• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Buildcorp wants women's rugby.

I actually think that could be workable under this model as well. There were 8 teams in the recent Women's Nationals. You could use those and expand the schedule or cut say SA and the ADF teams or something along those lines.

Most of those would line up with the men's competition in terms of location of teams so could play out of the one ground each game day or in the case of Syd and Bris rotate between the clubs competing.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Correct. Their female CEO (and co-founder) had asked the ARU for a women's NRC comp but got sick of waiting. She's also on the committee which decides who to invite to join the ARU board apparently.

Sent from my SM-J110F using Tapatalk

Which makes me wonder whether this move on their behalf is preemptive.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I recollect they finished 4th or 5th in Kentwell the year preceding SS entry (happy to be corrected).
Part of the initial business plan envisaged ongoing sponsorship from Panthers, which dried up pretty well immediately (I think it it was worth $60-70k a year).

Their record in 1st div subbies was a 3rd grade win in 1994 and 4th grade in 1993. Prior to that they won 1st grade and club championship in 3rd div in 1983. I assume they were promoted to provide a team in the west rather than due to achievements.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Stayed loyal to the club through the. Many hard years. Recognition is well deserved.
A very genuine guy also.

And as a Woodies man I am delighted that the Two Blues beat us last season. Not once, but twice. I hope he was the winning captain on both occasions.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Player dies after ‘injury’ on rugby field in NSW

A 25-year-old man has died after collapsing on the field during a game of rugby in Narrabeen, in northern Sydney.

Police said they were called to the Rat Park football field at 1.45pm.

CPR was performed on the man, but he died at the scene.

There are no suspicious circumstances but a report will be prepared for the coroner.

It is not believed the man had a prior medical history.

This afternoon the Warringah Rugby Club suspended all games at the park following the death, citing an “incident involving an injury to a player”.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ark-rugby-death-narrabeen#lBsd8KAITQqJC0mj.99

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
I Went And Watched 2Blues At Sydney University Last Tuesday. It Was A Good Game. Parra Came Back Well And At 28-12 Were Actually The Better Team For A Large Period And There Was A Chance The Might Come Back And Make A Game Of It But Great Defence From University Held On. The Halfback Waldo For Parra Was Superb.

At The End They All Huddled Up And Remembered Lachlan Ward The Warringah Rats Player. They Mentioned When They Played Each Other Next They Will Raise Money

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just hear a sickening story out of the Penrith vs Norths game from last week. The story is a group of Penrith second graders bashed one of their team officials after their game. Does anyone know if this story is true or not (I hope it false)?

Status
Not open for further replies.