• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 RD15 Auckland Blues vs QNLD Reds (In Samoa)

2017 RD15 Auckland Blues vs QNLD Reds (In Samoa)

• Blues in a gorgeous crushed-velvet nose-snorting stallion tapestry of a canter

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Blues plod their way to yet another 10 pt un-Bluesy 2017 win

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Blues suffer their usual unfit last 5 min brainlock hypoxia episode and gift it away

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Ofa to go bush and forget to turn up at stadium

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Reds to finally show their “on paper” potential and win by 10

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Reds to finally show their “on paper” potential and win in a canter

• The ref is Jaco Von Herehometownden and post match, he goes in the pot.

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Akira Ioane gets a bit testy with Higgers

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Quade stays in Brisbane (too scared of Auckland Blues) to nurse “injured leg”

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Piers the Pom stuffs up another kick.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well there was an advert not to take a game to Samoa. It was a shit game between to very ordinary team, Reds were history when Kerevi went off and Blues were always struggling when deciding to leave a lot of better players at home for Lion's game, and even Reika Ioane, Parsons etc taken off to save them for that game?? Anyway as I said ordinary game on a field with no in goal area to speak of, hardly any crowd, and 2 teams that truggled with basic skills!!

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Get fucked a Blues penalty at the death.

E39A9350-3DFE-4B7B-A0C8-4DC4BB3DA297_zpsmxmrlsqm.jpg

Double Agent

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well that was frustrating. Pleased with how we came back from being behind, but just unable to close the game out. I really like Tuttle but he threw a few looping passes tonight that meant the receiver got hammered as soon as he caught the ball: he'll learn.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
God but the Blues are exasperating c**ts.

Of course it has to be against the fucken Blues that the Reds finally decide to play like they’ve supposed to have been “on paper” all goddamn season.

Blues bust out the jailbreak start then get roped into the Reds “structured” rugby and cant be arsed having to defend another batshit boring rolling maul and clock off. Hello, 17% territory. Then some sort of brain heat stroke spreads like wildfire thru the whole side, critically impairing all rugby related decision-making processes. Botched clearing kicks with a Reds prick standing right next to them waiting til they stupidly try to kick it the key culprit.

Ioane’s non try at the death a real puzzler, I thought he might’ve kept his hindmost foot behind the ball thus remaining onside? Fuck knows.

Perofeta and Nock might have to get it out of 1st XV schools speed. Neither seemed up to speed. That said, 2017 FORWARD SLASH 2018 DESIGNATED MESSIAH STEPHEN PEROFETA HAS SCORED THE WINNING TRY AND KICKED THE WINNIGN CONVERSION.
iluvyou.gif
iluvyou.gif
Muslim-men-pray-in-the-st-001_zpsnuennlsb.jpg
batman2.gif

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
God but the Blues are exasperating c**ts.

Of course it has to be against the fucken Blues that the Reds finally decide to play like they’ve supposed to have been “on paper” all goddamn season.

Blues bust out the jailbreak start then get roped into the Reds “structured” rugby and cant be arsed having to defend another batshit boring rolling maul and clock off. Hello, 17% territory. Then some sort of brain heat stroke spreads like wildfire thru the whole side, critically impairing all rugby related decision-making processes. Botched clearing kicks with a Reds prick standing right next to them waiting til they stupidly try to kick it the key culprit.

Ioane’s non try at the death a real puzzler, I thought he might’ve kept his hindmost foot behind the ball thus remaining onside? Fuck knows.

Perofeta and Nock might have to get it out of 1st XV schools speed. Neither seemed up to speed. That said, 2017 FORWARD SLASH 2018 DESIGNATED MESSIAH STEPHEN PEROFETA HAS SCORED THE WINNING TRY AND KICKED THE WINNIGN CONVERSION.
iluvyou.gif
iluvyou.gif
Muslim-men-pray-in-the-st-001_zpsnuennlsb.jpg

batman2.gif

And we, as kiddies, were allowed to watch Adam West as Batman. Ima get Pastor Margaret onto this evil.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Happy enough to win the Apia warm-up jolly jaunt with the hodgepodge XXIII, I guess. But now time to prepare for the big match back at Eden Park.

Though I thought that was comfortably Faiane's best match. The silly offload with the try line begging was a face palm moment, but, other than that, he was good.

