1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2020 Super Rugby Round 1 (REDUX): Reds v Waratahs

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by RugbyReg, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Up the Guts Paul McLean (56)

Reds might have the favoured scrum but the real question over the setpiece is whether the Reds already struggling lineout, now without Rodda and Hockings, will manage to secure any ball against lineout extraordinaire Rob Simmons and his merry men.
  2. Derpus Simon Poidevin (60)

When is the lineup announced. Can't wait for some got dayum motherfucking rugby.
  3. Sully John Eales (66)

The Reds have had plety of time to sort out a lineout plan. If they get monstered no one to blame but themselves.
  4. Sully John Eales (66)

Anyone heard back about tickets for this game?
  5. Blackadder John Solomon (38)

6. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

Potential Tahs lineup?

1. Bell
    2. Abel
    3. HJH
    4. Simmons
    5. Hanigan
    6. Swinton
    7. Hooper
    8. Dempsey
    9. Short
    10. Harrison
    11. Nawaqanitawase
    12. Moeroa
    13. Newsome
    14. Clark
    15. Maddocks

16. Tuala 17. Faulkner 18. Talakai 19. Staniforth 20. Harris/Holloway 21. McDonald 22. Donaldson 23. Ramm

Personally I would have Dempsey at 6, Harris at 8, Tafa at 19 and Holloway at 20.
    RebelYell and Froggy like this.
  7. Blackadder John Solomon (38)

If Tepai doesn't get a run time to release him back to league
  8. Wilson Peter Fenwicke (45)

not yet, I saw they extended the registration for members until 5pm today, figure they won't be getting in touch about tickets until tomorrow at the earliest as a result.
  9. Wilson Peter Fenwicke (45)

It looks like they're increasing the stadium allowance to 25000/50% (whichever is fewer) from Friday, so I can't see any members missing out
  10. upthereds#! Bob Davidson (42)

Think you're about right. I also agree and I'm sure many others would that we want to see Tafa and Harris get their shot - but tbh Swinton, Dempsey, Hanigan, Holloway - they are still quite young and not doing TERRIBLY. 1 or 2 these guys needs to move team.

TBH I'd start Ramm over Nawaqanitawase. Think it was against the Brumbies where it really showed that Nawaqa is not so quick - Banks, Muirhead and Wright all burned him. Reds have a bloody quick team - Daugunu, Speight, Campbell and Hegarty all known for their speed. Start the faster Ramm - bring on a Nawaqanitawase as a dynamic finisher.
  11. Jimmy_Crouch Nev Cottrell (35)

No not yet mate.
  12. Wilson Peter Fenwicke (45)

Hoping to see another 5 try haul from Daugunu, ideally without the red card this time.
    dillyboy, Hound, liquor box and 3 others like this.
  13. MungoMan Chris McKivat (8)

It's Tuesday evening and the game is on Friday. No sense of urgency, not a hint of professionalism.

These cocks believe they have access to our attention and hence our money as-of-right.
  14. KOB1987 Steve Williams (59)

In fairness I suspect it has more to do with the Qld premier than it does anyone related to rugby or Suncorp. Advertising the tickets has never been an issue, selling them is.
  15. Froggy Cyril Towers (30)

I agree with just about everything you said BH, but like UTR would start Ramm over Mark N. Possibly not as clever, but bigger, faster, stronger (for which being 22, not 19 is a factor) and a WAY better defender.
  16. Jeeper Jimmy Flynn (14)

He wouldn’t get a run with the Eels at this rate. Last year he looked overweight and uninterested.. hopefully he is finding some passion to play rugby again because he could be a huge asset in the midfield.
  17. HJ Nelson Vay Wilson (31)

Ramm bigger than Mark N. ? I'm surprised.
  18. Blackadder John Solomon (38)

Looking at recent photos he looks like he has lost a lot of weight
  19. PhilClinton Syd Malcolm (24)

Social media tells me Speight on his way out of the country right now, at the very least he's not in Brisbane anymore. I know a few had hopes he might lace up for a few more games before going to his new club, but it doesn't seem that way.
  20. KOB1987 Steve Williams (59)

It's team announcement day! Finally.
    KiwiM likes this.