• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS (NSW) Rowing 2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gogoldenbears

Also t
That settles it then.
I am pretty sure that the AOC (notice the "A", not "I") sets a time - didn't the girls VIII try to set a time last year????
Have some self control: "retarded"!!!
Can you not conceive of the possibility that no "AUS" VIII had been put together by the time of the HOTR in the particular
That settles it then.
I am pretty sure that the AOC (notice the "A", not "I") sets a time - didn't the girls VIII try to set a time last year????
Have some self control: "retarded"!!!
Can you not conceive of the possibility that no "AUS" VIII had been put together by the time of the HOTR in the particular year?
When did the HOTR move to Penrith Lakes?
Edit: now since my old man is dead I cant ask him so I checked wikipedia. I think 1996 was the first HOTR @ the regatta centre and shore won. They won again in 1999.
It was one of those 2.
Ask your mum she might remember.

Mum said that they don't set a time. it's prognostication and its about being relative to other crews. Otherwise why don't you tell us all what the AOC qualification times are? What is the qualification time for the men's VIII?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You still haven't contended that 2004 shore crew were definitely not undefeated and that you were mistatating the facts.

Do you mean conceded?
I never said they were.
I made a comment that did not quibble with anything that had been said before but merely raised something I remembered hearing many moons ago.
I have zero connection with shore.
You need to see about getting that chip removed, among other treatments from which I think you might benefit.
By the way, in days of yore the club VIIIs were pedestrian and were not infrequently beaten by schoolboy crews.

G

gogoldenbears

Do you mean conceded?
I never said they were.
I made a comment that did not quibble with anything that had been said before but merely raised something I remembered hearing many moons ago.
I have zero connection with shore.
You need to see about getting that chip removed, among other treatments from which I think you might benefit.
By the way, in days of yore the club VIIIs were pedestrian and were not infrequently beaten by schoolboy crews.

Conceded* typo. It's a good day.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
gents, would be interested in knowing where the GPS schools have been doing there holiday camps. I know that New went to canberra and grafton and Kings went to grafton at the start of the holidays. i hear that Shore and Scots went to NZ to row??

G

GPS_zerg_OVERLORD

gents, would be interested in knowing where the GPS schools have been doing there holiday camps. I know that New went to canberra and grafton and Kings went to grafton at the start of the holidays. i hear that Shore and Scots went to NZ to row??

I'm sure all the other schools would have found a nice body of water to train upon, whether it be in Sydney (I think in Grammar's case, correct me if I'm wrong), rural NSW or even abroad. The location of these camps is not overly important, what will be important is how these crews come back for the countdown to March 9th. The Newington Regatta next Saturday will be one of the most important races of the season, as it will be a chance for the schools that have been putting in the hard work over the New Years break to put their hand up as serious contenders. Expect the unexpected, considering that at the reciprocal regatta last year (think it was Shore's), after lackluster results before Christmas, Shore and Scots came out and blasted the field in the 1st VIII race and went on to come first and second in Head of the River respectively. If I was a betting man (or if TAB opened up a GPS sport sector) I would be putting my money on the winner of next weeks regatta to be on top of the podium on the second weekend of March.

G

gogoldenbears

I'm sure all the other schools would have found a nice body of water to train upon, whether it be in Sydney (I think in Grammar's case, correct me if I'm wrong), rural NSW or even abroad. The location of these camps is not overly important, what will be important is how these crews come back for the countdown to March 9th. The Newington Regatta next Saturday will be one of the most important races of the season, as it will be a chance for the schools that have been putting in the hard work over the New Years break to put their hand up as serious contenders. Expect the unexpected, considering that at the reciprocal regatta last year (think it was Shore's), after lackluster results before Christmas, Shore and Scots came out and blasted the field in the 1st VIII race and went on to come first and second in Head of the River respectively. If I was a betting man (or if TAB opened up a GPS sport sector) I would be putting my money on the winner of next weeks regatta to be on top of the podium on the second weekend of March.

People taper at different regattas. I remember when the shore boys lost a few races in 2011 and the coach shat the bed and changed to the 100kg Sydney Rowing Club empacher like a week or two before HOTR...but grammar stayed cool and won!

G

gilbert15

Not interested untill the crews have a hitout at SIRC, (Feb 9th). Smart crew will want to stamp their authority at the getgo, unlike Shore who will play their usual games by pulling out of finals or rowing for placings !!

G

gilbert15

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/16682435

Has anyone else seen this article? It's from 1930 when both the Grammar and High crews were disqualified from the GPS Regatta for devoting "more time to rowing than was consistent with their schoolwork". It would be interesting to see if this rule still applies and if it does if any crews are infringing upon it!

Top bit of research, I notice, in the programme that 1930 was "Declared no race". That was when the race was on the Parramatta River.
If this rule still applied they would have been enforcing it 30 years ago !!

G

gilbert15

Grammar has just announced the 1st VIII cox as Boat Captain, this will be his 3rd year as 1st VIII cox,. Congrats, great achievment.

G

gilbert15

MORE STATS. The Grammar crew of 2001 rowed a 2nd place in 5.53, you've gotta feel for them as they would have won most races since!! including beating the 2011 Grammar winners by 2sec+

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I guess you had to be there!!!
That would be fine, except that I was!
And now your quoting times - that 2001: on time TKS would have won gold in London in 2012.

View attachment 3171
Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 6.22.40 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 6.23.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 6.23.01 AM.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 256
Status
Not open for further replies.