• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 5 Game 2 Argentina vs New Zealand - 29 September

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 5 Game 2 between ARG and NZL?

• Los Pumas - Argentina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Darkness - The New Zealand Rugby Team

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
"That's downward pressure" from the commentators.

That is rubbish. Read the rules. Downward pressure is a requirement for a try from another game.

The only requirement in Rugby is for the tryscorer to apply pressure to the ball.

EDIT: Not entirely true - See posts #63 and #66 on Page 4 for further info.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
And again no ruck formed tacler steals the ball pen to the all blacks not sure why he is doing it. 10-5 all all blacks

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Peyper gave the secondary signal for player off feet playing the ball. I don't think he was implying that a ruck had been formed. When you look on the replay the Argie probably went down on one knee for a split second and then stood up again, without quite releasing. Whilst it seemed harsh, Peyper was probably technically correct. Personally I doubt it was clear and obvious enough for a penalty.

I understand that there is not feed to listen to, but the comms should have a basic idea of the secondary signals

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Wow. This is what I have been waiting for ever since the third test against Ireland. If the Pumas don't sort their defence out it could get very embarrassing for them.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Wow. This is what I have been waiting for ever since the third test against Ireland. If the Pumas don't sort their defence out it could get very embarrassing for them.

Which may not bode well for the Wallabies next week.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If that form can be repeated, we are in for a belter of a game next week when the Darkness take on the Saffers.

The Argies will be out to prove a point next week against the Men in Gold,

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Have to say how impressed I was with crowd, I think a lot of us could learn from them, right behind their team, and applause to both teams at end of game was classy.

Synicbast

Frank Row (1)
Argentina are an asset to the global game...but are an absolute godsend to the SH season...I wouldn't begrudge them brealing their duck against the ABs at all...and despite the scoreline today, I still think it's a matter of when not if.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
And very quiet around penelties. Good stuff

They must behave differently at home than away, I saw 2 games at the WC last year & the game at the Coast two weeks ago they had a penchant for the French tradition of whistling when the opposition lines up for a kick. I agree they are very passionate & loyal supporters & create great atmosphere though.

What was the final score please?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
ABs 54-17 Penguin, also I heard a bit of whisltling when kicks taken, not overly much, I was most impressed with their noise and passion and thought their applause at end of game was pretty good.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Cheers Dan.

There is no doubting the passion & good nature of the Argentinian Rugby supporter. They're a fantastic addition to this tournament, a great point of difference & will sooner or later be true contenders. Long overdue but better late than never!

Status
Not open for further replies.