• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2010 Wallabies End of Year Tour (EOYT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
If the Wallabies beat the All Blacks I'm going to definitely sit up and watch every game on tour. I'm glad to hear that it is all about winning now and not stuffing about.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
does it really matter if our A team loses? It doesn't effect our IRB Rankings. THere's no trophies on offer. There's no RWC qualifications. Its a development tool pure and simple.
So it's ok to lose from here on in?

Unless you want to find out just how much of a living hell I can make your collective lives from the morning of November the 17th onwards if they do lose - then yes, it most certainly does. :D

Why, Mr 1978, would we think you would possibly be annoying and revisionist in any way if your boys happened to sneak a win?:lmao::lmao:

........snip....

Given your earlier posts regarding your deluded desire for a Munster victory over the Men in Gold, would this victory be considered more important than the 78 version, and will your name be changing to Thormond10?

We will graciously subject ourselves to a Thormond inspired "living hell" if the unimaginable happens on November 17, provided there is a forfeit on your behalf when the inevitable Golden victory occurs. What are you proposing for when we win?

Oops:-[

I saw the Munster-Toulon match yesterday.....I guess it will depend on the team they put out, but Munster are not a team to take lightly, especially by a Wallaby B (C- ?) team. I have grave fears that Thomond78 will be making things miserable for Wallaby supporters if we aren't careful.

Leicester are no slouches either.

We could always ban him if we lose! :fishing

T78. Thank you for being relatively humble in the aftermath of the Munster victory.

Sully. No need to ban just yet. Our self flagellation is having the desired effect without any extra external effort on T78's behalf!

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Let's have a quick update on the tour so far;

We beat the All Blacks by 2

We beat Wales by 9 but since then Fiji has played a draw against them.

We beat Leicester by 9

We lost to England by 17

We lost to Munster by 9

The declared objective of the tour is to build momentum for the World Cup. From this perspective you can see a clear trend emerging which would be encouraging apart from its direction.

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
Don't think we need a graph to remind us.:(

Love your work Bruce. A couple of ripper one liners recently.

Awesome work from your good self, Groucho and Cyclo to mention a recent few standouts. Lee Grant has also broken out from the impartial unemotional reporter mode to drop a few absolute beauties as well. :salute

I think it was one of the Fenech's original quotes but "I loves yez all". Keep it up. :thumb

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think it was one of the Fenech's original quotes but "I loves yez all". Keep it up. :thumb

Numero uno, I can still hear the Marrickville Mauler post fight:

"Em, 'e gave me a hard fight. Em, 'e never hurt me. Em, I loves yez all." I never did figure out who Em was.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
We learn a lot more from losses, than we do from victories. There are patches of real gold amongst the dross of some of these outings.

You can bet that some of these players will gain plenty of motivational strength from their poor performance under pressure.

We are not the All Blacks, and never will be, at least not in my lifetime. We are not even South Africa. We are a country with a relatively shallow talent pool and absent a miracle we will always have to work a lot harder than most teams to do well at the top level.

I have seen our side cop some humiliating canings, one game against Tonga in 1973 stands out, but I go back a lot further than that. Win, lose, or draw, I still continue to believe that Deans is the right man for the current situation, and I believe that most of the moves that he has made are the right ones. Some of these professional players need to take stock of themselves and start earning their keep, every week, just like the Blacks (and all New Zealand rugby players, come to think of it). Every minute, every week. Forget the short cuts, and the tricks - because there are none in the long run. Hard work, application, and will power are the only tricks that I know.

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
Numero uno, I can still hear the Marrickville Mauler post fight:

"Em, 'e gave me a hard fight. Em, 'e never hurt me. Em, I loves yez all." I never did figure out who Em was.

Em might have been a family matriarch (like his mother, or grandmother), or perhaps his first girlfriend.:nta:

Status
Not open for further replies.