity),except hopefully in attitude!
The Shore mid field were turnstiles last week,and Wright will have a field day if they play like that again.I believe tackling practice was the main focus at training this week,as it should have been,last weeks performance in the first half was an embarrassment and i am sure the Shore boys will want to turn it around.However Joeys by plenty, as will Scots and New in a closer game than the others.
If life were that cut and dried it would be pretty boring.
And if games were won on paper or form a lot of land could be freed up for development by getting rid of playing fields.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Lane cove tomorrow will be an absolute spectacle.

The two favourites in 2's Newington and Riverview will baffle. Newington undefeated but Riverview destroyed them in pre-season - this is going to be a thriller.

1's will just be price of admission. Battle of the two best scrums, inform outside centres Kennewell vs Terry, Murray and Kuenzle vs Pirina and McGregor... Explosive wingers Tyrone vs Mete. Game will go down in the books no doubt and although Newington heavy favourites, view will be inspired by the huge crowd and expecting them to show some class and grind out a win.

Riverview 27-22 Newington

Status
Not open for further replies.