• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 British & Irish Lions Test - Brisbane Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
The Reds will send Members details of pre purchase options to the Wallaby v Lions game. They're not on sale yet.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Did'nt you know that the platinum ticket at $295 includes topless models bringing your beers to you

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
A friend just tried to book accommodation in Brisbane: apparently no hotel rooms in the city left. She was put onto a boutique joint or a serviced apartment outside the city area.
Its going to be a red army much as it was in 2001!

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Accommodation in Brisbane is pretty hard at anytime of the year. Lions time will be near impossible.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
As a comparison, here are the ticket prices for the Lions vs Barbarians in Hong Kong on 1 June 2013 (A$ approx only):

Executive Level HK$2,700/A$360
Gold HK$1,290/A$170
Silver HK$1,000/A$135
Bronze HK$750/A$100

The stadium is like the SFS with a capacity of 40K. Sightlines are pretty good. So if you exclude the Executive tickets, the rest are ballpark for a major sporting event.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Somewhat related to this is an idea I had to reward loyal fans. Obviously wouldn't work for this Lions tour but would be great to see something similar for the next Lions tour. Basically have a discount for those with season tickets (memberships in Aus?) for X number of consecutive years preceding the Lions tour season. If your Lions ticket is included in your season ticket then the discount should apply to your season ticket price.

Discounts could be on a sliding scale rewarding long time loyal fans while giving smaller discounts to bandwagoners who only joined to guarantee a Lions ticket. It's about time that clubs/franchises/unions rewarded die hard fans who are with them through thick and thin and the money such fans put in the coffers over the years should be worth a major discount on a Lions. Probably wouldn't happen as a lot of teams see the Lions as a way to cash-in but maybe someday teams will realise how important these kinds of fans are to them.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Bardon great ideas! Splendour in the Grass (an extremely popular music festival for those not in the know) often sells out in minutes every year. To prevent scalping the tix are issued with the ticket holders name on them and to reward their loyal attendees they have a scheme whereby if you can produce evidence that you have tickets to 5 of their previous festivals you get access to a priority purchase period. If they can do it for a music festival, they can do it for a footy game.

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
Just bought my tickets to Lions test at Lang Park! Went for silver as the platinum and gold tickets were trying to put me up in the boondocks. Nearly directly behind the posts about 17 rows from the grass.

Are Green & Gold Rugby going to have some anti-Lions merchandise available when they tour?

Happy Camper!!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Does anyone know how I could buy more than 4 tickets together for the Wallabies v Lions game at Suncorp?
Ticketek have a limit of four tickets.
Are there any Sports travel companies that you could buy them through to do this?

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Does anyone know how I could buy more than 4 tickets together for the Wallabies v Lions game at Suncorp?
Ticketek have a limit of four tickets.
Are there any Sports travel companies that you could buy them through to do this?

Ticketek don't have the limit, the ARU have set that.

The only real way is to get two credit cards and an understanding operator, preferably one with two teminals (Convention Centre, Elizabeth St, Carindale Westfield, Gold Coast Convention centre, Gold Coast Arts Centre spring to mind).

Probably want to pick a quiet time when there isn't big queues.

Or two credit cards, two browsers and a bit of luck.

The key is the two credit cards, that's what they report on.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
^ What if you pay cash?

I was thinking you get a mate along to get the second set of tickets if the operator can identify a block of 8 seats.

In the pre-sale, you would also need a second My Rugby ID number.

Status
Not open for further replies.