• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2010 QLD Club Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jim

Very well done to Sunny Coast. Great for QLD rugby. I have been at the Easts games for the last 5 weeks and if Matt Brandon isn't a ready to go number 10 for Super Rugby i am not watching the right game. Spectator i agree with you. he has been in everything. I saw him even do the job of the flankers many times over the last few games. Dom fuller at 9 and the number 12... dont know his name.. go very well aswell.

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)
I hope they win on the weekend because with the amount of press they get up on the Coast it will be great for rugby up there.[/QUOTE]
I'll support any team to beat the filth. haha

S

saulih

I am away from technology for the coming week and so will be excited to hear if the SC boys get up... a full match report would be great :)

B

Boomy

Finals time ladies and gents.

General admission $5, on-site parking $5 per car.

Ballymore - Saturday
Colts 2
8:35am (Ballymore 1) Logan v GPS
8:35am (Ballymore 2) Ipswich v Uni (2)
10:20am (Ballymore 1) Easts v Wynumm
10:20am (Ballymore 2) Brothers v Sunnybank
Colts 1
12:05pm (Ballymore 1) GPS v University
12:05pm (Ballymore 2) Sunnybank v Easts
4th Grade
1:50pm (Ballymore 1) GPS v University
1:50pm (Ballymore 2) Sunnybank v Easts
3rd Grade
4:00pm (Ballymore 1) Souths v Sunnybank
4:00pm (Ballymore 2) GPS v Easts

Ballymore - Sunday
2nd Grade
9:00am (Ballymore 1) Brothers v GPS
9:00am (Ballymore 2) University v Souths
1st Grade
11:10am (Ballymore 1) Souths v University
11:10am (Ballymore 2) Brothers v GPS
Premier Colts
1:20pm (Ballymore 1) Gold Coast v GPS
1:20pm (Ballymore 2) Brothers v University
Premier
3:05pm (Ballymore 1) Brothers v Sunshine Coast (Minor Semi-Final - Elimination)
5:30pm (Ballymore 1) University v Sunnybank (Major Semi-Final - Qualifying)

Team lists and match day program - http://www.qru.com.au/verve/_resources/Semi-Finals.pdf

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Sunny Coast up over Brothers 37-27 and deservedly so - Sunny Coast #12 was a real handful for Brothers.

Uni over Sunnybank 42-17 after leading 35-3 until making mass substituitions.

After today my money would be on Sunny Coast next week.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Well, after watching the games last week I was thinking SunCoast are a big chance to get over Sunnybank, however the latter will be much improved with Houston and a couple of others running out the rust. The problem I see for Sunnybank is they don't seem to have any attacking options that don't involve Ben Tapuai. Maybe Kingi moving to half will change that?

Sun Coast will miss their skipper but their pack is still quite beefy, and they rolled Brothers pretty convincingly. They also looked pretty strong from half through to outside.

Should be a good game. Love to see the Coast dream continue.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Well who would have thought..Sunshine Coast into their first ever Grand Final. They won today's game out at Ballymore 20-15. Quite an entertaining game with two tries apiece, and the Suncoast fullback nailing a couple of important kicks. For Sunnybank Houston looked dangerous with ball in hand and Kingi was strong and a handful at halfback, but they squandered too much posession.

Sunny Coast weren't going to die wondering and really threw the ball around, a little too much at times. They defended very well and took their chances with a well executed try to Caleb Ralph late in the second half giving them the victory. They will be heavy underdogs in the GF against Uni, but have shown they're not scared of reputations.

Well done Sunny Coast, wonder if there is one more big game left?

S

saulih

YOU LITTLE RIPPER!!!

I thought the phrase 'fairytale season' was being used a little early by some media articles I had been reading, but now would be the right time to pull it out. Would love to be at the GF next week, but living on the other side of the globe makes the travel fare a little hard to explain to the missus.

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)
Sunnybank Club stalwart Don Strow has passed away from a heart attack this morning. The club offers it condolences to the extended Strow family.

jauzy19

Ward Prentice (10)
Caleb Ralph will probably sign for french club Toulouse in the coming days, he'll cover the injury of centre Yann David who is out for 4 to 6 months.

Did he have a good season with the Sunshine Coast Stingrays ?

ikaletahi

Herbert Moran (7)
He looked to be crusie control for most of the season...showing on a few occassions what he was capable of when needed...see: Preliminary Final try vs Sunnybank.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
This thread is now closed. Anybody who wants to post on this topic should start a new thread:

Queensland Club Rugby 2011.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.