• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 TV ratings and crowd numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
@MediaweekAUS: #TVratings Saturday sports (FTA metro)
#WorldCup #AUS v #FRA #SBS 1.65m
#AFL #Seven 352k
#Rugby #TEN #AUSvIRL 195k
#Cricket #9Gem #ENGvAUS 148k
#Netball #Nine #SuncorpSuperNetball #VIXvFEV 76k

I think the Socceroo match ratings will change, they had lots of live sites, add optus and media mediaweek have already done an update to 2.133 by adding in regional's.

I still think it was crazy to go head to head .

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)

Well, I guess the bright side is that the Wallabies match got more viewers than the cricketers - although David Warner being given an analyst's gig can't have helped Nine much.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Well, I guess the bright side is that the Wallabies match got more viewers than the cricketers - although David Warner being given an analyst's gig can't have helped Nine much.

TBF the Wallabies actually had a chance of winning.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
To take a pessamistic view, the cricket rating is not too bad for the Gem digital channel on a Saturday night.

The rugby one on Ten is frankly pretty terrible for a main channel

SBS had a great night with the world cup

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
TBF the Wallabies actually had a chance of winning.
The Socceroos played a tight, compact game and if not for a little technological aid to the French would have come out of that game with a creditable draw against tournament favourites. Despite the fact that we have, frankly, a really shite team.

Still peeved i had to constantly flick between these two.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
To take a pessamistic view, the cricket rating is not too bad for the Gem digital channel on a Saturday night.

The rugby one on Ten is frankly pretty terrible for a main channel

SBS had a great night with the world cup

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

A game going up against the WC in a game featuring the Socceroos. Even the most casual of soccer fans tune in for these games. I would have using my laptop on split screen but I was on a boat all night.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
A game going up against the WC in a game featuring the Socceroos. Even the most casual of soccer fans tune in for these games. I would have using my laptop on split screen but I was on a boat all night.
Yeah absolutely.
A mate at the test match at AAMI park sent me a photo showing the crowd cheering in the stands when the Socceroos scored their penalty!

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
You haven't got a smart phone? (and Foxtel now)

Just excuse yourself from the social gathering.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Agreed.

I had a group of around 6-8 guys coming to the rugby on sat night, once they found out it clashed with the football then that dwindled down to 2 of us, with not one of them watching the wallabies live because they decided to go to the pub to watch the socceroos instead. These are fairly ironed on rugby guys that are season members at the rebels.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder how much the TV audience would have increased if it had been moved to 3pm instead (the only feasible time to play it).

I also wonder what the blowback would have been from Irish and other broadcasters who would have preferred the original timeslot.

The crowd at the game was clearly fine.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
We 'should' win the ratings this sat night. Big opportunity for the game to put its best foot forward

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I wonder how much the TV audience would have increased if it had been moved to 3pm instead (the only feasible time to play it).

I also wonder what the blowback would have been from Irish and other broadcasters who would have preferred the original timeslot.

The crowd at the game was clearly fine.

It was actually the perfect opportunity to play a Sunday night game and dominating the ratings. No clash with socceroos, still a weekend time slot for the Irish audience, no clash with NRL or AFL etc.

If 7.30 on this Sunday night is good enough for the NRL and their SOO fixture, it's good enough for us to play it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If 7.30 on this Sunday night is good enough for the NRL and their SOO fixture, it's good enough for us to play it.

I reckon moving the day of the game after the World Cup schedule comes out is more difficult than moving the time slot.

I also doubt either camp would have been happy with a 6 day turnaround before the 3rd test.

Status
Not open for further replies.