• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

OJLovedNicole

Stan Wickham (3)
Nah - shifted it to the Wet Weather slot in July. Going to be a punishing back end to the season particularly as we've got some coaching disruptions coming up (work-related), but we'll struggle through.

Home to Briars
Away Harlequins
Home Oatley
Home Irish
Away Oatley
Away Canterbury
Away Blacktown
Home Mac Uni
Collapse
Presentation Night
Forget about Rugby for a couple of months while I go hiking in NZ
Starting recruiting Seniors and Juniors in November / December

It's a tough finish to the season. I could see Rouse Hill putting some wins together over Broads and Harlequins. Though to have the run that starts with Oatley and ends with Blacktown is a nightmare.

Hopefully you beat Briars and Sydney, and that improves the numbers. Could also see a final day fairytale over Uni.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Heavy, time for me to address these rumours and innuendo.

Firstly, no rift between first grade captain and club management - they are indeed brothers with long histories at the club.

The pub issue between the red carded player and the coach is legit. My information is that the red carded player questioned the credentials of the coach and the two locked up to scrummage against one another in one of the back rooms of the pub. No word yet on how it all panned out, although club board has asked for video of the event.

The ex-coach who left is still a valued member of the club despite shopping himself to clubs from the Gong to the Hunter. Word is that he emailed NSW Rugby about long term aspirations and the best way for him to make his way into Moore Park.

In terms of Division 3 rep team, there is no better #9 in the competition than the Epping #9. Far and away the best player in that position in Division 3 for a number of years.
This sounds like the red card player vs coach thing was a bit of a joke.... but the barman let me know things were VERY heated.

Watch this space

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
This sounds like the red card player vs coach thing was a bit of a joke.. but the barman let me know things were VERY heated.

Watch this space

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Heated and physical.

One of the two will be shopped to a nearby club in a lower division I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bundaddy

Peter Burge (5)

Firstly, no rift between first grade captain and club management - they are indeed brothers with long histories at the club.

Well if he is considering leaving just let him know Lane Cove RUFC would be interested. It is only ten minutes down the road, fantastic culture, great social life and we will definitely be playing finals in 2nd Grade and with a strong finish possibly 1st Grade.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)

The pub issue between the red carded player and the coach is legit. My information is that the red carded player questioned the credentials of the coach and the two locked up to scrummage against one another in one of the back rooms of the pub. No word yet on how it all panned out, although club board has asked for video of the event.

The ex-coach who left is still a valued member of the club despite shopping himself to clubs from the Gong to the Hunter. Word is that he emailed NSW Rugby about long term aspirations and the best way for him to make his way into Moore Park.

In terms of Division 3 rep team, there is no better #9 in the competition than the Epping #9. Far and away the best player in that position in Division 3 for a number of years.

Burkey Has Played High Level Union. He Should Be In Shire Shield.

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
I Am Pretty Sure He Is Referring to There Coach Who Wasnt Happy And Started Shopping Himself Round To Other Clubs. I Am Not Sure Where He Ended Up.
I'm not a member of Epping, but that coach did a bucketload among others over a number of years to get that club to where they are today. He's obviously got aspirations as a coach, whats wrong with that?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It's a tough finish to the season. I could see Rouse Hill putting some wins together over Broads and Harlequins. Though to have the run that starts with Oatley and ends with Blacktown is a nightmare.

Hopefully you beat Briars and Sydney, and that improves the numbers. Could also see a final day fairytale over Uni.

If we can keep everyone together for Briars we might have a shot, but Harlequins are a bridge too far.

Make no mistake, while I respect Mac Uni for the efforts they're putting in, and while there is not much wrong with their rugby at all, neither of our teams is going to win First Grade games against the top 6 on current form.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'd also add: don't read much into the result of Blacktown taking all 3 Grades against Harlequins. By estimates, Quins were missing up to 35 blokes on the day, and it was Back To Blacktown day.

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm not a member of Epping, but that coach did a bucketload among others over a number of years to get that club to where they are today. He's obviously got aspirations as a coach, whats wrong with that?

Are we talking about their coach from last year or someone else new

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
Well if he is considering leaving just let him know Lane Cove RUFC would be interested. It is only ten minutes down the road, fantastic culture, great social life and we will definitely be playing finals in 2nd Grade and with a strong finish possibly 1st Grade.

Give it up champ. Lane Cove are rabble.

bundaddy

Peter Burge (5)
Give it up champ. Lane Cove are rabble.

- One of two clubs in Suburban Rugby with 2 Colts sides, both of high quality as well.
- 4 Grades in total, with only 1 team at the club 4 years ago. That is 300% growth in that time. Can other clubs boast this?
- Best facilities in all of Suburban Rugby. Grandstand, high quality playing surface, lighting and fence, with the possibility to host night matches.
- Quality Social Calendar, potentially the best in Suburban Rugby.
- Large Junior Base to sustain future viability.
- Great sponsors and discounts for Lane Cove players at these venues.
- High quality players and depth on the field. We currently sit 2nd in 2s, 3rd in Colts and just outside the top 4 in 1s. At full strength we are arguably the best team in Division 5.

Still want to argue?

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
- One of two clubs in Suburban Rugby with 2 Colts sides, both of high quality as well.
- 4 Grades in total, with only 1 team at the club 4 years ago. That is 300% growth in that time. Can other clubs boast this?
- Best facilities in all of Suburban Rugby. Grandstand, high quality playing surface, lighting and fence, with the possibility to host night matches.
- Quality Social Calendar, potentially the best in Suburban Rugby.
- Large Junior Base to sustain future viability.
- Great sponsors and discounts for Lane Cove players at these venues.
- High quality players and depth on the field. We currently sit 2nd in 2s, 3rd in Colts and just outside the top 4 in 1s. At full strength we are arguably the best team in Division 5.

Still want to argue?
I'd think many clubs in subbies would easily be able to argue with you on that, and probably come out on top...

bundaddy

Peter Burge (5)
Not to mention Lane Cove has many junior age groups which just filter into senior rugby. The program is well set out and guarantees success on and off the field.

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
Far out mate. Is there anything else at Lane Cove that is the best in Suburban rugby? Just because LC have gone 10 years as a 1 team club and now have 4 does not mean they are the best in Sydney.

Firstly, Tantallon is a sh!t hole. I would not use it as a training field.
Why does LC have the best social calendar in Subbies? What makes it so great? Hopefully it has improved from 6 blokes sitting around the Longueville Bowlo.
Every club has sponsors.
Every club has a juniors base.
Every club has good players.
You've got 2 colts team, nice work.

Get back in your hole.

bundaddy

Peter Burge (5)
Of course it has improved. Thats why I focused on growth. The club was previously in a dark place but now it's one of the more attractive places to play.

How can you call Tantallon a shithole? It's a better standard ground than most shute shield grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.