• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

OJLovedNicole

Stan Wickham (3)
I think you can see a distinct gap in the competition in Division 3.

In 1st Grade, it appears Epping and Iggies are the two form clubs. On any given day, one team could knock them out, but they are the best two sides of 2017. .I tip an Epping and Iggies grand final. I would tip Iggies based on what I have heard, with a few more mid season recruits adding to their impressive roster. They also have the best halves combination in the division by a long way, running behind a fast forward pack. Though it is very close, so it would be no suprise if Epping get it with their big forward pack and gun hooker. Who could disrupt them? Perhaps Barker on their day and Redfield if they get a string along. Redfields advantage is they have points in them, which not every side does
Tip: 1) Iggies , 2) Epping, 3) Barker, 4) Redfield

2nd Grade looks like Iggies are the team to beat again. Further mid season additions will only strengthen their 2s as well. I tip Iggies to get home here. They are more physical than all the other sides in the competition and have speedy backs out wide. I believe Newport and Barker will fight out for 2nd, but id probably tip Newport to win that battle. Redfield or Epping to round out the top 4 but won't contest a premiership.
Tip: 1) Iggies, 2) Newport, 3) Barker, 4) Redfield

3rd Grade has been dominated by Epping so far, but Newport have the most strike power. I would suggest Newport to win that competition, with a band of ex higher graders running around. Epping a close 2nd with the most structure in the competition. Iggies and Barker will round out the top 4 as well. Newport/Epping grand final, with Iggies the best chance to ruin that if they keep players on the park.
Tip: 1) Newport, 2) Epping, 3) Iggies, 4) Barker

Colts is an open slather. Its a 3 way race between Barker, Iggies and Redfield who all play a very similar game. Epping or Newport will round out the top 4, but just make up the numbers in my opinion.
Tip: 1) Barker , 2) Iggies, 3) Redfield, 4) Epping

OJLovedNicole

Stan Wickham (3)
Meanwhile Barraclough cup is heading to Hunters Hill. I can not see anyone getting withing cue of them to be honest.

The big question is who can push for 2nd? I expect Hawkesbury Agriculture to finish 2nd, knocking out Blue Mountains who I am expecting to fade. I have heard of a few players in the club going travelling which is going to hurt. 4th Place will be Forest if they get their players back, but if not Hills to hold on for their first finals appearance in years in the top grade.

Tip: 1) Hunters Hill, 2) HAG, 3) Mountains, 4) Forest

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
What About Team Of The Year For Each Division?

Division 2 Rep Team
1.A.Newson (HH)
2. D.Mighall (HH)
3. M.Borg (Hawkesbury)
4. D.Chedhed (Hawkesbury)
5. J.Daniels (Mountains)
6. P.Cartwright (Hawkesbury)
7. S.Morton (HH)
8. K.Nacina (HH)
9. M.Power (Mountains)
10. J.Bailey (Hawkesbury)
11. N.Cooke (Mountains)
12. B.Hape (Forest)
13. A.O'Shea (HH)
14. J.Rowland (Forest)
15. A.Macdonald (UNSW)

Division 3 Rep Team
1 M.Brown (OIRFC)
2 A.Emmett (Epping)
3 J.Lynch (Brothers)
4 J.Fitzpatrick (OIRFC)
5. T.McGregor (BOBS)
6 A.Forrest (Epping)
7. H.Byrnes (Epping)
8 D.Humphries (Hawkesbury Valley)
9 L.Burke (OIRFC)
10 W.Maihi (OIRFC)
11 S.Burfitt (Redfield)
12 K.Tuisowaqa (Brothers)
13 B.Scanlan (Newport)
14 J.Abrams (Redfield)
15 L.Sinclair (Newport)

What Is Everyones Thoughts On This?

Division 1 Would Just Be The Players Selected For Suburban Rugby XV.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Long time reader.. first time poster

Not hearing good things about the Epping camp after what looked like a pretty good start.

Story goes that the first grade coach had a skinfull after the Hawkesbury Valley game. Got in an argument with the bloke that got a red card and gave him a dressing down. Plenty of clubmen not happy with the showing from the coach. Supposedly had a few choice words about other players too.

