• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 Argentina vs Australia - 6 Oct

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Team Rehab

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Draw - Rugby is the Winner

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But why do they deserve the spot of a player who was the form player in Super Rugby in that position, has played well, and is part of the leadership group?

It should be hard for them to take his spot...

There's been way too many injuries to just go and start shifting around players like that...

Richo

John Thornett (49)
You're right. It should be hard.

I'd like to see Tapaui play the mid-week games and the easiest test.

J

Jiggles

McCabe gets it until someone does it better or he is injured. because He is a Robbie favourite just like Mumm, Brown, McCalmam Ma'afu before him.

Fixed that for you.

In all seriousness though, Deans just does not want to admit his uncreative centre theory isn't working. Yet again he decides how he is trying to play the game, then looks at his players, rather than the other way around. McCabe has a role to play in the wallabies, but until his improves his vision, passing, kicking, and running style it ain't at 12.

P

Paradox

Why are people crapping on McCabe? Taps and Ioane particularly had a fucking nightmare - Taps blew a 3 on 1. Ioane dropped the ball with nearly every carry. Both should be persevered with though.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To be fair, I don't think most people are crapping on him.

Just a couple with a red agenda...

I don't think any of the backs had a particularly good game aside from Beale...

Looking forward to the Lilo v Beale tussle in 2013...

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Looking forward to the Lilo v Beale tussle in 2013.

That's really exciting. If Lilo can really kick on, and if Beale gets that top end pace back, I still think you're better off with him at 15. He's a very good 10 but a really wonderful fullback.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I struggle a bit with where to play KB (Kurtley Beale). He can certainly play 10, no doubt. However, his play at fullback has been extraordinary at times over the last couple of seasons. Not this year, due to the factors discussed ad nauseam, but at his best it's really only Izzy Dagg who's in the same class or better.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Personally I think Beale is the most talented back we've had in Australian rugby for a while. He has the ability to be like Mark Ella.

He can be the best 15 in the world, but I also think with some consistent play time at 10, he could be the best option we have there.

If Beale does fulfill his potential, I think we maximise the maximum so to speak by having him at 10.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Perhaps we play Beale at 10 in attack and 15 in defense for the counter attack. Not cos were hiding him but cos he is the best option we have at both.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
His pass is consistently off the mark, usually behind the player.

Most glaringly poor is he has no rhythm. It's very hard for the players to tell when he's going to let the ball go, so you get a lot of stilted play, and what looks like poor timing.

Once the ball is gone its a fast pass, before that its all a horrible mess.

Oh and his work at the back of the scrum with Samo is poor.

Do you mean Phipps? Just watched a replay and thought he looked very static at the base of the rucks. Didn't seem to get a sense of momentum at all from watching him.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Personally I think Beale is the most talented back we've had in Australian rugby for a while. He has the ability to be like Mark Ella.

He can be the best 15 in the world, but I also think with some consistent play time at 10, he could be the best option we have there.

If Beale does fulfill his potential, I think we maximise the maximum so to speak by having him at 10.

In the current situation I'm more than happy to see him at 10. If he continues to play well there then there's no reason to change it. We do then have to find a good fullback. We could go with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or Berrick there I suppose, though neither would be playing in their best positions.

Bullrush will be feeling vindicated, he's been pushing for KB (Kurtley Beale) at 10 for over a year now :)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Phipps often appears to be indecisive when he gets the ball, and his service isn't too crisp... usually a step or two with a very laboured pass...

But, he's only there because Genia and White are injured so we can only expect so much...

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I guess the question is if Beale is to stay at 10, who is our next best 15?

I guess we look at the imcumbent super 15 fullbacks.

Rebels - Kurtley Beale
Reds - Jono Lance / Luke Morahan?
Force - Whoever was fit. Dave Harvey at the end.
Brumbies - Jesse Mogg
Waratahs - Adam Ashley Cooper?

The only one who excites me out of that lot is Mogg. If fate was kinder we would have a fit Cameron Shepherd to include in that list.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I guess the question is if Beale is to stay at 10, who is our next best 15?

I guess we look at the imcumbent super 15 fullbacks.

Rebels - Kurtley Beale
Reds - Jono Lance / Luke Morahan?
Force - Whoever was fit. Dave Harvey at the end.
Brumbies - Jesse Mogg
Waratahs - Adam Ashley Cooper?

The only one who excites me out of that lot is Mogg. If fate was kinder we would have a fit Cameron Shepherd to include in that list.
What load of crap about the force "whoever was fit". Mafi played all bar 2 games at fullback for the force and was great always dangerous with ball in hand i think he was top ten for meters run. He Was one of the form aus players but as barbar said in another thread because he played for the force no one took notice. If he had played at the reds or tahs he would be up there pushing for a test spot.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
What load of crap about the force "whoever was fit". Mafi played all bar 2 games at fullback for the force and was great always dangerous with ball in hand i think he was top ten for meters run. He Was one of the form aus players but as barbar said in another thread because he played for the force no one took notice. If he had played at the reds or tahs he would be up there pushing for a test spot.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Settle petal, I forgot about Mafi. He was good.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I have only brought up McCabe because people are suggesting we need Harris for goal kicking. I think Harris is a liability at 15 and not fast enough for wing but that he isn't far behind McCabe at 12. If we absolutely need his kicking then why can't we discuss the possibility of dropping or moving the 'solid' McCabe without being accused of having a 'red agenda'?

Status
Not open for further replies.