• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 TV ratings and crowd numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Cantabs "extra seating" completely untouched, almost comical looking, was it a fenced off hazmat zone? Their rickety 1950's main stands half empty. For a playoff game.
NSFW cavernous stadium with great acres of empty seats.
The massive Ellis Pawk bathed in sunshine, a sea of red... red empty seats.
Either the ticket prices were insanely presumptively greedy or no one gives a fuck. If its the former, Sanzar, READ THE AIR, C**TS. Televising your product worldwide with stadiums 15% full only serves to REALLY make it look like the comp is dying, a self-perpetuating narrative. Biff the local kids some free damn tickets or something
I got free tickets to the Brumbies match (two) and a free ticket for the QF (one - which i didn't need) just for being a registered Subbies player.

Things are dire.

That said i had great old time, screaming obscenities amidst the sea of dignified members. Interestingly, they turned my teenage sister and her friend away for having ripped jeans. We nearly called it a night right there. Clearly these neanderthals have no idea about fashion. And also actively finding reasons to refuse entry to two of the five folks that actually turned up? sheesh.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
Am I right in assuming if the 2 lower ranked sides win the final will be in Sydney?

If so which ground? Either way it's not going to look great on the TV :(

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
I would have thought so too but I also thought there would have been twice as many there on Saturday

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Am I right in assuming if the 2 lower ranked sides win the final will be in Sydney?

If so which ground? Either way it's not going to look great on the TV :(

Yes. ANZ Stadium based on the existing agreements but I'd guess they could reconsider seeing as I doubt they'd sell out the SFS.

As far as I know there is no concrete agreement that a final has to be at ANZ, just that their agreement with the SCG Trust is that all games except a final have to be at the SFS (if available).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yes. ANZ Stadium based on the existing agreements but I'd guess they could reconsider seeing as I doubt they'd sell out the SFS.

As far as I know there is no concrete agreement that a final has to be at ANZ, just that their agreement with the SCG Trust is that all games except a final have to be at the SFS (if available).
Sweet Jesus please not ANZ.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interestingly, they turned my teenage sister and her friend away for having ripped jeans. We nearly called it a night right there. Clearly these neanderthals have no idea about fashion. And also actively finding reasons to refuse entry to two of the five folks that actually turned up? sheesh.

For a football match of all things!? That's poor form from the stadium staff.............

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)

ANZ is one of the worst fan experiences in Australia, they'd be better off playing it at Concord.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Yep the days of 30K crowds are long gone for the moment, I also had some free tickets for the Brumbies game and gave them to a family, the dad was super happy. At least people are using the free tickets and who knows maybe a few people with free passes will end up becoming fans. My wife dragged me to a concert kicking and screaming a few months ago, free tickets. I must say I was surprised, it was a really good show, now I find myself listening to their music so I guess I'm a fan now.

The Tahs dropped the ball a long time ago with fan engagement but that's another story.

The rugby has generally been great this year (from all teams). Hope teams can rebuild from here.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I reckon the Brumbies loss took the wind completely out of the sails of Waratahs fans.

The low crowd on Saturday was probably a reaction to that, as I don't think anyone realistically thought they were premiership contenders.

It was also really cold, which does play in people's minds as 5pm-6pm-7pm approaches and they consider heading out to the game.

It's obviously not good for the Tahs, though. The only positive was the game itself, which would have left many regretting their decision to stay at home.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
The other factor is the Swans were on in the afternoon across the road at the SCG.

From my experience there is a lot of crossover fans between Tahs and Swans - and seemingly the number of times the Swans and Tahs have clashed with their games this year has been multiple.

I believe the Swans pulled 32k. I reckon a fair of those would also be Tahs fans.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I'm half joking, but I know a number of Tahs fans who were at Disney on ice as well. Not an engagement you can miss

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
School holidays is a problem due to the overlap with the supporter demographic. I reckon there'd have been a fairly strong contingent of regular Waratahs familes to be found at Thredbo and Perisher on Saturday.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I reckon the Brumbies loss took the wind completely out of the sails of Waratahs fans.

The low crowd on Saturday was probably a reaction to that, as I don't think anyone realistically thought they were premiership contenders.

It was also really cold, which does play in people's minds as 5pm-6pm-7pm approaches and they consider heading out to the game.

It's obviously not good for the Tahs, though. The only positive was the game itself, which would have left many regretting their decision to stay at home.

And there I was Barb thinking that only Canberra got cold during the rugby season.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
That game was at 2pm. They could watch three AFL games at the SCG before the Tahs game and still have time to spare.
Good luck kicking off at 2 and not being pissed by 8. Or keeping kids entertained for three hours in between.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That game was at 2pm. They could watch three AFL games at the SCG before the Tahs game and still have time to spare.
There were definitely a bunch at the Tahs game who had done both.

Given the Swans performance a few more might have been planning to do both but went home dejected after the Swans game.

The two definitely have a big crossover amongst Gold members.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Gold members.
So they have some pretty sweet boxes at Allianz then

Goldmember.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.