• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

6 Nations Round 2019

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wales shown their experience over France. They and Ireland is WC favourates.

Wales definitely turned it on in the second half, could have almost been a different team.

Can see them getting up to the semi's at least.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
What are we thinking this weekend.

Ireland should bounce back against Scotland.

Wales to take care of Italy.

I think France could get past England at Twickers. They probably have the team that can deal with England the best. Issue will be if they play like they did in the second half last week. Maybe I'm just being hopeful though.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez Jets ,that a big call, can't see the French playing 80mins well enough to beat England, would think other 2 are pretty smack on though!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Wow, how good were England. I didn't think they had it in them to have such a strong performance in them two weeks in a row. I guess having most of your top players available makes a huge difference.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
i think that's just about the 6nations wrapped up. England have to lose 2 games now, even if they lose 1 game their for and against is going to be too good.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
i think that's just about the 6nations wrapped up. England have to lose 2 games now, even if they lose 1 game their for and against is going to be too good.

Wales still undefeated as well, it's not all over yet.

The highlights I have seen from France so far, I would not be surprised if Ireland and Scotland can rack up big scores too. I really think who ever wins between Wales and England in the next round will be the winner, although Ireland could upset Wales GS hopes and than 3 teams will end up on 4 wins.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Wales still undefeated as well, it's not all over yet.

The highlights I have seen from France so far, I would not be surprised if Ireland and Scotland can rack up big scores too. I really think who ever wins between Wales and England in the next round will be the winner, although Ireland could upset Wales GS hopes and than 3 teams will end up on 4 wins.

i could be very wrong but i think wales will be the big pretenders this year. decent amount of hype about them but as always i think they will fall short whenever it counts

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
i could be very wrong but i think wales will be the big pretenders this year. decent amount of hype about them but as always i think they will fall short whenever it counts

Yeah, Wales looked pretty standard against Italy. Could be the travel, but not scoring any tries until the second half in both games isn't a great trait - especially when England got early tries in both their games so far.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
They also made changes to the starting side and had guys on the field who had never played together before. I think Wales are preparing for the next 3 games and have been all along. The next game against England will be huge for them. I can't see them doing it but I think they wont be blown off the park.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brunel drops Parra & Lopez but denies it has anything to do with their comments post- the flogging they got from Ringinland:

' Parra, France's first-choice goalkicker, said after the England game: "I think that we are capable of doing what the English do, but are we working on this during training? I think we don't work on it enough, even not at all...." '

' Lopez said: "We are the first to be at fault, us the players, since we are on the field. But I think it is not just us, and we are not alone in this disaster." '

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ce-drop-revolt-ringleaders-for-scotland-clash

As we say in these parts, Yeah Right!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
France are a laughing stock. I had high hopes for the, and they have the talent. They may struggle to beat Italy or could thump Scotland this weekend. I think the former is more likely.

Think England will have the Welsh by 9 this weekend if they play like they have done in the first two rounds.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ when comicbookguy gave JSav a spray this week he also climbed into his 10, saying he'd caught the "disease afflicting the French national team", which I found kinda ironic 'cos its people like comcbookguy who've fucked the French national side by loading up their clubs with foreign players, many of whom are past their prime & cashing in on their glory days 3-5 years in the past.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
52692365_10156819006886893_2000581210832633856_n.jpg

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Brunel drops Parra & Lopez but denies it has anything to do with their comments post- the flogging they got from Ringinland:

' Parra, France's first-choice goalkicker, said after the England game: "I think that we are capable of doing what the English do, but are we working on this during training? I think we don't work on it enough, even not at all.." '

' Lopez said: "We are the first to be at fault, us the players, since we are on the field. But I think it is not just us, and we are not alone in this disaster." '

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ce-drop-revolt-ringleaders-for-scotland-clash

As we say in these parts, Yeah Right!

The Parra and Lopez comments are the proverbial tip of the iceberg. There is pretty much open revolt against Brunel, his coaching, tactics and selections. Ntamack at 13 first up? FFS, never played 13 in his life. In particular, his treatment of the young players. Seems eerily similar to his time here in Italy. Hardly talked to the young players, dealt only with the senior players like Parisse.

Who knows where they go from here? Brunel is Laporte's man, so things likely to fester on.

Yesterday England came up against a bona fide full back for the first time. And a very good one. Previously they struck Henshaw, out of position and looking lost; and Huget, whose skills are famously only in attack. England kicked and kicked, as they had previously, only to Williams and co, who know their business. When their Plan A failed, there was no Plan B. George Ford and Robson, who would have offered a Plan B, never left the bench. Eddie cocked up.