• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Been following this comp for a while now, and I heard Epping's 1st Grade captain has also got the sh$ts with the management there, especially the club officials behind the scenes and is looking for alternatives.

Has been seen shopping himself around higher divisions.
1st grade captain is the president's brother... maybe you have him mistaken for another player at Epping

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
1st grade captain is the president's brother. maybe you have him mistaken for another player at Epping

I Am Pretty Sure He Is Referring to There Coach Who Wasnt Happy And Started Shopping Himself Round To Other Clubs. I Am Not Sure Where He Ended Up.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Division 2 Rep Team
1.A.Newson (HH)
2. D.Mighall (HH)
3. M.Borg (Hawkesbury)
4. D.Chedhed (Hawkesbury)
5. J.Daniels (Mountains)
6. P.Cartwright (Hawkesbury)
7. S.Morton (HH)
8. K.Nacina (HH)
9. M.Power (Mountains)
10. J.Bailey (Hawkesbury)
11. N.Cooke (Mountains)
12. B.Hape (Forest)
13. A.O'Shea (HH)
14. J.Rowland (Forest)
15. A.Macdonald (UNSW)

Surely Div 2 Side includes Fytogannis at 8, Kroll 10 and Duncan 15

Morton Drops Out Nacina to 7, Fytogannis to 8, Duncan to 15 and Kroll to 10

Cant Leave Out Morton. I Guess You Do Probably Have To Find A Spot For Big George (Maybe 2nd Row And Get Rid Of Cheded).

Kroll I Agree, Swap Him For Bailey.

Duncan I DisAgree, He Is Slow and Positionally Not Great. MacDonald Carves Up Behind A Beaten Team.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
I Am Pretty Sure He Is Referring to There Coach Who Wasnt Happy And Started Shopping Himself Round To Other Clubs. I Am Not Sure Where He Ended Up.

You might be right you know? I did hear it 3rd hand from a guy up at the pub last weekend. Maybe the HV incident is connected??
Either way, doesnt sound good for the behind the scenes

bundaddy

Peter Burge (5)
Hi.

First time poster, long time reader. Are there any Jeffrey Cup Fans in here? All the talk seems to be about the mid divisions.

I think its hilarious that teams like Menai think they can just throw the ball around win games. Yes it works during the weak opposition, but you wait until you play finals football. Its a complete different type of footy and they will have their asses headed south before they can count to 10.

bundaddy

Peter Burge (5)
Also what about the stackathon down at Alexandria? Can't win a game in firsts but haven't lost one in the Noice Cup. LOL.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think its hilarious that teams like Menai think they can just throw the ball around win games. Yes it works during the weak opposition, but you wait until you play finals football. Its a complete different type of footy and they will have their asses headed south before they can count to 10.

Maybe they have fun doing it? I'd happily be 6 from 7 at this point with +230 in the bag. They've lost one game to the ladder leaders, and will have learned from that I reckon.

As for stacking - it comes down to priorities for some blokes. If you're an older guy like me then having a trot around with the other old pricks and rookies is what you're after. If you happen to be good, and don't want to train too hard, that's where you play.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think you can see a distinct gap in the competition in Division 3.

In 1st Grade, it appears Epping and Iggies are the two form clubs. On any given day, one team could knock them out, but they are the best two sides of 2017. .I tip an Epping and Iggies grand final. I would tip Iggies based on what I have heard, with a few more mid season recruits adding to their impressive roster. They also have the best halves combination in the division by a long way, running behind a fast forward pack. Though it is very close, so it would be no suprise if Epping get it with their big forward pack and gun hooker. Who could disrupt them? Perhaps Barker on their day and Redfield if they get a string along. Redfields advantage is they have points in them, which not every side does
Tip: 1) Iggies , 2) Epping, 3) Barker, 4) Redfield

2nd Grade looks like Iggies are the team to beat again. Further mid season additions will only strengthen their 2s as well. I tip Iggies to get home here. They are more physical than all the other sides in the competition and have speedy backs out wide. I believe Newport and Barker will fight out for 2nd, but id probably tip Newport to win that battle. Redfield or Epping to round out the top 4 but won't contest a premiership.
Tip: 1) Iggies, 2) Newport, 3) Barker, 4) Redfield

