• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Looks like Quade is still/back in Auckland from his Instagram.

Maybe he should look for a gig with the Sunwolves.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
So is there any possibility of us seeing Quade suit up for the Blues/Sunwolves this season??

If he's training in NZ (which his social media confirms) it'd appear that there's little chance of us seeing him here in Red....

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
well there aint a lot happening on social media.

The Reds haven't post on facebook or twitter or instagram (as far as I can see) since last week.

Other than those few posts from Slipper and Tupou yesterday, I haven't seen any other Reds squad member post anything (other than Lukhan Tui non-rugby related stuff) for a couple of days. I may of course missed something, but it's interesting.

An edict from the new HC or their too buggered to post anything.

Or (Occam's Razor) just no one could be bothered posting anything

T

TOCC

Interesting listening to Beau Robinson’s podcast, did an a interview with Tom Murday and Jake McIntyre.

Talks to Tom about his journeyman years, and how his ultimate goal was to play for the Reds but every time he returned it never really worked out for him. Off in France finishing up a 3 year contract.

Likewise with Jake McIntyre, he said he had a few potential offers in Australia but no one could sign players because of the debacle with the ARU cutting the Force. He also didn’t like the way he had played at the Reds, conceded his form was pretty bad and wasn’t enjoying the game anymore or the style the Reds were playing . Agen approached him so he took the opportunity. Hasn’t ruled out returning home, he hopes his form for Agen helps him get a contract back in Australia eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
The Brumbies had already granted a number of these flexi contracts (Poey and CL to Japan) Due to his medical issues CL didn't take his up.

Poeys was not a flexi contract as such, rather a sabbatical (first ever). It was the ARU's decision not the Brumbies to block players re-signing.

The ARU changed the re-signing conditions late on and did not communicate it thus why so may players were caught out. Some players (and clubs like the Reds and Brumbies) were caught in a situation where they were proceeding, and in some cases committed to Japan contracts, with the belief that they would be negotiating renewals (as they had agreed to) with the players / clubs at the end of the season.

The ARU changed the conditions late on. So we end up with a bizarre situation where all 4 parties wish they had know about the ARU changes sooner and most likely we would have had different outcomes.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
It's possible that I am biased, but if you analyse the situation from the Tahs perspective and how it best suits them then you can determine the outcome of any approval process the RA needs to give - that has always been the case until this year, as this analysis should now include the Rebels perspective too and how any thing you want would suit them.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Quades not the Ulster man - it's Stephen Donald (until the end of this season) Though it'll be available next season.

Sale need a short term flyhalf until the end of the season also (Quade play with JOC (James O'Connor)?)

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Wasn’t JOC (James O'Connor) signed by Sale specifically as a 10? Reckon they’re more likely to move JOC (James O'Connor) back up from 15 and bring a squad guy in than pick up QC (Quade Cooper) to cover for Aj.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Without sounding like a broken record, checking the Reds website squad they announced a squad of 36 players, 14 of which are backs. Less Quade, Frisby and Hunt we now have 11 backs 3 of which are designated halfbacks. ( not including Frisby) is Tuttle the back up 10 now? Seriously we have no backs to cover injuries and not even enough backs to cover the only announced 15 aside trial being the inter squad trial game at the fan day? How goods Recruitment manager Cordingley going. A lot of Premier grade nrc boys must be hoping the phone rings. or are we going to have to borrow players from the ARU academy I mean the Melb Rebels. Seriously what the hell is going on.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Without sounding like a broken record, checking the Reds website squad they announced a squad of 36 players, 14 of which are backs. Less Quade, Frisby and Hunt we now have 11 backs 3 of which are designated halfbacks. ( not including Frisby) is Tuttle the back up 10 now? Seriously we have no backs to cover injuries and not even enough backs to cover the only announced 15 aside trial being the inter squad trial game at the fan day? How goods Recruitment manager Cordingley going. A lot of Premier grade nrc boys must be hoping the phone rings. or are we going to have to borrow players from the ARU academy I mean the Melb Rebels. Seriously what the hell is going on.

Laugh or cry? Rugrat, I think you have summed up very well.

T

TOCC

I’ll forget my cynicism about the whole management of the issue aside for a moment and work with what we’ve got.

9. Tuttle
10. Paia’aua
11. Nabuli
12. Kerevi
13. CFS
14, Dauganu
15. Stewart

Not enthralled about throwing Stewart into a starting role given his age, not about Duncan at 10... but that’s what we’ve got to work with I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
?

I think if you are going to throw a young lad into a starting role, wouldn't it be best to throw him into a position that he actually plays (i.e. 10)?

I think (imho) that line up has too many players playing out of position:

9. Tuttle (in position)
10. Stewart (in position)
11. Nabuli (in position)
12. Paia’aua (in position)
13. Kerevi (in position for the reds)
14, Dauganu (in position)
15. Maranta (supposedly in position, but I haven't been impressed), or Perese (out of position)

Perese was at least considered by Cheika for the fullback role...

It's not ideal, I agree - but this lineup has minimal disruption to the norm and with a rookie coaching line up and a very young team I think it's imperative not to complicate matters.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
wow, so many rookies and average players.

Never thought I'd be so happy to have Sautia in the squad. Not thrilled with so many youngsters (tuttle, stewart, perese, dp) being thrown out there next to poor defenders (nabuli and kerevi), poor players (maranta) and complete rookies (dauganu).

No leadership, no voice, no class, no hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.