• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 Australia vs South Africa - 8 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 between SAF and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • The Bokke – South Africa

Votes: 29 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I recall somewhere a google or two back that the ARC fellow was "calling" some of the TRC games from a variety of pubs in Australia, Singapore and elsewhere.

I'll see if I can find a reference for those interested and post it if someone doesnt beat me to it.

I went to the pub in Welly that he was calling the game from during the World Cup and I must say by half time I had had enough.

It was funny for a little while but the jokes wore thin.

His little video clips are hilarious though. Good in small doses.

T

TOCC

Just watched this game again...

2 things the Wallabies are missing which would make a significant difference... A fullback who can take the highball on the front foot and a fullback with a booming but accurate kick...

What we need is Chris Latham back!

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Or, Mark Gerard?

Unwanted yet again, and yet again we're paying for exactly the same things we were when Dingo first took over.

W

What2040

Just watched this game again.

2 things the Wallabies are missing which would make a significant difference. A fullback who can take the highball on the front foot and a fullback with a booming but accurate kick.

What we need is Chris Latham back!

TOCC - Latho might be too old now

T

TOCC

He might be too old, but in the context his booming kick would have ensured that the Wallabies weren't pegged In there own 22 for a large chunk of the match, in addition his ability under the high ball was almost self-destruction-esque in the way he attacked the ball... Haven't got that in any of the current squad..

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
We certainly wouldn't want to chuck him straight into his preferred position anyway. Not until we give him a run on the wing, maybe inside, probably a crack at outside, bench cover for a while then into fullback. It's the Wallaby way.

T

TOCC

Id like to see him put in a good 2013 super rugby season working on some of his weaknesses before he be considered

Status
Not open for further replies.