• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 – ITM CUP - NZ's 3rd Tier Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Also that was an outrageous finish to that game, Tasman v Taranaki. Tasman had the ball, final whistle blown, but instead they went for the bonus point. Of course ball was turned over, Taranaki scores and wins the game.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This just in & going out to @DismalPillock:

"Coach Scott Robertson has made four changes and five positional tweaks to his Canterbury side that will take on Wellington, with Tom Taylor starting."

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,9989_9463143,00.html

Complete with photo!

image.jpg

Look on the bright side, after losing to your blokes last week & mine tomorrow the wooden spoon & relegation are pretty much locked in. Everyone wins! Except Wellington, obviously.

EDIT: just noticed the jersey the guy Taylor's steaming past is wearing..........

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Also that was an outrageous finish to that game, Tasman v Taranaki. Tasman had the ball, final whistle blown, but instead they went for the bonus point. Of course ball was turned over, Taranaki scores and wins the game.
Un bloody be bloody liev bloody able

I think there'd be very little paint left on the Tasman dressing room walls. As a Makos fan I was aghast when they failed to show the Naki sufficient respect and eventually paid the price. FFS what was wrong with kicking it out? I'm sure they had at least 3 chances to end the game with a win. Who'd be a coach?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Un bloody be bloody liev bloody able

I think there'd be very little paint left on the Tasman dressing room walls. As a Makos fan I was aghast when they failed to show the Naki sufficient respect and eventually paid the price. FFS what was wrong with kicking it out? I'm sure they had at least 3 chances to end the game with a win. Who'd be a coach?

Just incredibly dumb footy. Right now they could be sitting on 20 comp points, 1 ahead of naki & with a game in hand. I know they'll be targeting a home semi but surely if you haven't got the BP sewn up after 79 min you just take the 4 points & move on.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Another minor upset, North Harbour 24-13 v Manawatu who tried running it from their in-goal after the siren for the miracle bonus point 7-pointer but couldn't manage it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
@Dismal's fav 5/8 with the opening try, nice lead up work from Todd. Can't add the extras, 5-0 after 16. Oh dear, kickoff out on the full, scrum on halfway, who wants a try? No one, apparently. Not yet, anyway.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Another minor upset, North Harbour 24-13 v Manawatu who tried running it from their in-goal after the siren for the miracle bonus point 7-pointer but couldn't manage it.
The Turbos had a try disallowed (correctly) at a key moment in the game but still had other moments when they could have taken the lead and but they only have themselves to blame. Having said that, it was an improved effort from North Harbour.

But damn, there was some lovely work leading up to that disallowed try.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Surely we can find an Australia grandparent for this guy. And, while we are on a genealogy treasure hunt, I am sure that Shane Christie from the Makos has grandparents in the Parramatta region. Surely.

Sorry, dude, but Todd's a bona fide (if under-capped IMO) AB & Christie a Maori AB therefore at least on the radar for 2019 if not sooner. Got an allblacks.com profile & everything.

Cantabs 15-0 at half time.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Surely we can find an Australia grandparent for this guy. And, while we are on a genealogy treasure hunt, I am sure that Shane Christie from the Makos has grandparents in the Parramatta region. Surely.

Yeah because we're desperate for 7s?

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sorry, dude, but Todd's a bona fide (if under-capped IMO) AB & Christie a Maori AB therefore at least on the radar for 2019 if not sooner. Got an allblacks.com profile & everything.
Ah bugger. Oh well maybe @bellytwoblues can find a sympathetic sponsor.

Matt Todd would be an interesting bloke to have a beer with - he must have major emotional conflict about that other bloke who often plays for the Crusaders, I'm sorry but his name escapes me at the moment.

And Shane Christie has a tremendous workrate and skillset too.

Status
Not open for further replies.