• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 IRB Junior World Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I'd call that a try, simultaneous. That scrum and the great control by the No. 8 at the back were the highlight of this match. You can see the difference between the comparative 9 and 10 kicking game. Has proved pivotal.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Credit to Argentina here, their pressure at the breakdown and in defence was brilliant. That being said we were shithouse, Browning and Lucas the only players who had good games in my opinion.

Onto France.....

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
so what happened to the rule book??? not sure what game glen jackson is watching.

i dont think its the aus front rows fault for the scrum faults they are getting nothing from their locks so they just slide backwards in the mud (re not like being on ice) because of the lack of pressure from the locks. thats why hoskins in going up now to try and counter that.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
so what happened to the rule book??? not sure what game glen jackson is watching.

i dont think its the aus front rows fault for the scrum faults they are getting nothing from their locks so they just slide backwards in the mud (re not like being on ice) because of the lack of pressure from the locks. thats why hoskins in going up now to try and counter that.

Totally agree. No power in the 2nd row. They even went high on pushes.

strapping

Stan Wickham (3)
passes that went no where, dropped catches, scrums being killed. pumas much more aggressive around the rucks. Aussies after the first 30 couldn't get anything going at all.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The telling stat was - Ball Moved to Wings - Aus 8, Arg 0.

We don't know any other way than to fling it wide. In the wet it gives the chance of that runaway try happening. We never got the chance to return the favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.