• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

99 Call - who are our provincial biff merchants vs the Lions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
It doesn't matter - first sign of a bit of good old fashioned aggro, and the refs will go flapping in there like faeries, and behaving like they are at a bloody soccer match.

no point even bothering about it.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Maybe the Waratahs can pick Paul Gallen. He'll punch someone in the head for no good reason.

And thuggery like that is best left in the Fivekick domain.

As someone has said, if that act was perpetrated 50 metres to the left of where it happened, Mr Gallen would be "assisting Police with their inquiries".

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
And thuggery like that is best left in the Fivekick domain.

As someone has said, if that act was perpetrated 50 metres to the left of where it happened, Mr Gallen would be "assisting Police with their inquiries".

I think the Wallabies would have found Hong Kong and Perth very interesting - in that they should be reading into it there are Lions from whom you can get a rise, without risking a penalty yourself...

I know its not proven, but Sheehan seems to me like a pretty honest broker - what was that little incident about, in such an "understrength opposition" match?... a series of other incidents as well - including th blue in HK... Wobs would be mad to do anything overt.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Always thought Gallen would make an awesome rugby hooker.. great body shape and unbelievable ticker

Dylan Hartley is what Paul Gallen would have been, great natural ability just wouldn't have the temperament as Braveheart alluded to

youngone

Allen Oxlade (6)
Quirk, Daley, Davies could all have a crack this weekend. None will be needed for the next 3 weeks anyway...

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Maybe the Waratahs can pick Paul Gallen. He'll punch someone in the head for no good reason.
Really, you don't know the background or you choose to ignore it? I think Shane Webcke described it best after the game, Myles tried to aggravate Gallen and then seemed unprepared for Gallen's predictable response. (As Webcke himself was in a similar incident with David Furner years ago). The irony of all ironies was Gordon Tallis criticising Gallen's punching while commentating for C9. Gordo, maybe you should look over some of your own "highlights" reels first to see what it looks like to punch people who arent defending themselves.

In any event, SOO thrives on the violence that is tolerated at this level only. Even during Wednesday nights game, C9 run a vote for SOO greatest moments and the Wally Lewis/Geyer confrontation came in second. Hypocrisy abounds when commentating on foul play in SOO, the only variation is whether it is those north of the border or those south of the border that feel victimised.

Of course Gallen should have been sin binned, but these sort of non decisions occur every SOO series and always will until the ARLC acts to level the playing field.

As to the original question, I thought McRae's behaviour was poor in 2001 and hope there is no reoccurence this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.