• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2010 QLD Club Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

In addition to that there was in all in brawl in the club house a fortnight ago.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
tranquility said:
In addition to that there was in all in brawl in the club house a fortnight ago.

Isn't that every Saturday night at the filth??? One player slept with another players sister and he was trying to save her for another mate?

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Noddy said:
http://qru.com.au/verve/_resources/Round_5_file.pdf

There's a "Caleb Ralph" on the bench for the Sting Rays.....

The QRU website matchday preview states:
"The Stingrays were joined by former All Black Caleb Ralph this week and will look for him to make an immediate impact at either inside centre or from the bench"

What he's doing up at Sunny Coast is anyone's guess. Think he's worth more than a bench spot.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Refabit said:
Noddy said:
http://qru.com.au/verve/_resources/Round_5_file.pdf

There's a "Caleb Ralph" on the bench for the Sting Rays.....

The QRU website matchday preview states:
"The Stingrays were joined by former All Black Caleb Ralph this week and will look for him to make an immediate impact at either inside centre or from the bench"

What he's doing up at Sunny Coast is anyone's guess. Think he's worth more than a bench spot.

He's a bit of a ladies man so he might be up there chasing so tail. ;)

unsub god

Herbert Moran (7)
Isn't that every Saturday night at the filth??? One player slept with another players sister and he was trying to save her for another mate?

Unlike the uni players who are busy sleeping with eachother !

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Right, lookin for some good club rugby to get me out of the doldrums after last night's disappointment.

Uni v Easts may well be the game of the round, with Morahan having a run with the Students, alonside the likes of Jonno Lance. Uni will also feature former Tigers, Preconain at lock, and Porter in the Centres, both very handy players.

I'm expecting Brothers to finally get on the board against Wests as they will be very desperate to kickstart their season. Sunnybank should be too good at home against GPS, but the Gallopers have a strong forward pack that will take it to them.

Souths v Sun Coast is a tough one. You can't write off a side that has Turinui, Kefu and now Ralph, coming off the bench. And finally, Norths to get up over the Coast at Shaw Park, but again, I think it will be close.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
unsub god said:

Unlike the uni players who are busy sleeping with eachother !

Any port in a storm :lmao:

S

scrubber

it will be great when Reds players rejoin their club sides for the run home

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
scrubber said:

Yeah it will. I think Souths may suffer due to how well the Fainga'a brothers have been going. Also there will be quite a few clubs missing players to the U20's teams. There are a few players in the Fijian and Samoan teams that play in Brisbane from what I have been told.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Regular starters and bench players for the Reds are being given leave to miss the club round on 22 May (they do have the option to play but it's the players choice). Players that have had little game time for the Reds are available for clubs on 22 May.

All Reds players (except those selected in Wallaby squad or injured) are available for club round on 29 May.

Then all Reds and Academy players have leave for the week commencing 7 June (part of RPUA deal), however this is a bye round for clubs anyway. U20 players due back 23rd June and if they've had little game time can play for clubs on 26 June. If they've had decent game time in U20's they will be available for clubs on 3rd July.

T

TOCC

gotta say i was disgusted with one of the GPS players the other day at Sunnybank, after the game he had a go at the touch judge, what amazed me even more was the fact that there were GPS club officials just standing right there, they witnessed the issue and they didnt step in.

Its against the ethos of rugby, and lowered my opinion of the GPS club as a whole.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
There has been a change in the coaching at Uni with Paul Healy leaving to take up the role of Rugby Coach with the NT Institute of Sport. He has been replaced by Pat Howard and James Holbeck (returning to the role he held last year). Not a bad back ups in my book.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Jets said:
scrubber said:

Yeah it will. I think Souths may suffer due to how well the Fainga'a brothers have been going. Also there will be quite a few clubs missing players to the U20's teams. There are a few players in the Fijian and Samoan teams that play in Brisbane from what I have been told.
Had a bit of a trawl around the IRB site and there are quite a few Brisbane youngsters playing in the World Champs. Will post in the U20's.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Noddy said:
Two things that interested me. Firstly Lance at 15 this weekend for Uni. Who is Williams? Must be trialling him ahead of Lance's absence during the U20's. Secondly, Ole Avei at the top of the tryscorers list. Wow!

Sunnybank are going to be hard to roll this year. Already at the top of the ladder, and plenty of Reds to return to the side in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.