3rd Grade has been dominated by Epping so far, but Newport have the most strike power. I would suggest Newport to win that competition, with a band of ex higher graders running around. Epping a close 2nd with the most structure in the competition. Iggies and Barker will round out the top 4 as well. Newport/Epping grand final, with Iggies the best chance to ruin that if they keep players on the park.
Tip: 1) Newport, 2) Epping, 3) Iggies, 4) Barker

Colts is an open slather. Its a 3 way race between Barker, Iggies and Redfield who all play a very similar game. Epping or Newport will round out the top 4, but just make up the numbers in my opinion.
Tip: 1) Barker , 2) Iggies, 3) Redfield, 4) Epping

Good wrap. Iggies were well beaten by Newport last weekend though.

bundaddy

Peter Burge (5)
1st grade captain is the president's brother. maybe you have him mistaken for another player at Epping

If you can pass on to the Epping Captain to contact Lane Cove RUFC that would be fantastic. Great bunch of guys and the fasting growing club in Suburban Rugby.

If he is concerned about the standard then he shouldn't be. Jeffrey is no less a standard then Clark Cup, if anything it's probably a little stronger.

OJLovedNicole

Stan Wickham (3)
Hi.

First time poster, long time reader. Are there any Jeffrey Cup Fans in here? All the talk seems to be about the mid divisions.

Menais backline would make division 2 clubs look silly. It would be ludicrous not to play to their strengths.

OJLovedNicole

Stan Wickham (3)
Maybe they have fun doing it? I'd happily be 6 from 7 at this point with +230 in the bag. They've lost one game to the ladder leaders, and will have learned from that I reckon.

As for stacking - it comes down to priorities for some blokes. If you're an older guy like me then having a trot around with the other old pricks and rookies is what you're after. If you happen to be good, and don't want to train too hard, that's where you play.

Are Oatley playing there make up game against Rouse Hill tomorrow? I Would love to come and cheer the Renehades on with the week off down at Ryde.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
If you can pass on to the Epping Captain to contact Lane Cove RUFC that would be fantastic. Great bunch of guys and the fasting growing club in Suburban Rugby.

If he is concerned about the standard then he shouldn't be. Jeffrey is no less a standard then Clark Cup, if anything it's probably a little stronger.

There are better clubs to join than Lane Cove if he's interested in playing a higher level. I am pretty sure this post was meant about their ex coach who wasn't happy with the board. If it is there skipper, UNSW is not far.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
There are better clubs to join than Lane Cove if he's interested in playing a higher level. I am pretty sure this post was meant about their ex coach who wasn't happy with the board. If it is there skipper, UNSW is not far.
Current coach.... he's the one who has been running his mouth at the pub

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Are Oatley playing there make up game against Rouse Hill tomorrow? I Would love to come and cheer the Renehades on with the week off down at Ryde.

Nah - shifted it to the Wet Weather slot in July. Going to be a punishing back end to the season particularly as we've got some coaching disruptions coming up (work-related), but we'll struggle through.

Home to Briars
Away Harlequins
Home Oatley
Home Irish
Away Oatley
Away Canterbury
Away Blacktown
Home Mac Uni
Collapse
Presentation Night
Forget about Rugby for a couple of months while I go hiking in NZ
Starting recruiting Seniors and Juniors in November / December

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Prodigy? What's going on?

Heavy, time for me to address these rumours and innuendo.

Firstly, no rift between first grade captain and club management - they are indeed brothers with long histories at the club.

The pub issue between the red carded player and the coach is legit. My information is that the red carded player questioned the credentials of the coach and the two locked up to scrummage against one another in one of the back rooms of the pub. No word yet on how it all panned out, although club board has asked for video of the event.

The ex-coach who left is still a valued member of the club despite shopping himself to clubs from the Gong to the Hunter. Word is that he emailed NSW Rugby about long term aspirations and the best way for him to make his way into Moore Park.

In terms of Division 3 rep team, there is no better #9 in the competition than the Epping #9. Far and away the best player in that position in Division 3 for a number of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.