• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship R5G1 Springbokke vs Wallabies @ the Bull Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
I think Cooper wants to spend more time in a Facility that facilitates a National Team, not less as Knuckles is suggesting.

I do not think Coopers nonsense contributed too much to the poor tackling and backline defence. Usually reliable players like Diggers simply didn't step up. The Saffers targeted them and they were found wanting. Is Diggers one of the Rat Pack?

You cop what Digby got hit with and play. He was out cold in the game. Jesus - this is more than one or two players not stepping up and it's more than a few injuries. There were quite a few that simply struggled and it seems to me that it is not just the physicality of the game that some struggled with but the mental aspect of it too. Are the younger lads prepared for these games - playing these games are the only way for some of these lads to understand just how tough International games can be. Next game will be no walk in the park.
The whole of the ARU needs to be assessed. Not just Quade and Deans - seems there are some serious issues. There have been so many changes and comings and goings as well as injuries that the players must be struggling to develop any continuity.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Our front row will get smashed. And mike Harris in for Scott higger, another strange move from deans. A 6,7,8 interchanged for a outside. :)

An inspired choice. Well done Dingo. We could have done with a couple more backs on the bench!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
You cop what Digby got hit with and play. He was out cold in the game. Jesus - this is more than one or two players not stepping up and it's more than a few injuries. There were quite a few that simply struggled and it seems to me that it is not just the physicality of the game that some struggled with but the mental aspect of it too. Are the younger lads prepared for these games - playing these games are the only way for some of these lads to understand just how tough International games can be. Next game will be no walk in the park.
The whole of the ARU needs to be assessed. Not just Quade and Deans - seems there are some serious issues. There have been so many changes and comings and goings as well as injuries that the players must be struggling to develop any continuity.

International Footy is a big step up from S15.

S15 form does not always translate to Teat Level.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
firstly, what a brutal game that was.
secondly, even 10,000 kms away Quade contributed to the result
thirdly, we need to stop hiding behind the injury toll.

Even during the farce of the non-replacement the commentators were making excuses for the result and named 15 blokes who were out, including some who took the field tonight I might add.

The point of real concern for mine is that it appears, no-one is asking why they are getting injured? I would suggest it's because they spend too much time in the gym measuring skin folds than they do playing footy, getting the body used to taking knocks. We all know there's no fitness like match fitness. Yet we continually hold players back from playing the game.

Who's responsible for it? The two genuises who run the HPU. And ultimately, the two geniuses who run the ARU are the ones accountable for allowing the cotton wool approach to elite level rugby in this country. Until those 4 positions are changed, then we will continue to see performances like we saw tonight.

You say Quade contributed to the result and then comment about what concerns you..... Excuse my ignorance but isn't that one of the points that Quade raised!!!!!

If you look at the Super Rugby 2012 the Waratahs suffered a great many injuries. Is there a relation between the Wallabies and Waratahs care here? Just wondering who the staff is that caredcare for both? Not finger pointing, just wondering if there is an overlap

Seventy-Eight

Bob McCowan (2)
The Wallabies are either one of the unluckiest teams in this history of world sport, or there is something going wrong with the strength and conditioning. Is it that:

a) they aren't doing enough work
b) they are doing too much work
c) there is a problem with the facilities provided
d) the coaches aren't teaching correct technique

Whatever it is, the Wallabies will have to fix it, or they'll never get a full-strength team on the field.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not only the former #10 but plenty of others that have been talked up on the back of form for their Provincial team haven't performed for the Men in Gold this year.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
International Footy is a big step up from S15.

S15 form does not always translate to Teat Level.

And we need these young lads blooded and ready to step into spots... this creates the depth we so badly require. Injuries happen.......sometimes many at once.
We need to support our lads.
Our adminstrative team is another point. That is were my concern lies.

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
From what I saw, Phipps either needs the axing or has to learn same way attack! The work-rate of Samo and Dennis are well below par for back rowers, I didn't even know Dennis was on the field until he got into that scuffle. Samo is too lateral and needs to run straight not across field and on top of that his ball security is poor.. not only his trademark one handed but also in contact he got pinged at least twice for holding on.. but I suppose that also comes down to lack of support at the breakdown. It's unfortunate with the amount of injuries we have but there's def areas that need a lot of work.

R

randalf8

I think it's safe to say I've never been more embarrassed to be an Australian rugby supporter after the week that has just gone. I'd never thought I'd say it but this code has just about lost me.

August 1997?

Two years later we held the RWC and the BC.

But we need changes and the most obvious one is the coach.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I accept that this does not expressly allow S. Finger to have come on - but there is no doubt that it allows Alexander to have come back on, which by necessity means that an injured front rower is an exception to any seven replacement rule (or 2+5 rule).

Just for the record - no excuses here. The boys were brave but got owned. Just genuinely puzzled by a ruling that I have never seen at any level before and can't find in the book.

From what I remember of my schoolboy days in cases where you couldn't field a full team the opposition sometimes provided a reluctant spare player In the name of sportsmanship. Was this not an option?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Apart from Harriss' try, did we get across the advantage line with the ball in hand?
That sums up the game to me.We got smashed in contact, Our guys had a real go I thought but didn't match their physicality.
Unless you thought there were about 6 piggies that should have been selected, how is this the coaches fault?
What tactics are successful when you are physically dominated?

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I'm starting to worry about our IRB ranking and whether we can keep in the top 4 seeds for the World Cup

You should be right for that. There's only about two months to hang onto that for. Down to third after last night's game though.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Apart from Harriss' try, did we get across the advantage line with the ball in hand?

We did when Sheehan came on.I Said it early and thought he bought a lot of his maturity of the game to the field. He should start next week to get us going forward, if not where going to get pumped by the pumas

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just watched the game on replay - some observations even allowing for the horrific injury toll:

1. Shit kicking game in first 30 mins but better in the second half. I thought the little grubbers and chip kicks were being hooked? Seems the first choice from Barnes & Beale when pressured is to kick - take the effing tackle with plenty of leg drive and expect your teammates to do their job behind you.
2. We need to kick deeper, find territory and play the percentages - the Boks were rarely under pressure coming off their own line and we barely had the ball in hand inside the Boks half let alone inside their quarter
2. Thought the scrum was pretty good - surprised the Beast was not penalised on a couple of occasions as Alexander looked like he more than had his measure.
3. Playing Fat Cat for the first 25 mins then subbing him with the view to bringing him back later in the game is a lame tactic. If he can't play a solid first 40mins he should be on the bench.
4. Hate the wide ball off the ruck to a near stationary forward to punch it up - we rarely breach the advantage line and more often than not get smashed and isolated by a set defence resulting in turnover time. Gotta have momentum to get more momentum - we looked good at the death when we got a roll from some quick picking and driving and some short interchange passing in tight off a couple of half breaks that followed the momentum the quick drives forward provided.
5. We lack consistent performers especially in the pack - Douglas was outstanding last week but not a shadow of it this week. Hooper alone plays to the same level every week. TPN is probably next best in terms of consistency but his kamikaze style is doing more to hurt himself than his opponents. - he's got plenty of passion but needs to use it more effectively.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Surely Samo has played his last game in a gold jersey. His work rate around the field is appalling and when on the rare occasions he does hit breakdowns, he doesn't do it with any vigour.

He's a one trick pony and he barely even does his one trick any more.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
If South Africa could play like that every week they would be very close to the All Blacks. The Wallabies were shithouse, but aren't we always? I was impressed by the Boks.

We are a shambles, Hooper and maybe Beale are the only players who can hold their head up after that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.