• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Haha of course of course. More so interested as to why Toua hasn't gone back to the Brumbies as they wanted to keep him (I know they got Verityam & Peni in for Toua and Ahwong but they could still use another fullback), and Magnay hasn't come to us if this restriction has been temporarily lifted. Maybe Magnay wasn't interested, or we decided we didn't need him (hope not) or whatever the case etc etc

Do Toua and Lucas have contracts in Japan for next year? Presumably Magnay does? Does that make any difference to RA?

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
<
Say what you want about Lucas's talents, but every time that bloke was on the field he constantly put in a shift and played his heart out. He never whinged, wanted to box over the summer or created any form of friction thanks to his manager. He was/is a true professional. For a team starved of culture and leadership, I'll take that sort of bloke in the squad every single day of the week./p>
Lucas has always had great ticker, that is not disputable. However the point I was trying to make is that the farce has progressed so far with holes attempting to be papered over when there is a clear and easy answer.

Obviously whatever happened between Thorn and QC (Quade Cooper) is not repairable...

T

TOCC

Reds have a new sponsor, a company called Majella Group, QRU hasn't announced it but it's on the new gear which is out.

As there always is with the QRU theres a bit of a back story about Majella Group, CEO Seb Monsour is the brother in law of Cambell Newman and Seb was due to run for the seat of Ashgrove in the 2012, but was forced to resign after he lied about having played for the Queensland Reds. It would now appear his sister is now the head of marketing at the QRU.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Do Toua and Lucas have contracts in Japan for next year? Presumably Magnay does? Does that make any difference to RA?

ahhh it could indeed. Would explain debrazcini aswell. No flexi contracts, but you can go to japan and come back to australia if a team wants you - no guarentees. Not a bad option for lower paid guys getting on a bit (Toua is 28 and has a baby - his Super Rugby contract wouldn't be much) or for fringe/injury prone guys who havn't got much game time. Come back if they can or just stay in Japan or have a holiday if not.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reds have a new sponsor, a company called Majella Group, QRU hasn't announced it but it's on the new gear which is out.

As there always is with the QRU theres a bit of a back story about Majella Group, CEO Seb Monsour is the brother in law of Cambell Newman and Seb was due to run for the seat of Ashgrove in the 2012, but was forced to resign after he lied about having played for the Queensland Reds. It would now appear his sister is now the head of marketing at the QRU.

his sister starting working there late last year. But it's a terrible look.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)

Wonder if a clause in the sponsor agreement will see Seb on the bench in #23 to come in with 3 Min left in a late season dead rubber. I PLAYED FOR THE REDS!!

T

TOCC

his sister starting working there late last year. But it's a terrible look.

Sorry didn’t mean to suggest she has the job because of the sponsorship, mentioned it because I find the intertwined web of corporate support quite intriguing

dru

Tim Horan (67)

What the actual F?

charlesalan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Just remembered spotting James o Connor doing a workout earlier today in broadbeach - long way from Sale don't cha think?

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
f0fcc12b7194ffea956f74bcaa2422ac.jpg

Some news on Pickle. Interesting his club us the first to announce it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green grass

Chris McKivat (8)
I know it's a crap shoot at the moment at the Reds but there's enough positives around too really kick up some excitement.. That second row.. Slipper back.. Tongan Thor.. Brad, Thorn..one of the best to play the game as coach.. Now us in the know would be worried.. But I reckon some none dedicated fans broncos fans.. People who remember BT.. Might jump on board

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

No positives. Can't see you blokes winning a game.

T

TOCC

Just remembered spotting James o Connor doing a workout earlier today in broadbeach - long way from Sale don't cha think?

Wouldn't worry, Sale rested a few players against Lyon because they weren't going to progress any further in the Champions Cup, its just a bit of respite.

T

TOCC

No positives. Can't see you blokes winning a game.

Thanks... I'm quite critical of everything which has occurred at the Reds the past 12 months, however i do think there are a few positives within the remaining squad with some of the players on the books, might be just a bit inexperienced for 2018.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I have been looking at my social media accounts and have been impressed with the Rebels, they just appear to be more professional that the Reds.

They remind me of the Reds a few years ago, excitement is building and is building up fast for their season with new signings and a new coach.

I hope I am wrong and the Res can win a lot of games but my money is on the Rebels to win the Aussie conference, they just seem to be doing everything, including the small things right.

They must have happy members....I have not renewed mine with the Reds, and have not heard from them to try to get me back.

It is like the Reds have given up on being a professional business and are just content to be a football team that does its best on game day and think this will work in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.