• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

3rd Place Play Off - Wallabies v Wales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not taking nugget was a mistake in my opinion but it would be churlish to bring that up considering he has been pretty well vindicated in every other decision (Faletau, Priestland, Spala, the "Team Wales" thing). There's quite a lot of people who still don't like/rate him, but I personally think that's more to do with their distaste with anything which detracts from their local club/region to be honest.

We're Welsh though, so give it a couple of months and he'll be shipped back off to NZ while we dissolve into recrimination and disarray.

Not sure this time. Even some of the die-hards are discussing central contracts for the top 25 players and you can be pretty much sure that the future of Gatland is secure for as long as someone doesnlt make a better offer

W

WhoDaresWin

I think Fainga'a will most likely be picked at 12 because of his defence, coz Jamie Roberts will be running at that 10-12 channel all day.

Horne at 13 and Beale at 15.

P.S: Hi all

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
AUSTRALIA:

15. Kurtley Beale
14. James O'Connor
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
12. Berrick Barnes
11. Digby Ioane
10. Quade Cooper
9. Will Genia
8. Ben McCalman
7. David Pocock
6. Scott Higginbotham
5. Nathan Sharpe
4. James Horwill (capt)
3. Salesi Ma'afu
2. Tatafu Polota Nau
1. James Slipper

Res: Saia Fainga'a, Ben Alexander, Rob Simmons, Radike Samo, Luke Burgess, Anthony Fainga'a, Rob Horne.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
AUSTRALIA:

15. Kurtley Beale
14. James O'Connor
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
12. Berrick Barnes
11. Digby Ioane
10. Quade Cooper
9. Will Genia
8. Ben McCalman
7. David Pocock
6. Scott Higginbotham
5. Nathan Sharpe
4. James Horwill (capt)
3. Salesi Ma'afu
2. Tatafu Polota Nau
1. James Slipper

Res: Saia Fainga'a, Ben Alexander, Rob Simmons, Radike Samo, Luke Burgess, Anthony Fainga'a, Rob Horne.

This is it? Well there we have it folks, both teams are treating this seriously.

BTW Braveheart, the photos links are truly cringeworthy

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
AUSTRALIA:

15. Kurtley Beale
14. James O'Connor
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
12. Berrick Barnes
11. Digby Ioane
10. Quade Cooper
9. Will Genia
8. Ben McCalman
7. David Pocock
6. Scott Higginbotham
5. Nathan Sharpe
4. James Horwill (capt)
3. Salesi Ma'afu
2. Tatafu Polota Nau
1. James Slipper

Dear 'ol Ma'afu. You could trust Robbie to slot him in at the end game.

W

WhoDaresWin

Not too bad, but will be interesting to see how the Welsh will counter Pocock.

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
Not too bad, but will be interesting to see how the Welsh will counter Pocock.

Looks a pretty good side to me. They are clearly resting a couple of players (Moore most particularly, but also Samo on the bench), which could have some impact. However, Samo may be better as an impact player anyway. Interesting to see how the backline performs. Do you think if Barnes has a blinder, we may see the end of the defensive centres approach? Or just a one off?

Sluggy

Ward Prentice (10)
Looks a pretty good side to me. They are clearly resting a couple of players (Moore most particularly, but also Samo on the bench), which could have some impact. However, Samo may be better as an impact player anyway. Interesting to see how the backline performs. Do you think if Barnes has a blinder, we may see the end of the defensive centres approach? Or just a one off?

We can but hope.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I like that team. McCalman to help Pocock on the ball and around the ruck while Higgers does his seagulling, our best-looking attacking backline, and a bit of brute force in the front row. Let's hope TPN steps it up to his usual standard because Fainga'a really deserves a shot at starting ahead of him.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Can't wait for the passionate reactions on this board if QC (Quade Cooper) and BB turns out to be a great combo as run ons.

There will be some flip outs, won't there.

Incidentally, I would have like to see JOC (James O'Connor) at 12 for at least some of this game. It isn't going to happen with two centres on the bench.

I also want to see an attacking format where Barnes goes to 10 and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 12 so Cooper can range wider and set up the outside men. This could be very dangerous.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Bob Dwyer nominated a team about 3 weeks ago on a forum page. Is this team anything like the one he nominated? I'm too lazy to look it up.

Hope Sharpie gets to have a kick at goal, or hand out jerseys, or run on first. This might be his last hurrah in the green and gold. He has been a true professional and a pioneer with the Force. Long after Fava, Giteau, Henjack, Mitchell (coach and winger) Cannon, have moved on, he is still the cornerstone in a very strategic and important part of ARU development plans in the west.

BTW. I thought Simmons did well in the semi, and agree in hindsight with his selection.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Congrats to Sharpie on the 100.

Anyone know if he will be granted some time in the sun after the game (a la Sir Richie) on this very special occasion (for him)?

As it is an IRB tournament that just happens to be being played in the Land of the Darkness, there is no reason why he should not be afforded a special after game presentation of his 100the Test cap by an appropriate Aust Rugby Legend. Why should our 100 gamer receive treatment any different from that which was afforded a bloke from the host nation.

Even if the nasty administrators of RWC NZ do not grant him his minute in the sun, who would be the most appropriate Legend to make the presentation at Eden Park on Friday? 2007 Inductee to the IRB Hall of Fame - Nobody? or perhaps our first 100 gamer and 2008 IRB Hall of Fame rejected nominee - Campo?

Status
Not open for further replies.