Info from a mate who works at the pub they were at

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
For the Div 2 Rep Team I'd have Ryan Butcher from Forest at 10 (when he's not injured). Multiple Barraclough Medal winner, great player who can control a game and they've really suffered without him.

Forest also have one of the better scrums going around, so their front row would be worth a bench spot at least.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Long time reader.. first time poster

Not hearing good things about the Epping camp after what looked like a pretty good start.

Story goes that the first grade coach had a skinfull after the Hawkesbury Valley game. Got in an argument with the bloke that got a red card and gave him a dressing down. Plenty of clubmen not happy with the showing from the coach. Supposedly had a few choice words about other players too.

Info from a mate who works at the pub they were at

I Have Only Heard Good Things About Epping. I Did Hear Last Week That They Are Protesting About Being Stuck In Division 3 When They Have The Grades For Division 2.

I Know Hawkesbury Have Said They Want To Go To Division 4 Due To Geographics. Maybe This Has Something To Do With Your Post

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm having no luck finding out what happen to the HH player with the appeal. I asked our president about it and he said the suspended players list hasn't come out this week due to it being a bye round.

Has anyone hear anything?

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
For the Div 2 Rep Team I'd have Ryan Butcher from Forest at 10 (when he's not injured). Multiple Barraclough Medal winner, great player who can control a game and they've really suffered without him.

Forest also have one of the better scrums going around, so their front row would be worth a bench spot at least.

Is Butcher Playing? I Believe With The Family Now That He Is Not Playing??? He Was Instrumental In The 2015 Grand Final Side.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
Been following this comp for a while now, and I heard Epping's 1st Grade captain has also got the sh$ts with the management there, especially the club officials behind the scenes and is looking for alternatives.

Has been seen shopping himself around higher divisions...

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm having no luck finding out what happen to the HH player with the appeal. I asked our president about it and he said the suspended players list hasn't come out this week due to it being a bye round.

Has anyone hear anything?

Nothing Should Come Of It.

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
Is Butcher Playing? I Believe With The Family Now That He Is Not Playing??? He Was Instrumental In The 2015 Grand Final Side.
He's still playing, but has been injured for half the season. Started against Mountains last week and Forest controlled the first half, but went off injured again which changed the game.

OJLovedNicole

Stan Wickham (3)
He's still playing, but has been injured for half the season. Started against Mountains last week and Forest controlled the first half, but went off injured again which changed the game.

Fantastic player and would be in any side. I would imagine at full strengths Forest would have a certain $ of any divisional representative side.

Kiko

Bob McCowan (2)
What About Team Of The Year For Each Division?

Division 2 Rep Team
1.A.Newson (HH)
2. D.Mighall (HH)
3. M.Borg (Hawkesbury)
5. J.Daniels (Mountains)
7. S.Morton (HH)
8. K.Nacina (HH)
9. M.Power (Mountains)
10. J.Bailey (Hawkesbury)
11. N.Cooke (Mountains)
12. B.Hape (Forest)
13. A.O'Shea (HH)
14. J.Rowland (Forest)
15. A.Macdonald (UNSW)

Division 3 Rep Team
1 M.Brown (OIRFC)
2 A.Emmett (Epping)
3 J.Lynch (Brothers)
4 J.Fitzpatrick (OIRFC)
5. T.McGregor (BOBS)
6 A.Forrest (Epping)
7. H.Byrnes (Epping)
8 D.Humphries (Hawkesbury Valley)
9 L.Burke (OIRFC)
10 W.Maihi (OIRFC)
11 S.Burfitt (Redfield)
12 K.Tuisowaqa (Brothers)
13 B.Scanlan (Newport)
14 J.Abrams (Redfield)
15 L.Sinclair (Newport)

What Is Everyones Thoughts On This?

Division 1 Would Just Be The Players Selected For Suburban Rugby XV.

What about kiko?

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
Division 2 Rep Team
1.A.Newson (HH)
2. D.Mighall (HH)
3. M.Borg (Hawkesbury)
5. J.Daniels (Mountains)
7. S.Morton (HH)
8. K.Nacina (HH)