• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 Super Rugby Semi Final - Lions vs Waratahs - Saturday 28 July @11.05pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Jacko is bottling everything. Having a mare. 2 clear popped scrums - no penalty. Staniforth through the middle - told to let it go. No fucking idea.

What_the...

Peter Burge (5)
Jacko is bottling everything. Having a mare. 2 clear popped scrums - no penalty. Staniforth through the middle - told to let it go. No fucking idea.

Yeah, his interpretation of rucks is a bit wild. Lions definitely better, but a few dubious steals where not on feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Tahs have run out of puff. Too many poor errors. Gifting ball back to the Lions far too often when they get on attack. Jackson was beyond awful. How he gets big games is beyond me.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So Wacko Jacko is just doin this part time for a little extra cash on the side right?

He fucked plenty up, but the one that got me was the quick throw which went about 2 metres. Someone tell the bloke it's supposed to go 5. Can't get fundamentals like that wrong in a semi.

Anyway, Lions didn't do all the dumb things that we did and that's why they didn't lose.

Last three weeks have really vindicated my low opinion of Fitzpatrick. Never seen a semi-final match thrown away so easily by one player.

Marx jackalling style is dodgy as all hell as well. Tackle assists have to release too right? Lions tacklers didn't release once all night unless specifically directed to.

Has anyone cared less about a Super Rugby final ever? repeat of last year and the result will be exactly the same. Minus another 10% from next years already dismal crowds.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
There is no doubt the Lions were better. Tahs gave away good attacking ball far too many times. Breakdown work was pretty inaccurate. Too many tackles fallen off too. But someone explain how a popped THP and a hooker standing up are not straight penalties? I said it pre-game but Jackson does not have the bottle to manage a big game. Random, inconsistent and just plain mystifying at times. He hurts my eyes to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
There is no doubt the Lions were better. Tahs gave away good attacking ball far too many times. Breakdown work was pretty inaccurate. Too many tackles fallen off too. But someone explain how a popped THP and a hooker standing up are not straight penalties? I said it pre-game but Jackson does not have the bottle to manage a big game. Random, inconsistent and just plain mystifying at times. He hurts my eyes to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pretty bad for the game too, really. Try explaining that match to a casual observer. You'd have to write an essay.

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
Had high hopes when Tahs went out to 14-0.
Felt that after the could have/should have game against Saders, Tahs deserved another crack at them.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yep Jackson rubbish ref performance and sadly would say nothing new there but lions too good as tahs out of puff and bench just failed to really provide the impact.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Tahs have run out of puff. Too many poor errors. Gifting ball back to the Lions far too often when they get on attack. Jackson was beyond awful. How he gets big games is beyond me.

Maybe because people who actually know what refs are meant to do select the refs and not posters on the internet?? C'mon fellas I know Aus teams are never beaten without refs being bad, but I didn't think Jackson was bad. Don't rate refs on what you hear the commentators say!! because sure as shit if you can see what causes scrums to be popped etc on tv better than a ref standing next to it , you should be at least a TMO!!

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
I personally thought it was a brilliant game of rugby Tahs went well but were pretty well beaten from the 20 minute mark. That is a very good Lions team.
Yep, started brilliantly but we're treading water as the game went on. The card was the final straw. They were brave to hang in there for so long, but poor execution let them down. Well done Lions, good luck next week

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez meant to ask how happy will Dismal be? Even the Blues beat the Lions at Ellis Park this year, so will there be calls for them to ne in finals from Pitcairn??;)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Maybe because people who actually know what refs are meant to do select the refs and not posters on the internet?? C'mon fellas I know Aus teams are never beaten without refs being bad, but I didn't think Jackson was bad. Don't rate refs on what you hear the commentators say!! because sure as shit if you can see what causes scrums to be popped etc on tv better than a ref standing next to it , you should be at least a TMO!!

When the guy's head comes up and out of the scrum, it's a pretty good sign he was popped. And I don't go by what the commentators say, I use my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.