• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 IRB Junior World Championship – New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Kiwis too classy in broken play!
icon_thumbsup.gif

Tevita Li gets a brace!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hope that Saffa kid is OK. Looked nasty.

Comms say he's awake & off to hospital to get checked out. For his sake I hope he's not allowed back on the field for at least a month.

HT & somehow we're in front 17-14 despite 2 x tight heads & god knows how many lost line outs. Some of those Sethfricken kids look like they must've been grown in some kind of tank, mind you some of ours look nearly as big.

Am I right in thinking its Auckland Blues 17 Baby boks 14?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It was an odd one, he didn't look knocked out after the tackle he fell to his knees and looked to still be conscious.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Futzy thinks these teams are playing a level above the England Jr. side. Not sure I agree.

Comms say he's awake & off to hospital to get checked out. For his sake I hope he's not allowed back on the field for at least a month.
Yeah, that was a bellringer. Mind you, the oppo player shouldn't have been moving him after it happened

Am I right in thinking its Auckland Blues 17 Baby boks 14?
Yep

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
True but he was fully out to it when the NZ player rolled him onto his side. Head butting a 'nesian knee will do that to ya.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
YC coming up, I feel.

@kiap you're right of course but I think most people would've rolled the guy on his side, it's more-or-less an instinctive reaction.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
True but he was fully out to it when the NZ player rolled him onto his side. Head butting a 'nesian knee will do that to ya.
NZ player didn't know what he was doing. Did he check for breathing?

The medical guys arrive soon enough to sort it out.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Saffas get more meat as they announce a crowd of neatly 6000. Seems a fairly respectable crowd for a U20 match (involving the home team).

SAF 21 NZL 17. 48 minutes gone.

This is a very good game.

We are likely to face one of them if we progress somehow. Hope they grind each other to a standstill. There is some very good talent on display.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Another tight head, 2 passes & try time baby boks, Pollard gets it in-off Baby boks 21-17 & their forwards back on top after ours gained some parity in the 2nd 20. Need to up the tempo & see if these tank-grown Sethfickens can go 80.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
#15 McKenzie has a great set of hands for fielding the high ball. Good talent for a little fellow.

Any Australian grand parents?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hands off, @HJ.

BAB can't afford to kick the ball out anymore, getting murdered at lineout time. Scrums not a good option either, the 3 where we looked OK were clearly some kind of lapse on baby boks part. Not sure if we can secure enough quality ball for the likes of Li to make a difference. Great, another lost lineout just as the "baby" boks bring on a 130kg prop. Seriously, were these guys born or hatched?

Status
Not open for further replies.