• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 Super Rugby Final Cantabs vs Lions

who do you want to win?

• Cantabs

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • none of the above

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • prefer not to say

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • "Locking this pole up" - Cyclo

• who gives a shit

• Lions

• not a bad pole

• I've seen better

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Repeat of the fogbowl then. Isaia Toeava could be brought in to dispence advice on how to play the fullback position in such conditions. Who could forget the magisterial impunity he brought to the Canes custodial slot during the Fogbowl of 1866.

Last night it was bad enough for them to suspend the horse racing next door to AMI but they're not expecting a repeat (that said, no-one predicted the Great Fog in '06 so here's hoping).

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
If they played at Mt Smart they'd have a dewish banking conspiracy on their hands.

mt-smart-2.png

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Sam Anderson Heather!

He’s never had a super rugby contract in his career (still doesn’t) and here he is going to play in a super rugby final.

It’s his 3rd super rugby cap of his 12 year rugby career.

Here’s hoping codie Taylor doesn’t go down early.
Alternatively, here's hoping Codie Taylor goes down after about 30 with a relatively minor injury and Sam comes on and has a belter.

Regardless - how great is that. Always nice to hear a battler get their chance to shine.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As of mid-morning AMI is officially sold out for the first time in God knows. Who knows, they may even get the big screen up if it's not too windy. Shit even the NZHurld recognises that Christchurch deserves better.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
How good are the saders at engaging the maul before the poor fluffybunny has touched the ground ay

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Pretty sure im legit the only Australian watching this eh

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Classic Marshall fuckwittery - "Decent head clash between 2 tight forwards, that won't faze either of them. Well, actually Moody is receiving attention"
So, tight forward skulls are supplied with internal dampers so brains don't accelerate / decelerate and lead to concussions. The guy is a Grade A twit.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
That scrum penalty showed the difference between Gardner and Jackson. Gardner sees the Lions have popped up first and doesn’t blindly award a penalty to the attacking team because he has no idea how the scrum works.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
'The Lions can win this game' said some idiot who's never seen Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.