• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 1 New Zealand vs South Africa - 15 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 1 between SAF and NZL?

• The Darkness – New Zealand

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • The Bokke – South Africa

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
A mate of mine suggested that Fourie du Preez will be bac for EOYT and as a result Heyneke Meyer will play M Steyn at 1o on tour and use the fact that he will be better as a result of Fourie as an excuse.

I popped something in my brain. Any suggestions?

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
It means your predetermined prejedous make you look like a laughing stock to the comment you made.
"Prejedous" [sic] is predetermined by definition, and I doubt my comment has eyes. However, rather than spiral into a pointless debate over your reading/writing age:

Clearly you think that I meant McCaw being tee'd up for the mutants flying elbow implied some sort of plan. I didn't, and if you weren't prejudiced against being told the Boks are characteristically a team of thugs you'd have never come up with your suppository position.

Bill McLean (32)
You've stopped supporting Ireland then. Don't blame you.

Now I get it! I'm Irish as you can see and your high powered perception is leaps and bounds ahead of me!

Nevertheless even though i live in Australia I still support Ireland, but I do love the country in which I live just like the 15% of New Zealanders who choose to support the Australian economy rather than their own. And given where there from, 'I don't blame them either'!

Have a nice day!!!!

:D :D :D

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok fellas, I saw game in RSL with no sound on and quite enjoyed it, not knocking commentators, but real good to make up owm mind at what I saw, without any colouring from anyone. Haven't read any comments so will probably get jumped on. I thought Boks went well in forwards particularly ar breakdown, but not a real lot of attack in backline apart from habana who gives me heart attack evrytime he gets ball, he is good. On the sinbin what the hell was Greyling (was him I think) thinking, I have seen some pretty cheap shots but that was right up there, actually thought McCaw had been hit with a head or shoulder that sat him down there before that, but I will have to watch replay to see if I right. On McCaw , I want to know how big the motor is that drives him, it was very obvious just watching that he was everywhere and by christ he does a lot of carries. My MOM. Anyway time to watch game and see what else I see.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
There's one thing you can say about McCaw, he is TOUGH! Proper old school tough, from the times when men were men and women ate their young. After that elbow most people would be seeing tweeties, he gets up and continues his MOM performance seemingly unaffected.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Poor Bokke fans, I genuinly feel for you. I got very frustrated myself watching this game, because naturally I support whoever is playing the AB's and just quite simply SA fucked up. They had that game, putting the missed penalities aside (although if Steyn is there for his kicking it begs the question), some of the execution was horrible. Firstly, Kirchners pass to Habana in the opening stages when they had an overlap was pathetic. The kicking game, I have no problem with it, but when it is executed as poorly as Pienaar and Steyn did you wonder why they were kept on for so long. Dean Greyling, what a mess he was, I don't think he did one positive thing when he came on the field.

There's pretty simple solutions to these problems, Goosen and Lambie. These changes need to be made. Even with the same kicking gameplan they need to be in there, its not like they are slouches at general play (and goal) kicking,

Credit to the forwards though, they were dominant, so much for the Blacks having the best forward pack in the competition, I thought they got slaughtered in most forward departments.

I felt frustrated as a general observer, I cannot imagine what it was like for you Bok supporters.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
There's one thing you can say about McCaw, he is TOUGH! Proper old school tough, from the times when men were men and women ate their young. After that elbow most people would be seeing tweeties, he gets up and continues his MOM performance seemingly unaffected.

That's the rub. McCaw knows exactly what he's doing, and in the old days of rugby would be on the receiving end of a lot worse. Huge respect for the guy, he just gets up and does it again.

Like it or not, (and I know it's not for you fellas) SA rugby is brutal. 2 red cards, and 2 yellows in the Natal vs Western Province game yesterday. Take no prisoners rugby. Staying within the line at S15 / international level seems to be beyond some of the players.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Poor Bokke fans, I genuinly feel for you. I got very frustrated myself watching this game, because naturally I support whoever is playing the AB's and just quite simply SA fucked up. They had that game, putting the missed penalities aside (although if Steyn is there for his kicking it begs the question), some of the execution was horrible. Firstly, Kirchners pass to Habana in the opening stages when they had an overlap was pathetic. The kicking game, I have no problem with it, but when it is executed as poorly as Pienaar and Steyn did you wonder why they were kept on for so long.

Nail on the head. It looked to me that when the Boks had opportunities on a plate they had no idea how to take them because it's alien to them. Several overlaps butchered by crabbing sideways, poor passes, poor option taking (long skip passes instead of fixing your men), etc. I had to go and stand outside and calm down several times during the game. Luckily it was a great day in London and I went and watched my local club team play some entertaining rugby later.

There's pretty simple solutions to these problems, Goosen and Lambie. These changes need to be made.

Unfortunately, (people forget) life isn't that simple for a Springbok coach. Quotas still exist, whatever the official line is, and I doubt Meyer has the luxury of replacing Kirchner with Lambie. He'd probably have to make another replacement elsewhere at the same time.

I felt frustrated as a general observer, I cannot imagine what it was like for you Bok supporters.

Very frustrating. Can you imagine how the Bok forwards felt?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Anyway after seeing test again and looking at points I mentioned stick by what I said more or less, except I wasn't sure about the first player that hit McCaw, it may not have been completely legit, but have no probs, player was moving McCaw away from ruck in a style that happens often, but stick with what I said about Greyling, that was not take no prisoners rugby, that was a cowardly cheap shot.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Anyway after seeing test again and looking at points I mentioned stick by what I said more or less, except I wasn't sure about the first player that hit McCaw, it may not have been completely legit, but have no probs, player was moving McCaw away from ruck in a style that happens often, but stick with what I said about Greyling, that was not take no prisoners rugby, that was a cowardly cheap shot.

It was both.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Now I get it! I'm Irish as you can see and your high powered perception is leaps and bounds ahead of me!

Nevertheless even though i live in Australia I still support Ireland, but I do love the country in which I live just like the 15% of New Zealanders who choose to support the Australian economy rather than their own. And given where there from, 'I don't blame them either'!

Have a nice day!!!!

:D :D :D
Yes, it's incredibly hard to look to the right and see which team you support, my perception is very high powered. Glad to see another Irishman remaining bitter about everyone/thing else, well done :)

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Greyling has only been given 2 weeks. What's the point?

Rugby truly seems to be a thug's game.
Not really - who's unbeaten since the last 3N game ever and current RWC Champs? So you can play the ball and the rules, not the man, and win. :)

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
Greyling paid dearly for a moment of madness. Didn't seem to bother McCaw too much or slow him down.
It was a typical torrid battle against our traditional rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.