• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2010 Wallabies Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Hopes:
1. We learn to finish off our chances (more tries will help get the media off the Wallabies backs too).
2. A fullback comes from nowhere so that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) can move to centre and Ioane to the wing.
3. No backline injuries this year.

Expectations
1. Continued improvements by our forwards in all departments and our lineout to function like it did in 2007 (Foley will help TPN cure his throwing problems).
2. JO'N to put his foot in his mouth AGAIN.
3. A number of Wallabies to talk it up prior to an important test and not show up MENTALLY on gameday when action is required.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Expectations:

1. Our lineout to improve to at least European standard.
2. Our forwards to improve in getting numbers to the breakdown.
3. Mindgames with the refs from the Saffas and Henry/Cron about illegalities in our scrum ahead of the trinations.
4. Evidence that Deans has given serious thought to countering the Saffa gameplan.
5. JOC (James O'Connor) to get nowhere near the starting 15 for a serious match.
6. Winning all our matches against the Europeans

Hopes:

1. Some solid backup props to appear. At the moment our best backup loosehead prop is probably our tighthead prop. Dunno who our best backup THP is, probably Big Al but I can't see him getting near the side again.
2. An injury-free season from Barnes.
3. Gits to show some consistency, preferably after getting the goal-kicking duties taken off him in favour of a straighter kicker.
4. Mortlock to stay injury-free and inject some straight running into our midfield.
5. No more paying through the nose for doomed league converts.
6. A vital win in NZ to shake that monkey off our back ahead of the WC.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hopes-
1- the justice system in QLD fails miserably and does not punnish "high profile" sports stars....and Cooper shows the world how good he can be at 10.
2- Cameron Shepard to play every minute of every S14 game this year, and then cement a spot at Fullback so AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) can play Outside Gits in the Wallabies
3- AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to look outside himself and pass the ball to the winger of the year- Ione
4- G Smith to only average 5 minutes per game beacuse he cant get a look in on Pocock not because of his ability but becasue of Pococks high level of performance
5- A pushover try against the Springboks in SA
6- The Wallabies to hold posession for 15 phases at least 5 times in every test
7- Prop Forwards to recieve more man of the matches than any other position

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
liquor box said:
Hopes-

Er, really ? I'd consider that as a sign of a toothless attack. I'd rather we just make a shitload of breaks, backup and offload rather than go to ground, recycle and give the defence the opportunity to recover & spoil.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
naza said:
liquor box said:
Hopes-

Er, really ? I'd consider that as a sign of a toothless attack. I'd rather we just make a shitload of breaks, backup and offload rather than go to ground, recycle and give the defence the opportunity to recover & spoil.
I think it shows and ability to be patient and also shows that you have the skill to keep the oppostion off your ball.

It is not often that you can achieve this number of phases without scoring points.

I would also kill to see some rolling mauls occur

S

straightshooter

spectator said:
I think purely and simply, capitalising on good starts and finishing off games successfully.
just want WINS - ugly, beautiful whatever

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
straightshooter said:
spectator said:
I think purely and simply, capitalising on good starts and finishing off games successfully.
just want WINS - ugly, beautiful whatever

I've never understood that philosophy. If all people want is to see Australia win and care nothing for the aesthetics of the game, then there is an other code ready made for that purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.