• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm inclined to playing the players in their best positions instead of shifting good players out of their natural positions to cover for holes.

Duncan should stay at 12, QC (Quade Cooper) at 10 (or Stewart if QC (Quade Cooper) really is on the outer), and then just find a natural 15 from somewhere rather than potentially (and let's face it - it *always* happens) weaken two positions by shifting players all over the shop.

If it's elevated from clubland, or stolen from Japan or France?, I don't really mind - just make sure it is an actual 15.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
narratgif_zps7zva4las.gif

DP (those are important letters on this thread), isn't it true that the Blues need a first fly?

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Any chance of Campbell Magnay coming back once the Japanese season is over then signing with the Reds? I know it was originally a two year deal but contracts these days.

I'd push Samu Kerevi to 12 (where I believe his long term future is) play Magnay at 13 and shift Duncan Paia'aua to 15. If not maybe Chris Feauai-Sautia could play 12 with Duncan Paia'aua at 15?

I'd expect Quade Cooper could handle with game with either of those options but I wouldn't want nor expect Hamish Stewart to.

If Hamish Stewart starts 100% Duncan Paia'aua will play 12.

T

TOCC

Any chance of Campbell Magnay coming back once the Japanese season is over then signing with the Reds? I know it was originally a two year deal but contracts these days.

I'd push Samu Kerevi to 12 (where I believe his long term future is) play Magnay at 13 and shift Duncan Paia'aua to 15. If not maybe Chris Feauai-Sautia could play 12 with Duncan Paia'aua at 15?

I'd expect Quade Cooper could handle with game with either of those options but I wouldn't want nor expect Hamish Stewart to.

If Hamish Stewart starts 100% Duncan Paia'aua will play 12.

It’s funny, Rugby Australia allow the Rebels to sign a squad size beyond their limits and above the salary cap.. yet the Reds aren’t allowed to have a player on a Flexi-contract in Japan, despite this being something that the ARU/Rugby Australia had in previous years endorsed and touted as a means to retain talent in Australia.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
It’s funny, Rugby Australia allow the Rebels to sign a squad size beyond their limits and above the salary cap.. yet the Reds aren’t allowed to have a player on a Flexi-contract in Japan, despite this being something that the ARU/Rugby Australia had in previous years endorsed and touted as a means to retain talent in Australia.
I don’t think the Reds have money to offer any more contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

I don’t think the Reds have money to offer any more contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They tried signing Magnay a few months back, Magnay wanted to stay but had signed in Japan’s believing that he would be able to play a Flexi-contract like CFS had in 2016-2017... RA said no, they’ve changed their position on Flexi contracts.. Reds moved on and signed others, coincidentally CFS was one of those

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Do you think the Rebels have the money to cover all the contracts they have going currently? I'm with Tocc; it looks very odd to me.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Toua was also denied a flexi contract with the brumbies so no help there. Also think that would mean ANY aussie eligible players currently in Japan would not be approved unless it was as an injury cover. Better off looking for a local (though we are already scraping the bottom of the barrel) or bring in an actual marquee FB to replace Hunt. Wherever they are...someone who is an actual fullback that has good awareness, positional play and a open play boot.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think all rules have been torn up since the Rebels were allowed to sign up three teams worth of players.

If the Reds were denied the opportunity to sign Magnay or whomever now then I’d be kicking up a massive stink if I was them.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
I think all rules have been torn up since the Rebels were allowed to sign up three teams worth of players.

If the Reds were denied the opportunity to sign Magnay or whomever now then I’d be kicking up a massive stink if I was them.
Yep

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Wasn't Magnay told that if he signed the Japanese contract, he wouldn't get an QRU/ARU contract.

He signed anyway

I actually think RU have to stand strong on that one else we will have a generation of young players missing offseasons in Japan. Circumstances are a fair bit different

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think RA are going to give the rebels every advantage to ensure they do as well as possible in an effort to cleanse themselves of the axing of the force.

If the rebels have a shocking year, RA will crucified.

Status
Not open for further replies.