• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Ashes Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Rogers can Watson can't.

I have said it before but Watson is not a not 5 or 6 bat, let alone opener. He is a manufactured batsman that doesn't know where the ball is half the time!

He is more valuable to us as a bowler.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

wtf is wrong with test cricket.

Khawaja's dismissal was appalling.

Not even sure how to react because I am not surprised. There has been something seriously wrong with the third umpire this entire series.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
What the duck is going on. How can the 3rd umpire keep his job for the rest of this game. That is appalling.

That is bad enough to suggest more than incompetency.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
How does a young guy trying to make his way cope with that.

It is like we are playing in Pakistan in the 70s.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
There is no point in the Australians asking for a review of caught behind decisions against them. They are not being overturned.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Scratching my head, seriously that is confusing.

I hate complaining because we will be labeled as whingers but Aussies are getting some really interesting calls.

We should just appeal every delivery and see what happens, these umps are incompetent.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
FFS, why do we have the DRS if this is going to be the outcome? Surely if the replay shows that in all likelihood the batsman didn't hit the ball then he is *not out*!

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just noticed that the 3rd umpire is from the same country as the match referee...Sri Lanka, very wrong!

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hmm. No longer talking about DRS, Warnie has summarised my feelings pretty well. KRudd also chipping in with a tweet!

Regardless, well done to Rogers on the 84. Lost concentration at a vital time when a century looked likely, disappointing because Swann didn't deserve it.

Meanwhile Pup brings up yet another half ton.

3/163 and I'm heading to bed. Let's hope these two are still at the crease when I wake up.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
3/163 and I'm heading to bed. Let's hope these two are still at the crease when I wake up.

What a call - 303/3.

Watson is the most overrated player in the country. Drop him immediately and let Hughes open. Other than that the rest of the team looks as good as we can field and should be persisted with.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
What a call - 303/3.

Watson is the most overrated player in the country. Drop him immediately and let Hughes open. Other than that the rest of the team looks as good as we can field and should be persisted with.

My view is that Watson is worthwhile as a bowling all rounder. If he isn't bowling then he is dropped. I would still have him ahead of Smith at the moment, but neither should bat higher than 6. In fact Haddin is a better bat and should be at 6 with smith/Watson at 7.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Our batting order looks totally different when Clarke fires. When he hits the go button, he seems to inspire the other boys to stick around. It is unfortunate, but our chances of winning matches depend on whether Clarke scores runs or not. Although Steve Smith is looking increasingly comfortable at 5 or 6. He was one of the only batsmen to show up in India, and he is starting to chug along quite nicely here. I really hope he comes out and scores that ton tonight.

The best part of the day for me was when the poms took the new ball. Smith smacked Anderson for 4 on the first ball, and Clarke gave Broad the same treatment the very next over. They really dominated the bowlers, and it was most telling with Broad's demeanor. Even Botham and Hussein were commenting on how much Broad was whinging and carrying on!

Bit rough on Hughes to be dropped, I would suggest that he come in for Watson in the next match. Hopefully we can kick on and post a huge 1st innings total.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Rogers set the tone last night. When Anderson is attacked he gets put off and makes him much less dangerous. It was back to the old tactics against him when Hayden and Langer were around. Good stuff.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Rogers set the tone last night. When Anderson is attacked he gets put off and makes him much less dangerous. It was back to the old tactics against him when Hayden and Langer were around. Good stuff.

Agreed. Anderson looks distinctly average when a batsman goes after him.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Can't even describe how happy I am right now. About bloody time.

The English bowlers looked average yesterday and Clarke gave them a masterclass. Smith was lucky but now England is learning how much of a b*tch DRS can be. That's cricket.

Fingers crossed we get 500+ and Pup makes another double ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.