• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
I was surprised to find out that apparently there is a interchange system in the AIC 1st XV this year has that always been the case.

Hello AIC Members.

I have recently come across this thread and have found it to be of great importance for the analysis of the potential historic AIC season ahead.

I am part of the AIC 1 Selection Board and have been given confirmation to provide this forum with up to date analysis of both games and attributes of potential superstars.

Following the attendance of the Marist College Ashgrove VS St Laurence's College Rugby match on Saturday, 22nd April, 2017, I have a few pointers about the quality of the game and the players that took part. St Laurence's came out strong with a lot of ticker led by the No.9 prodigy and College Captain, Billy Rutherford. Unfortunately for St. Laurence's, Ashgrove had an undeniably strong team which complimented the recent hype following their previous pre-season match-ups. No. 1 (Campbell Brown to my knowledge) for SLC showed no signs of improvement following a questionable 2016 season. This lacklustre performance in the front row evidently exemplified the force of No.1 AIC 1 prospect, Emosi Tuqiri which is soon to become a household name. The dominance that Ashgrove portrayed was reminiscent of the leadership and determination of Tuqiri.

I am excited for what's to come in this historic season for AIC Rugby and I am also excited to inform all members and supporters of the AIC 1 selection process throughout the season.

Big J with all the info,

Signing off.

SIMMSY

Frank Row (1)
Hello AIC Members.

I have recently come across this thread and have found it to be of great importance for the analysis of the potential historic AIC season ahead.

I am part of the AIC 1 Selection Board and have been given confirmation to provide this forum with up to date analysis of both games and attributes of potential superstars.

Following the attendance of the Marist College Ashgrove VS St Laurence's College Rugby match on Saturday, 22nd April, 2017, I have a few pointers about the quality of the game and the players that took part. St Laurence's came out strong with a lot of ticker led by the No.9 prodigy and College Captain, Billy Rutherford. Unfortunately for St. Laurence's, Ashgrove had an undeniably strong team which complimented the recent hype following their previous pre-season match-ups. No. 1 (Campbell Brown to my knowledge) for SLC showed no signs of improvement following a questionable 2016 season. This lacklustre performance in the front row evidently exemplified the force of No.1 AIC 1 prospect, Emosi Tuqiri which is soon to become a household name. The dominance that Ashgrove portrayed was reminiscent of the leadership and determination of Tuqiri.

I am excited for what's to come in this historic season for AIC Rugby and I am also excited to inform all members and supporters of the AIC 1 selection process throughout the season.

Big J with all the info,

Signing off.

Ahoy Big J, thanks for your input. While a few of your comments in your last post may bit a little harsh, i definitely agree with some points there. Emosi is clearly going to be a dominant force in the AIC competition this year.

I look forward to your analysis following Round 1 this Saturday

Dunc Johnston

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hello AIC Members.

Big J with all the info,

Signing off.
The AIC team is picked at seasons end by the 1st XV coaches and I very much doubt, despite your intimate knowledge of the mentioned team that youre their coach, although im told you'd probably do a better job. I suggest going back to finish your year 12 English comm homework and produce a more believable story about your interest in AIC

James White

Frank Row (1)
The Ashgrove Starting Team for round 1 has been released.
1. Emosi Tuqiri (C)
2. Tom Dangerfield
3. Jordan Tukuniu
4. Kelemete Uelese
5. Will Miller
6. Roly Brosnan
7. Brayden Law
8. Tom Carroll
9. Jaz Day (VC)
10. Hayden Ryan
11. Lachlan Tenison-Woods
12. Shaun Anderson
13. Kale Van Dugteren
14. Inosi Nasiganiyavi
15. Ben Bucknell

A bench has also been named.

Any news of other team lists for round 1 ?

C

CrackaFat

Hello AIC Members.

Big J with all the info,

Signing off.

im impressed

that you were able to get your post off in class without being sprung by your teacher

T

TheBigBoss22

im impressed

that you were able to get your post off in class without being sprung by your teacher

Hooray Cobba, how are you and missus, good I hope? Anyways I have been closely watching every single AIC team for the upcoming season. Every afternoon, I travel to and fro to watch all the teams. I am a 48 year old man and I live for schoolboy rugby, this is my life. I recently was fired from my job due to the fact that i was commenting on all schoolboy rugby threads and forums. My life outside of this void has no meaning because my son doesn't play rugby. In fact my son is a girl, but that isn't the point. Anyways, I hope you all are excited and are anticipating the upcoming season as each team begins to bear fruit. Watch this space rugby crusaders!

BigBoss22 signing off.

Bledisloe

Herbert Moran (7)
This Saturday at Banyo should be an epic battle,can't wait!
Weather forecast looks good,dry track....Rip in lads!:)

T

TheBigBoss22

AIC REPORT 1: BIGBOSS22

Due to my expertise and my current position on the AIC 1 selection board, I have conducted my initial predictions for round one of the upcoming AIC season.

ASH v PADUA - ASH
SLC v SPLC - SLC
VNC v SPC - VNC
IONA v SEC - IONA

BigBoss22 signing off.

BigFootyDad

Frank Row (1)
Breaking!

several highly passionate posts by footy dads have been deleted and bans have been put into place, will these heroes return or will they simply disappear into thing air, having nothing else to live for?

watch this space.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Padua and Ashgrove will be close I am picking Ashgrove but this is the game of the round and could go either way
SLC and SPLC should be an easy win for SLC but SPLC are an unknown with a few coming back. SLC for an easy win
VNC and PATS should be closer than many think but I think Pats should be to physical.
Iona and SEC should be an easy win for Iona.

I am interested in the view of others good luck to all the boys.

Hands like feet

Allen Oxlade (6)
I know Peters had a cricket score put on them last week, but they are too well organised if you think they'll let lauries walk over them. Let's not forget St Peter's have won every corresponding game for 6 straight years - aren't lauries down to their third string 10 this week as well? Maybe the first 7 minutes might be an 'easy' win, but then again so was last week - fulltime told a different story. They look their most dangerous running down the tunnel. I think they'll win - but surely someone in that group has learned that you shouldn't celebrate mediocrity? If you think it'll be handed to them, you've probably been hanging around the coaching staff too long.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
I know Peters had a cricket score put on them last week, but they are too well organised if you think they'll let lauries walk over them. Let's not forget St Peter's have won every corresponding game for 6 straight years - aren't lauries down to their third string 10 this week as well? Maybe the first 7 minutes might be an 'easy' win, but then again so was last week - fulltime told a different story. They look their most dangerous running down the tunnel. I think they'll win - but surely someone in that group has learned that you shouldn't celebrate mediocrity? If you think it'll be handed to them, you've probably been hanging around the coaching staff too long.

You seem very anti Lauries HLF any particular reason.

Hands like feet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not anti the school, my sons all loved it as do I, just frustrated with the incompetent and delusional approach to sport and the rugby set up the last few years. No one has been made accountable and the same mistakes of the past 4 years are still happening and nothing is being done. We've lost boys and good rugby staff to other schools, as a result, but everyone thinks it's fine, this group could have been a premiership group, but the coaching is a disgrace, the boys from last year and the year before are still bitter about their '1st XV' experience. i wish them well tomorrow but the damage that's been done will still be in the minds of many. Sorry rant over Happy man, I'll buy my steak burger and watch with interest tomorrow.

Stan Wickham (3)
Good luck to all players today, i hope it is a injury free and enjoyable season for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.