• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 IRB Junior World Championship - France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Some talent in that Welsh team though Dai. I was particularly impressed with Davies, Jordan Williams, Jack Jones and your seven (Jenkins?). What a step Williams has!
I don't think any one here gave them much of a chance against your lot, so it was quite a surprise when at half time we were 15/3 up, with you a man short for 10 min in the second half I thought could there be an upset but , they were totally spent started falling off tackles then the lads who were watching it with me new it was a matter of time before the tables turned which it did.
Personally I think we punched above our weight so next year maybe we can go one better, The fact that there were two NH teams in the final was very satisfying. Well done the English thoroughly deserved it.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The fact that there were two NH teams in the final was very satisfying. Well done the English thoroughly deserved it.

It is a lot better to do well in a tournament like this than it is to do poorly. However, these teams represent a relatively thin slice of a nation's rugby talent. Secondly, a lot depends on the preparation, lead-up games, and so on.

I gather that the Australian team, for one, had very little match day experience as a group. Maybe we should not bother going to tournaments like this unless we want to treat the whole experience with a lot more respect, as our opponents obviously do.

Honest John

Stan Wickham (3)
Agreed - respect is the key. Either treat this as a world class competition and put true resources behind it or........ live with mediocrity which does no one, including the players any good at all.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hopefully, given that the Baby Blacks has had much greater fall from grace than the Aussies in this tournament just gone, they will seek couple of warm up matches across the ditch prior to the next one to our benefit!

Honest John

Stan Wickham (3)
Based on this years results the pools for next year should be:

A) England, Argentina, Australia and Italy
B) Wales, France, Ireland and Fiji
c) SA, NZ, Samoa and Scotland

As we don't play NZ in the pool rounds the idea of setting up a few pre tournament games seen solid. Looking at the pool, with better prep the team should be vying for top group with the England clash being the highlight. The Argentinians were not that crash hot when the Aussies played but the backline defense was woeful.

Well done to the boys this year especially the pack, who stood up under great pressure and gave as good as they got. It still needs work but I hope that the ARU plan ahead, appoint coaches early, set warm up games of a calibre that matters and ensures that all players of note are scouted correctly and given a fair crack.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Watching the SA vs NZ game was like watching a 7's game this year when the sides went up against each other. Mind you our scrum is a weak a 7's scrum as well. Luckily at this level you can get away with a poor scrum.

Argies need some professional help. They had a very good team but they were inconsistent. Coaching staff needs to be addressed from them

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The link you posted told me I didn't have access to drafts on wordpress.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Ah - I looked at it from within Wordpress and didn't know that there was any difference.

Thanks - I will try to remember that when I post links in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.