• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2011 S15 Semi Stormers vs Saders @ Newlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Brits is one of the most outstanding players in the English Premiership so any talk of his not be able to shine in Super Rugby would be off the mark IMO.

But back to the game itself. The first match between these two teams this year was one one of the most stirring Super games I have ever seen and I've seen all of them except a literal handful in the early days when there weren't so many replays and my recorder was stuffed up, or whatever.

The Crusaders had injuries before the match and McCaw and Carter didn't play. Then the replacement starters were injured and even their replacements were crocked. By oranges there were four Saders backs from the matchday 22 crocked and Todd was playing on the wing.

When the Saders play I usually go for the other side because they are underdogs but I felt myself changing allegiance back to the brave visitors in that game.

If they do make a documentary of their season, that game will feature in it.

Won't be going for the Kiwi team tonight though. Assuming the Reds beat the Blues, not a given, I think they have a better chance to beat the Stormers at home though the Saders will have travelled a lot by that time.

Go the Reds.

C

chriscullen

Crusaders have obviously considered the option of kickers to decide if all tied up at extra time. After training yesterday Crockett,franks and Flynn all potted one from 25 out... Carter missed his.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Crusaders have obviously considered the option of kickers to decide if all tied up at extra time. After training yesterday Crockett,franks and Flynn all potted one from 25 out... Carter missed his.

Running dead to give the boys some confidence :lmao:

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
The commentating from Marto in the Reds game made me nauseous, add a few beers and the stress of actually watching my team play - this could get ugly for me. Go Saders!!!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Nearly as bad as Kearns in the NSW games....

I reckon the Stormers stuffed up benching Juan de Jongh.

Looking forward to an epic forward battle and seeing what sort of condition Rutchie is actually in.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not happy here...Sky sports here has listed this match only available online...so no live telecast...just hope one of the red buttons has it though!

EDIT: Found it on Sky sports 4 Red button! whoo hoo!

R

RuckinGoodStats

Goal kickers: Stormers Grant 85% (50 from 59) Crusaders: Carter 72% (50/69) on 143 points Berquist 68% (27/40) #super15 #superrugby

Drop kick attempts: Stormers Aplon 1 from 1. Crusaders Carter 1 from 3, Berquiest 1 from 4, Ellis 1 from 2.

Stormers on average (#super15 rank 1=most/highest) per game: 9.3 pens (8); 4.9 pens at ruck (13); 11.6 missed tackles (14)

Crusaders on average (#super15 rank 1=most/highest) per game: 10.3 pens (3); 6.1 pens at ruck (4); 13.9 missed tackles (6)

Stormers v Crusaders Ref stats: Joubert forced to award, per game average 18.5 pens (10.5 at ruck) 4.6 scrum resets & 3.1 scrum infringes

Stormers v Crusaders Ref stats: Joubert 16 (1=most/highest) from 17 refs to award scrum resets, 4th in scrum infringements

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Crusaders having the most of the luck in the game so far, an intercept try and few well placed penalities to lead 16 to 3 at 25min into first half...

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Don't attribute too much to luck, the way the Saders are coming off the line is just shutting the Stormers down and they are getting frustrated and making silly mistakes. Crusaders winning the collision at the moment. Not many teams can beat the Stormers in that area.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Blimey, wonderful offload in a congested space by SBW to Freuan for a well deserved try...

Status
Not open for further replies.