• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

A very tacky development

Should schools seek sponsorship for their sporting teams?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

International Badboy

To be honest, I don't really expect anything less pretentious from Scots

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
A Very Tacky Development?

Are we referring to gossiping about which schoolboys use steroids? Give it a rest. The discussion about the merits and pitfalls of sponsorship of schoolboy rugby was interesting. Gossiping about steroid use embiggens nobody.
The offending posts have been removed. Please avoid this topic in future.

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
I hear the Lloyd McDermott Indigenous team are looking the goods at the 7's tournament today. If anyone is there please share your opinions on the teams/players.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
McDermott team were insane, there number 4 scored 11 tries in 5 games. Scots and Riverview got close but a few late tries from McDermott gave them the win both times. They were both actually really good games, from Scots Andy Kellaway and Jim Stewart were the best on ground, the commentators wouldnt stop praising them. for Riverview Mitch Whitely, Jack Dempsey and Jack Redden were the best, year 10 Bill Freeman also stood out.

rugbysik

Stan Wickham (3)
from Scots Andy Kellaway and Jim Stewart were the best on ground, the commentators wouldnt stop praising them.
I don't know what games you where watching but Kellaway and Stewart where far from there best. With Kellaway rarely creating opportunities and Stewart didn't run hard at all during the tournament

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
Who were your picks rugbysik? Those two generally run pretty hard, I'm surprised to hear they were lacking.

I'm just sorry I couldn't make it to see for myself. That McDermott team sounds pretty special...anyone know who the 4 was?

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Number 4 for Lloyd McDermott was David Green, and whilst he was an amazing player (probably the best of the tournament) the rest of the team were amazing too.

From the other schools, I thought Horwitz stood out in the Scots team in the early games, and Kellaway showed signs of brilliance. From Riverview, Whitely looked extremely strong and Dempesey also performed well (however not as strongly as I would have expected). From Shore, Davies and Pulver were the standouts for the team and both performed extremely well.

All round it was interesting to see how each school shaped up, however, 7s is an entirely different game and in 15s I reckon players like Whiteley and Dempesey have more potential to shine.

C

comrades

Number 4 for Lloyd McDermott was David Green, and whilst he was an amazing player (probably the best of the tournament) the rest of the team were amazing too.

From the other schools, I thought Horwitz stood out in the Scots team in the early games, and Kellaway showed signs of brilliance. From Riverview, Whitely looked extremely strong and Dempesey also performed well (however not as strongly as I would have expected). From Shore, Davies and Pulver were the standouts for the team and both performed extremely well.

All round it was interesting to see how each school shaped up, however, 7s is an entirely different game and in 15s I reckon players like Whiteley and Dempesey have more potential to shine.

I agree with the performances of Whitley and Horwitz, but in Dempseys defence he never received the ball in space very often and had to settle for scrappy ball with opposition surrounding. Shore looked surprisingly impressive and could definitely do some damage in 15's and the same could be said for the Stani's team.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Quelle horreur! Coaches/trainers for Brisbane State High had logos for three different sponsors on their shirts.

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
And the scouts from Souths were there watching with interest. Apparently quite a few of the Lloyd McDermott team are league players.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
I don't know what games you where watching but Kellaway and Stewart where far from there best. With Kellaway rarely creating opportunities and Stewart didn't run hard at all during the tournament

Sometimes the commentator at this sort of thing only knows a few players and then relies on them to do ANYTHING to make comment

Status
Not open for further replies.