• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 – ITM CUP - NZ's 3rd Tier Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Go the Steelers (were my dads teams when he alive) and of course go the Lions and the Turbos!!!

And of course Go the mighty Nua in the Heartland championship!!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not sure I like my new avatar but I think that says more about the 1920's design than the 1960's me! Surely some future Waiopehu old boy/ girl could come up with something a tad more modern? Hell, even someone from the College on the wrong side of SH1 could probably come up with something half decent..........

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What Australians (or Australian based kiwis playing Super Rugby) will be playing ITM cup or Heartland Cup?

With the NRC running this year, one would think that there would be less temptation to cross the Tasman in search of high calibre Rugby in the Spring.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
What Australians (or Australian based kiwis playing Super Rugby) will be playing ITM cup or Heartland Cup?

With the NRC running this year, one would think that there would be less temptation to cross the Tasman in search of high calibre Rugby in the Spring.

None of the Australians will be, they are contracted in for the NRC. As far as Australian based kiwis go, I'm pretty sure Woodward was given a release, given he is going back.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think all the Super Rugby players will all be either in Wobs, or NRC. The Pulveriser has pretty much guaranteed that.

I'm not sure how many spaces will be available in the NRC for aspirational Prem Rugby lads.

Some of those latter who may miss out on NRC may be tempted to try out to get an ITM Cup entry on their CV, like Peter Betham did with the Makos.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is this the same Ezrah Amituanai as the former prop from Newington and a couple of seasons of Sydney Uni Colts?

Teams for Wednesday's 6pm trial:
Hawke's Bay XV: Matt Berquist (vice-captain), Trinity Spooner-Neera, Ted Walters, Billy Ropiha, Liam Edwards, Tyrone Elkington-MacDonald, Ellery Wilson, Joseph Penitito, Tom Stanley, Aaron McPhee, Tom Parsons (captain), Angelo Mufana, Ezrah Amituanai, Jorian Tangaere, Mark Braidwood.
Substitutes, forwards: Jarvy Aoake, Jody Allen, Ben Parsons, Trent Boswell-Wakefield. Backs: Isaac Paewai, Jackson Neilson, Tom Iosefo, Penikolo Latu.
Saracens XV: Ryan Tongia, Timo Vaiusu, Jason Shoemark (captain), Tane McGuire, Noa Uaisele, Manihera Eden, Adam Ross, Mark Atkins, Tom Burns, Kaleb Sweet, Geoff Cridge, Scott Wielinga, Jason Marshall, Mike Feagai, Jason Long (vice-captain).
Substitutes, forwards: Hamish Willis, Kelly Petrowski, Adrian Barone, Michael Allardice. Backs: Chris Eaton, Ethan Bradey, Mikey Vuicakau, Dan McIntyre.
- HAWKES BAY TODAY

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-bay-today/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503462&objectid=11292228

I see Chris Eaton formerly of the Force is also in the trial for the Hawkes Bay Team.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Isaac Paewai, gotta be related to the great at provincial level Murdoch Paewai. I seem to remember Chris Eaton heading home for family reasons? A coupla other familiar names in Berquist & Shoemark, both former Super Rugby players. The Bay have gone well for a few seasons now, could be another good one coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.