• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 IRB Junior Rugby World Cup - Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Deegan did not go nearly well enough to be an automatic starter in each game.
I'm surprised that the 10,12,13 weren't shuffled around in one of the first two games ,if only to confirm to there were no better combinations available than that in game 1.

No need to shuffle 12 and 13: they proved that they either wont or cant pass - until it is too late

B

Bobby Sands

Does anyone know anything about Mat Rogers son?

Just signed with Cronulla but has been playing Premier Colts with Bond on the Gold Coast. Apparently had interest from the Reds?

Any intel...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The King liked him last year.
Not sure about anyone else, but in my opinion Jack Rogers, the fullback for CSS, was the player of the day. I'd never heard of him until a few days ago when a friend advised me to watch out for the son of Matt Rogers, and boy was he good. He blew Clifton Setu out of the water, and is absolutely my bolter to start at fullback for the Queensland Schoolboys, relegating Setu to a wing spot or the bench
Others didn't.
Not sure what game you watched, i saw him drop the ball at least 3 to 4 times and missed as many tackles and several resulted in tries, glad you only have a say on this forum and not in the selections.
Not selected for Qld Schools, not that missing selection is a kiss of death for aspiring professional players. Plenty of talented athletes go on to have long and illustrious careers without having big schoolboy scrapbooks.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Rogers had the type of performance last year that when he touched the ball, defenders just seemed to inexplicably miss tackles. Much like how Samu Kerevi can sometimes swerve through a line with barely a hand on him, Rogers could make defenders look silly.

There were defensive shortcomings that were exposed in the open field, but Clifton Setu wouldn't have weighed more than 70 kilograms - he wasn't going to make many of those tackles either.

I was a fan. Hopefully Cronulla chews him up and spits him out back in to Rugby with some improved defence

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
The King liked him last year.

Others didn't.

Not selected for Qld Schools, not that missing selection is a kiss of death for aspiring professional players. Plenty of talented athletes go on to have long and illustrious careers without having big schoolboy scrapbooks.

Not to boast, but he scored a hat-trick on a "stunning" debut for Cronulla yesterday.

TheKing (of scouting) 1, Alvin Purple 0

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...503963989?sv=9b5fe2aead3467c70e252e48389ab22e

Status
Not open for further replies.