• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 NSW JRU State Championships June 10th-12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
I was at Orange for the U14s and it was a terrific weekend. Our boys didn't pull off the win they had hoped for but they got to play against and watch some great rugby sides, and individuals.

Some of the highlights for me included the highly competitive Central West v Hunter play off; watching the professional and capable (but no-frills) Victorian team in action; having the opportunity to see the hair of the Victorian no 1; and seeing standout players from each of the districts in action (there are some seriously skilled U14s out there).

Without getting too cheesy, from what I saw the behaviour of the boys on-and-off the field was commendable.

Congratulations to all the players who earned a call up to the Sydney U14 squad. I am seriously looking forward to seeing that group of players in action together!

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
BAR, glad to hear you had a great weekend in Orange. They do a fantastic job out there.

As you have a son in U14 at Rep level, I would strongly encourage you to take him out to watch the Regionals at Boronia Park 1st and 2nd July. The Best of U15 and U16 Club players in the state (incl Country) will be playing. His compatriots in U14s will be vying for those precious final Sydney or Country Jerseys at the same location.

The standard of Rugby is higher than State Champs and may give him a good insight into the next level.

Final Sydney V Country is played I believe on 6 August. No idea where

Reactions: BAR

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
I was at Orange for the U14s and it was a terrific weekend. Our boys didn't pull off the win they had hoped for but they got to play against and watch some great rugby sides, and individuals.

Some of the highlights for me included the highly competitive Central West v Hunter play off; watching the professional and capable (but no-frills) Victorian team in action; having the opportunity to see the hair of the Victorian no 1; and seeing standout players from each of the districts in action (there are some seriously skilled U14s out there).

Without getting too cheesy, from what I saw the behaviour of the boys on-and-off the field was commendable.

Congratulations to all the players who earned a call up to the Sydney U14 squad. I am seriously looking forward to seeing that group of players in action together!

Nice comment BAR i too was in Orange and agree the standard of rugby on display was fantastic. The week end was a great showcase of the boys ability but also some incredible displays of sportsmanship and wonderful cheering from the sidelines.
One thing in particular that grew as the week end progressed was the tunnelling on of the sides from the prevoius teams playing. Then as the parents got involved the tunnels grew and the young footballers were running through long tunnels to play.
The smiles on everyones faces was priceless and is what rugby should be about.
Congratulations to all the City boys on their selection and looking forward to the game with country in Bathurst in a few weeks time.
Just one more thing those pork rolls from the Orange City tent SENSATIONAL.

Ruckedknee

Stan Wickham (3)
Nice comment BAR i too was in Orange and agree the standard of rugby on display was fantastic. The week end was a great showcase of the boys ability but also some incredible displays of sportsmanship and wonderful cheering from the sidelines.
One thing in particular that grew as the week end progressed was the tunnelling on of the sides from the prevoius teams playing. Then as the parents got involved the tunnels grew and the young footballers were running through long tunnels to play.
The smiles on everyones faces was priceless and is what rugby should be about.
Congratulations to all the City boys on their selection and looking forward to the game with country in Bathurst in a few weeks time.
Just one more thing those pork rolls from the Orange City tent SENSATIONAL.
I echo those sentiments from the 16s comp, particularly SIRU who cheered on half the teams out there. As usual the playoff games at the end of the comp were really tight and there was some outstanding rugby played by all teams.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

thepuma

Peter Burge (5)
Would anyone agree there needs to be a club championship of sorts where districts are rewarded for fielding only players from their village clubs? There were some districts nearly fielding club teams and then there were others not selecting boys or deselecting boys to bring in better boys from other districts which didn't field teams. I felt the championships did not reflect the true strength of districts, even with boys eligible playing club well outside their postal address

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
Thanks Armchair Selector. I do intend to be at Boronia with my son on those dates and with any luck, one of those precious jerseys will fall his way!

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Thanks Armchair Selector. I do intend to be at Boronia with my son on those dates and with any luck, one of those precious jerseys will fall his way!

Well then congratulations are in order! Well done to the young man and no doubt you are deservedly proud.

Have a great weekend :)

Reactions: BAR
Status
Not open for further replies.