• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Just hear a sickening story out of the Penrith vs Norths game from last week. The story is a group of Penrith second graders bashed one of their team officials after their game. Does anyone know if this story is true or not (I hope it false)?

I hope not. Too sad to believe.

KiwiBattler

Bob McCowan (2)
I'm told 100% true!!!

Half the Penrith board have resigned

Bloody hell - certainly a heavy rumour. If half the board resigned then surely everyone will hear about it sooner rather than later.

Regardless of reason, could this feasibly spell the end of Penrith in Shute Shield?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It is at least possible that board members decided that if they all resigned, the consequences could be unmanageable.

The fact that some did not resign should not be construed as tolerance of the act, surely?

Dunno.
Consequences are deserved, however unimaginable.
Sounds to me like that club is finished - by its own hand and by players, at that

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
We should really wait and see and hope that a more hopeful story emerges.

Hope so too, but failing that maybe Bill Pulver (who's offered to resign from the ARU) could take over the club as administrator. That would give him an opportunity to finally give something back to club rugby (only joking) ;)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Hope so too, but failing that maybe Bill Pulver (who's offered to resign from the ARU) could take over the club as administrator. That would give him an opportunity to finally give something back to club rugby (only joking) ;)

It's a long long way from Mosman, old chap.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)

I'd throw my support behind uni if that happened ;)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
UIKEYINPUTRIGHTARROW
Probably better to take one of the kids cars.
Late model prestige vehicles tend not to fare too well out there...

That's a bit harsh, the local member was a Liberal not too long ago (Jackie Kelly). There is a lot of money in those far western suburbs. My sister and her former husband lived at Colyton, and I was gobsmacked when I visited the bottle department at the local pub. Some very good brands on offer.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
UIKEYINPUTRIGHTARROW

That's a bit harsh, the local member was a Liberal not too long ago (Jackie Kelly). There is a lot of money in those far western suburbs. My sister and her former husband lived at Colyton, and I was gobsmacked when I visited the bottle department at the local pub. Some very good brands on offer.

I'm out there regularly, and know the area very well. Yeah, there are plenty of great people out there, and many have great incomes/lifestyles.But there are also plenty that don't.
More than a handful of people I know, have had issues leaving their car unattended(not exclusively at the Rugby)
I've personally had a few parked cars damaged out there.(and one stolen, and another broken into)
So, not harsh.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
UIKEYINPUTRIGHTARROW

I think you identified all the relevant stereotypes

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Thought I'd have a go at jinxing a few teams by picking the winners:
Southern Districts to beat Eastwood narrowly in the last few minutes
Parramatta to draw with Gordon
Warringah to smash Penrith by 80 points
University to beat West Harbour by 20 points
Easts to lose to Randwick by 20 points
Norths to beat Manly in a low scoring game

Hope I get 1 correct anyway!

Stands