• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2011 G&GR Sydney Christmas get-together drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The inaugural G&GR Christmas pissup in 2008 was at the Heritage Belgian Beer Cafe in Harrington Street. One major advantage of this venue is its closeness to Wynyard Station, apart from the (many) excellent Belgian beers and bloody good tucker; we also had a great night there in September when our Dear Leader visited us from His palace over in the Old Dart. I quite enjoy a good chinwag over a feed, last year's long table at the James Squire Brewhouse was excellent, as was the dinner with DL in September. pedallist and I have mulled over suitable venues for our Christmas do this year, many I'd like to suggest don't have the combination of outstanding beers and a suitable dining space. The Lord Nelson G&GR Christmas pissup in 2009 was very enjoyable (how could we forget NTA's two main courses? Well, he IS a prop!) but it couldn't have fitted last year's turnout for dinner as there simply isn't a space big enough for us to enjoy a feed. Believe me, we've tried to find one. And tried again! And again!

My suggestion is the Heritage Belgian Beer Cafe again, with a small twist: there are a number of free-standing tables down the back, these are perfect for us to move to when time comes to eat. I'll book it tomorrow and suss out a function package. The day and date is Monday, 19 December.

COULD I PLEASE HAVE AN INDICATION OF NUMBERS OF THOSE WHO'RE GOING TO BE THERE. PLEASE HIT 'AGREE' IF YOU ARE ATTENDING, OR REPLY BELOW

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'll edit the first post to make a list which one of us mods can update - if people just make their intentions clear here so we can get a decent idea of numbers.
And thanks Lindo for getting this organised, as usual.
Those who haven't been, it is invariably a good night. Those who have, come again, and enjoy the opportunity to ignore Rule 10 in person.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'll pop in to say hello, will be driving though so won't be wearing my drinking shoes

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Heritage Belgian Beer Cafe in Harrington Street booked for 6:00pm, Monday, 19 December. We'd better have a good rollup because I've paid a (substantial) deposit.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Have been off the threads for a while now (busy busy) but thought to check in to see if there's a piss up this year. Good to see I haven't been dissapointed.
I will pop in for a drink but won't stay for dinner. look forward to seeing you all there

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Well Lindo if you're out we can reschedule to Tuesday. My only day off. Oh wait was invited to a Hannukah dinner....

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Argh, bad news! A family christmas dinner has just been scheduled in Terrigal for tomorrow night. What a prick.

My sincerest apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.