• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 IRB Junior World Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I don't think Tony Melrose qualifies on age does he. Ben Melrose might but definitely not Tony.
Sorry about that. I saw Ben play in a few Uni games last year, pretty outstanding I thought.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
I don't think Tony Melrose qualifies on age does he. Ben Melrose might but definitely not Tony.

Does anyone else question why the ARU is having a 4 day camp held during the week. Don't these guys have uni courses/jobs/apprenticeships to consider. Those players that were at school last year it is a big ask for them to take this time off when everything is just starting in their lives away from football. I know it may be difficult to prepare them otherwise but still it is very demanding on the players lives.

They had the same last year. Make a few cuts and then more trials. Like any other job the ARU work week days, and besides - Super Rugby games are on the weekends and who wants to give up going to/watching the games?!!!
As to Uni and jobs, most Uni's are pretty good and they have to just hope like hell that bosses are too!

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Another two not on the list besides UJ Seutini Reds (EPS) is Nick Frisby Reds (EPS) or Kyle Godwin Force (EPS)

I take it that the age is players must be born after 1 Jan 1992 and is there an age considered too young by IRB?

I take that this competition is played whilst the Super 15 is in hiatus.

Liam Gill should be a shoe in for captaincy as was withdrawn from 2011. The other fully contracted Super 15 player is Chris Feauai-Sautia.

Returning from last year in the 43 initial squad
Apolosi Latunipulu
Matthew Lucas
Hugh Roach

Surprised Mitchell Felsman not in the 43

Could someone reply with details of Matthew White NSW.

CHS 72

Bob McCowan (2)
A "Mathew White" played for Warringah Colts 1sts last year, on the wing or in the centres. If this is the same guy, I believe he is a bit out of his depth. Can anyone else shine any light on him?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
A "Mathew White" played for Warringah Colts 1sts last year, on the wing or in the centres. If this is the same guy, I believe he is a bit out of his depth. Can anyone else shine any light on him?
Cannot be him, he played a fair bit of colt's 2's in the second round.
They don't pick guys out of colts without a serious Schoolboy pedigree.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Felsman dislocated his shoulder in the QLD A game against Tonga.
Liam Gill should be a shoe in but will he have to many starts or off the bench apperances for the Reds?

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Mathew White played first grade colts for Eastwood. Big strong second rower - had a very good year. I believe he has gone to Norths this year to play grade.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Liam Gill should be a shoe in but will he have to many starts or off the bench apperances for the Reds?

Is there a restriction on how many starts in Super Rugby they can have had? Might have been what was behind Link starting Gill on the weekend, making sure he wouldn't be out of the Reds squad and have to be flown back again. Or am I just a cynic?

T

tranquility

I hope he goes over and captains the team, between Shatz and Quirk we can cover him for a few weeks. He would be electric over there and give the group a major boost, would be very good for his development I think.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
I am of the belief that it was 4 starts or 8 from the bench (maybe a mixture of both) but I could very well be wrong...

T

tranquility

Well that's a change of heart from last year...

Yeah, but I think due to the extra length of the season the tournament may not correspond with the finals, I could be wrong however. Playing super finals is far more important than the U20s. He dominated the breakdown as a 17 year old, I think he could really turn the screw as a match hardened 19/20 year old.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Are most of these guys playing Grade or Colts at the moment?
Stolberg and Lucas played most of the year in Brissy Prems last year and I think Beauchamp might have as well.

Is the young Tah's winger eligible for this team?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Pools:
Pool A
New Zealand
Fiji
Wales
Samoa
Pool B
England
South Africa
Ireland
Italy
Pool C
Australia
France
Argentina
Scotland
Fixtures:(All kick-offs are South African time)
Day One - Monday, June 4:
Danie Craven StadiumWales v Fiji (14.45)
New Zealand v Samoa (16.45)
South Africa v Ireland (18.45)
University of the Western Cape
Australia v Scotland (14.45)
England v Italy (16.45)
France v Argentina (18.45)
Day Two - Friday, June 8:
Danie Craven Stadium
Australia v Argentina (14.45)
New Zealand v Wales (16.45)
England v Ireland (18.45)
University of the Western CapeFiji v Samoa (14.45)
France v Scotland (16.45)
South Africa v Italy (18.45)
Day Three - Tuesday, June 12
Danie Craven Stadium
Ireland v Italy (14.45)
France v Australia (16.45)
South Africa v England (18.45)
Argentina v Scotland (14.45)
Wales v Samoa (16.45)
New Zealand v Fiji (18.45)
At the end of the pool phase the teams will be seeded based on the position in which they finished in their respective pools.
Day 4 - Sunday, June 17
10th seed v 11th seed (12.30)
9th seed v 12th seed (14.45)
6th seed v 7th seed (17.00)
Danie Craven Stadium
5th seed v 8th seed (14.45)
2nd seed v 3rd seed (17.00)
1st seed v 4th seed (19.45)
Day 5 - Friday, June 22:
9th/10th place play-off (12.00)