• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think Lane Cove have done a great job to retain a senior side in what is a rapidly changing area. Clubs like KWP folded, for example, and that particular area on the lower north shore fights each other hard for players.

I even heard that Covies wanted to take our position in Div 4, but changed their minds when they got pooched by Maccabi in Round 1, and decided to consolidate in 5th.

BUT

- 4 Grades in total,

2 Grades. 2 Colts. Big difference.

with only 1 team at the club 4 years ago. That is 300% growth in that time. Can other clubs boast this?

How many other clubs had 1 Grade 4 years ago, you mean?

just outside the top 4 in 1s.

Well... Sixth, in fact. Two wins (with bonus points) from claiming a finals spot. Shipping 33 points a game (-120 for/against).

I'm all for supporting your club, champ, and have had some ding-dong battles with Covies when they were last in 5th Division.

Bruce, Rob, and the guys for both Senior and Junior Rugby have put in some bloody hard yards to get it back on an upward trajectory.

Don't make the mistake of getting shrill. Let's not forget this is a club that was 4th Division not so very long ago and has been struggling since due in part to the demographic changes happening in the area.

Nine or Ten

Frank Row (1)
There are plenty of Subbies clubs that have Juniors and have worked very hard to get to the Div they are in , keep working hard and the fruits will come.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well done to Lane Cove. Judging by all those fricken units and the density here's more people per square metre than anywhere in Sydney. Great to see another club on the grow.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
- One of two clubs in Suburban Rugby with 2 Colts sides, both of high quality as well.
- 4 Grades in total, with only 1 team at the club 4 years ago. That is 300% growth in that time. Can other clubs boast this?
- Best facilities in all of Suburban Rugby. Grandstand, high quality playing surface, lighting and fence, with the possibility to host night matches.
- Quality Social Calendar, potentially the best in Suburban Rugby.
- Large Junior Base to sustain future viability.
- Great sponsors and discounts for Lane Cove players at these venues.
- High quality players and depth on the field. We currently sit 2nd in 2s, 3rd in Colts and just outside the top 4 in 1s. At full strength we are arguably the best team in Division 5.

Still want to argue?
The opinion of this scribe says that Waverley take you down on most fronts AND they play div. 1 quality rugby.

Have you seen their canteen staff/supporter numbers?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
Well done to Lane Cove. Judging by all those fricken units and the density here's more people per square metre than anywhere in Sydney. Great to see another club on the grow.

If the Chinese ever take up Rugby as a sport en masse they could dominate Subbies within five years!!

Seagull Butler

Chris McKivat (8)
Seagull Butler frequents this discussion and is in HH 1s team, so he'd probably know.

Yeah, the appeal overturned the judiciary's decision. Player has been suspended. Needless to say we are not best pleased by the result.

As a club we obviously don't want to say any more as a measure of respect for the referee's, assistant referee's, subbies, judicary and appeals board and also the process.

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
Yeah, the appeal overturned the judiciary's decision. Player has been suspended. Needless to say we are not best pleased by the result.

As a club we obviously don't want to say any more as a measure of respect for the referee's, assistant referee's, subbies, judicary and appeals board and also the process.
Ouch. If you don't mind me asking, how long is he suspended for?

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
I know you aren't able to comment Seagull but I'm still at a loss as to how the original not guilty decision was arrived at. Can anyway provide insight? My experience with these things in the past is you are guilty until proven innocent.

Kiko

Bob McCowan (2)
How are the pitches this week, will there be any rugby played for rescheduled games? Enough rain to flood Porto Rico

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Any news on the Epping #9 going to Lane Cove? With all the stuff they've got going on at Tantallon, I'd imagine it would be hard for him to stay at Somerville

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
Any news on the Epping #9 going to Lane Cove? With all the stuff they've got going on at Tantallon, I'd imagine it would be hard for him to stay at Somerville

I heard folau is keen to do the same....

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.