• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd 5, - Reds v Jaguares - 18/3 - 7.40am Buenos Aires

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Not quite the same though. Sam would have stepped on the 10 after he smashed him as well - just for good measure.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I haven't seen anything else, but I think if his on field performance can match his press conference abilities we might have a future Wallabies Capitan on our hands. That's one of the best interviews given to a non-english speaking press I have seen in a long long time!

Does Medicine I believe and was a former Head Boy at Churchie, bit of a renaissance man.

A few of the commentators have said he definitely takes after his mother

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)
Breaking news. Reds stuck in Brasil. Not allowed to fly to SA because of ?vaccination requirement!!
Either cock up by Reds management or ?SA plot.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Let’s hope it was something outside their control, not internal admin.

This is kind of worrying, I'd rather not be playing a professional sport having just had a vaccination... Maybe ASY (Angus Scott-Young) can give them to the team or does he have a while to go on his degree. :p:rolleyes:;)

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
It's probably the yellow fever vaccination which South Africa require (and Australia stongly recommends!) if you are traveling in or through some bits of Argentina or Brazil

Officially you should only be accepted 10 days after the vaccination - so I wonder if some players got their shot late last week and aren't covered even now

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
It's probably the yellow fever vaccination which South Africa require (and Australia stongly recommends!) if you are traveling in or through some bits of Argentina or Brazil

Officially you should only be accepted 10 days after the vaccination - so I wonder if some players got their shot late last week and aren't covered even now

Yellow fever is only real in Northern Argentina near Iguazu and the Brazilian border. But for SA, they regard it as a Yellow Fever country regardless of where you go. Bit of a logistic stuff up.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Not quite the same though. Sam would have stepped on the 10 after he smashed him as well - just for good measure.

TV coverage wasn't as penetrating then as it is now though. Sam would have been cooling hisheels in the naughty boys chair.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yellow fever is only real in Northern Argentina near Iguazu and the Brazilian border. But for SA, they regard it as a Yellow Fever country regardless of where you go. Bit of a logistic stuff up.

They might have popped by the falls. It's pretty neat.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Pretty sure you'd need to go via Brazil to get to SA.

Can you fly BA to Cape Town direct? Would imagine you'd have to stop over somewhere, maybe it's the most convenient route?

Yep I assume you guys are right, they were originally flying directly from wherever it was in Brazil they got stopped to Cape Town. I was assuming they would go BA to Jo'burg and then across to Cape Town. Maybe that is the thing to do in the future if there is some restriction in place on flights from Brazil.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
There are direct flights to Jo'burg from Sao Paulo on South African Airways which I think was the original plan. Then a domestic flight down to Cape Town.

But if SAA won't let you board, then bit of extra flying to be done.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.