• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

1981 Springbok tour to NZ - 30 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patto.

Allen Oxlade (6)
The issue that concerns me is the anonymity of the accuser. How can you defend yourself against malicious accusation if the accuser is guaranteed anonymity.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
It was a lot more than 10 mins,but more importantly your answer completely misses the point.

It wasn't actually, he even stated so.

Your question does raise an interesting point.

Here's another angle... a journo goes to NZ, witnesses somebody selling drugs, goes to the cops, and the cops don't do anything. The journalist then writes about how poor the police in NZ are as they didnt follow up on his accusations and ignored him... story goes viral about how shit and probably corrupt the NZ police are becuase they failed to do the basics of their job on the back of "hard" evidence from a journo...

Which side of the fence are we all on then?

EDIT: Not sure what all the hypothetical talk is about - just trying to see if I can get people to see it from my p.o.v ?

J

Jay

The issue that concerns me is the anonymity of the accuser. How can you defend yourself against malicious accusation if the accuser is guaranteed anonymity.

And if it had come to actually proving it in a court of law, the guy would have been entitled to face his accuser. But anonymous tips are a necessity in law enforcement all over the world.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Jay that blue budgie in your avator look pretty special? Tell me more.

That NZ police lot would have handled the situation differently if it was Bees Roux in that pub. Taupo would never have been the same ever again.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Wow, talk about a storm in a teacup. I think there are a few too many people wanting to find fault with the Kiwis at every turn. How about reading the 'rugby spirit' thread and keeping things positive.

Top Bloke

Ward Prentice (10)
Perhaps the cops should have taken the complainant with them to confirm the description of the "perp"

Status
Not open for further replies.