I also enjoyed the classic Blues moment from the Reds. The one when their maul was going 150% full speed ahead, but the hooker tripped over his own feet and, somehow, fell short of the line.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Pole wise, Let7s Review:
Blues in a gorgeous crushed-velvet nose-snorting stallion tapestry of a canter 9 vote(s) 37.5%
Equal top votegetter and despite a glorious opening 10 minutes where it looked odds on it soon fell flat on its face Blues-style.
Blues plod their way to yet another 10 pt un-Bluesy 2017 win 5 vote(s) 20.8%
Didnt really happen, the 2017 plod had some flash and thunder in amongst the shitbrained decisions, charged kicks and shartmaster2000 turnovers.
* Akira Ioane gets a bit testy with Higgers 9 vote(s) 37.5%
Equal top polling option but sadly never came to pass. Higgers with a top game, pushing the boundaries, the one handed turnover steal, wasnt that a ruck, arent you supposed to use your feet in those things?
* Piers the Pom stuffs up another kick. 2 vote(s) 8.3
Despite being an unpopular pole option, this definitely fuckign happened. That said, Piers sister in the crowd was a bit of a spunk. As was Mum.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Watching this game I didn't think The reds deserved to be in the game after 40m but they were. They earnt it though in the second half. For the game to end after a massive scrum for the reds that should of resulted in a kick for the corner maul and try but instead the blues somehow getting a penalty is such a shame. It was a terrible Call especially in the scheme of things. Unlucky reds but I'm glad to. See the heart there and I'm Glad we don't have to play you again this year.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Not even Shiggins can complain about that referee. He has fucked the Blues left and right
Just did. No he didn't. It was back and forth bad but even until That last terrible penalty

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlights:

Bloos taking Francis, RIoane, Parsons & Luatua off at HT let Reds back into the game IMO but even then they only got outscored 17-14. That said, last scrum penalty defo went the wrong way so coulda (as opposed to shoulda) been a Reds win.

Reds D coach needs to come up with a system that doesn't have Quade defending on the right wing, most teams have fairly large left wings these days............

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Highlights:

Bloos taking Francis, RIoane, Parsons & Luatua off at HT let Reds back into the game IMO but even then they only got outscored 17-14. That said, last scrum penalty defo went the wrong way so coulda (as opposed to shoulda) been a Reds win.

Reds D coach needs to come up with a system that doesn't have Quade defending on the right wing, most teams have fairly large left wings these days....

Left touchie may as well not have been there with the shit he was missing during the game.

We more or less got what we would have if he had picked up on Akira putting his foot on the line though.. and I seriously doubt we were going to score had the scrum call gone the right way at the end when the prop bored in, dropped his bind, and fell into the scrum.

Felt like we didn't get punished as much as usual by the opposition as we normally would have for the inexplicable shit we do sometimes (Tuttle's bomb on halfway at the end when we were up on the scoreboard.. very lucky to regain possession there off of a fucking stupid kick) and the porous defense we had, particularly on the wings. Actually think Quade might have better defensive positioning on the wing than either of our actual starting wingers. Tui having a shocker anytime the ball came near him and Duncan losing his focus in the dying minutes definitely didn't help either.

We should have lost by a lot more given the two definite tries that were stopped by skill errors from the Blues and nothing we did, but I'm gutted that we didn't manage to sneak it there.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez fellas, if the penalty had gone the other way in the last scrum, what the hell gives any of us the idea that the Reds would of won the game from it, it would of meant kicking to touch, a Reds lineout to be properly organised, then to assume they had won the lineout, and if they set up a maul or whatever, they would of had to get to line without tripping up or dropping the f***en ball!!! That is stretching the imagination to see that happening. I would be perhaps noticing the the complete lack of tackling ability in the first 20 minutes if I was looking at why they lost game. F*** me the Blues I thought were very ordinary, and looked to be more interested in Wednesday game against Lions to me and should of been put away by a halfway decent team!!
By geez it hard having Reds as my Aussie team!!:mad:

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Geez fellas, if the penalty had gone the other way in the last scrum, what the hell gives any of us the idea that the Reds would of won the game from it, it would of meant kicking to touch, a Reds lineout to be properly organised, then to assume they had won the lineout, and if they set up a maul or whatever, they would of had to get to line without tripping up or dropping the f***en ball!!! That is stretching the imagination to see that happening. I would be perhaps noticing the the complete lack of tackling ability in the first 20 minutes if I was looking at why they lost game. F*** me the Blues I thought were very ordinary, and looked to be more interested in Wednesday game against Lions to me and should of been put away by a halfway decent team!!
By geez it hard having Reds as my Aussie team!!:mad:

We Reds fans have all had to become Desperados.

Looking for minute 'turn of fortune' possibilities from our losses such that in some make believe world of our fantasies, the Reds 'really were' the winners.

Rust never sleeps, hope never dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.