• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

23 New Western Force Jersey Sponsors in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The Western Force will break new ground in Super Rugby sponsorship with the Western Australian club to feature individual partners on its playing jerseys for the 2014 season.

In a competition first, the Western Force is offering businesses the opportunity to position branding on the front of one of their starting XV playing jerseys for $50,000 for the season while reserves jerseys are available at $25,000. Partners will also receive a suite of other benefits, including match day hospitality and a range of ‘money can’t buy’ opportunities.

The opportunity has arisen following the conclusion of Emirates’ partnership with the club after eight years as naming rights partner.

http://www.westernforce.com.au/NewsEvents/NewsArticles/tabid/905/ArticleID/10775/Default.aspx

The Force say, "while there has been significant interest in the initiative, there are a number of jerseys still available for businesses wishing to be involved.". The fact they resorted to releasing this statement suggests they might be struggling a little bit though.

Would there be 500 people on GAGR + the extended web willing to donate $50 to a fund in order to purchase a substitute jersey? The advertising space could be donated to a charity and all the behind the scenes access could be randomly drawn among Perth's local junior clubs. The idea would best be crowdfounded online. It's a very long shot but I thought I'd ask anyway, if we could get 100 people on the forum interested then the idea might be a starter.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What a great idea.

I'm in for a couple of pineapples if necessary.

Mobilise the forces. Only about $24750 to go. 435 more volunteers and we are there. :)

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
The Force say, "while there has been significant interest in the initiative, there are a number of jerseys still available for businesses wishing to be involved.". The fact they resorted to releasing this statement suggests they might be struggling a little bit though.

Would there be 500 people on GAGR + the extended web willing to donate $50 to a fund in order to purchase a substitute jersey? The advertising space could be donated to a charity and all the behind the scenes access could be randomly drawn among Perth's local junior clubs. The idea would best be crowdfounded online. It's a very long shot but I thought I'd ask anyway, if we could get 100 people on the forum interested then the idea might be a starter.

I think it's a great idea. I actually think you should look at one of the crowdfunding options out there to try and raise the money. You never know, you could get enough to get a starters jersey. From there you could look to either sell the space on to a sponsor for say $5,000 a game and donate all the profits to a junior club/ development initiative or charity on a weekly basis or a lump sum at the end of the season.

That, or offer the space to local clubs (a club a week) as a means of advertising. Hell, if you do it right and submit a really top notch proposal they may even give it to you. The opportunity for good PR is always attractive to pro clubs.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
would GAGR be willing to stump up the $25k if the bloggers can come up with a fair chunk of the required cash.... Would be a lot of fun for the GAGR community and some of its sponsors / advertisers. Surely it would direct a fair bit of traffic to the site, resulting in more advertising.
What do you reckon Jarse?

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If this idea gains traction, start up a Kickstarter, and have perks, like @WorkingClassRugger said, for $10, $20, $50, up to larger amounts for people and groups who might want to buy one week of jersey advertising for their club, company, or charity.

Any ideas on whose jersey would be chosen? Replacement hooker or scrumhalf maybe ;)

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Gang - I thought I would speak to the Force about the idea and whether they had considered it. I received the following reply and it sounds like they are well on their way to filling all the jerseys which is good news......

Thanks for the email.
Whilst I think that it is a fantastic initiative, as we are so close to the start of the season I am not sure that we would have the appropriate amount of time to implement and promote this effectively. However it is fantastic to know that we have supporters of rugby in Australia who are willing to make this kind of contribution.
The sponsorship initiative is progressing well with another two sponsors coming on board yesterday.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Gang - I thought I would speak to the Force about the idea and whether they had considered it. I received the following reply and it sounds like they are well on their way to filling all the jerseys which is good news..

Thanks for the email.
Whilst I think that it is a fantastic initiative, as we are so close to the start of the season I am not sure that we would have the appropriate amount of time to implement and promote this effectively. However it is fantastic to know that we have supporters of rugby in Australia who are willing to make this kind of contribution.
The sponsorship initiative is progressing well with another two sponsors coming on board yesterday.
Maybe something to get going for next year if they continue with the same sponsorship method.

As a Force fan its good to know that they are getting a good response. we know they have a least sold 10 now if that is the only 2 they have sold since the announcement which I doubt it is so it seems it may be a goer.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Maybe something to get going for next year if they continue with the same sponsorship method.

As a Force fan its good to know that they are getting a good response. we know they have a least sold 10 now if that is the only 2 they have sold since the announcement which I doubt it is so it seems it may be a goer.

Would have been great if they decided to donate the space but t least it now provides a year to raise the money. With that amount of time and a convincing campaign, a starting jersey could be the objective.

PeteO

Stan Wickham (3)
Why do the western force play in blue? Blue is not even state colour of Western Australia.#bringbackthegold
4ajy2ype.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.