• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS (NSW) Rowing 2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Good to see some strong arguments from both sides of the coin. After saturdays results its clear to see the top 3 or 4 schools standing out. Im happy to see one of the river schools hitting up the top 2 with the mighty Shore School, and the western suburbs powerhouse of newington narrowing in on Head of the River.

We're in for one of the greatest race yet boys, a race for Pride, Confidence, Continuuity and a 150th Birthday. Let the games begin.

Wolf Out.

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Just for newington i believe, it seems other schools remain consistent through the ages, quite specifically the high school. Will someone please head in and take a coaching job there! bring those boys up! Revel in tradition!

Wolf Out.

brownsnake

Bob McCowan (2)
Ok - I'll be more specific: is the Grammar time cause for hope in 2 years?
An error in timing on the part of the officials apparently; the times should be nearer that of the second division. It would be unlikely that both the Kings and Grammar 1st Yr10 VIIIs both beat their senior counterparts, lest they replace the 1st VIIIs at Head of the River! Times on Hen & Chicken should of course be taken with a pinch of salt in any case, given the weather. Nevertheless, a good effort that sets up both crews well to take down favourites Shore next weekend...

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
i
Just for newington i believe, it seems other schools remain consistent through the ages, quite specifically the high school. Will someone please head in and take a coaching job there! bring those boys up! Revel in tradition!

Wolf Out.

i believe the honourable Michael Morgan has been helping out at High, after leving Newington abruptly 2 years ago!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
An error in timing on the part of the officials apparently; the times should be nearer that of the second division. It would be unlikely that both the Kings and Grammar 1st Yr10 VIIIs both beat their senior counterparts, lest they replace the 1st VIIIs at Head of the River! Times on Hen & Chicken should of course be taken with a pinch of salt in any case, given the weather. Nevertheless, a good effort that sets up both crews well to take down favourites Shore next weekend.
So the relativities are not an indication?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Looking forward to this coming saturday gentlemen and the discussion surely to ensue post race. Can i get some predictions on the 1st VIII, 2nd VIII, 1st IV and 1st J VIII from you all? If you'd be so kind, of course, it might evoke some discussion from you quieter fellas!

Wolf Out.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
1st VIII
1st - Shore
2nd - Riverview
3rd - Joeys

2nd VIII
1st - Shore
2nd - Newington
3rd - Joeys

1st IV

1st - Scots
2nd - Shore
3rd - Newington

2nd IV

1st - Joeys
2nd - Scots
3rd - Kings

3rd IV -

1st - Newington
2nd - Kings
3rd - Joeys

4th IV

1st - Kings
2nd - Iggies
3rd - Newington

any thoughts or disagreements???

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Thankyou GPSrow, however i did ask just for the 4 results my good friend.

I do admire your spark placing St Ignatius in the top 3 for the main event, after their performance on the weekend it seems as though they didn't really keep their efforts going through the holidays. With crew changes from both Shore and Kings, and Kings accepting Newingtons old Wintech King 8, who knows what we will see this weekend, but in that race i do think we need to watch out for Newington, Kings and Grammar, as well as a hearty Scots, if they return from an injury. Second VIII looks just, i think Newington under-performed on the weekend and i hope they return, didn't see much of Joeys race but Shore looked strong. Might be a bit of competition for seats between their two silver streamers. First IV seems generally accurate, and i dont know too much about the other crews. How about our young fellas in the Junior VIII's? Any other opinions from our faithful members?

Wolf Out.

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
"3rd IV -

1st - Newington
2nd - Kings
3rd - Joeys"

No chance, if you were to think this GPSrow, it would mean that newington must stack their 3IV. I personally dont believe this is right. There is always rumour of the Kings crew stacking their 1st IV (making them their second best crew in the shed). Does this go on in the newington 4s aswell....

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
"3rd IV -

1st - Newington
2nd - Kings
3rd - Joeys"

No chance, if you were to think this GPSrow, it would mean that newington must stack their 3IV. I personally dont believe this is right. There is always rumour of the Kings crew stacking their 1st IV (making them their second best crew in the shed). Does this go on in the newington 4s aswell..

yes, because newington's plans are to have an 150th year of its schools history, try to win the 1st 8 race......and oh wait, yes stack the 3rd 4 crew! gosh who would've thought?

the reasoning behind this was to see the that a 2nd 8 oarsmen, 2 2nd 4 oarsmen and a 1st 4 oarsmen didn't have their names where they used to be.....obviously now fighting it out for the gartlan trophy i believe? this couldn't be stacking, but it sure makes the 3rd 4 for new look good on paper.

sorry to stir show much bias on this crew and its behalf. My mate's nephew rows in it. lets see how they go the weekend!

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
yes, because newington's plans are to have an 150th year of its schools history, try to win the 1st 8 race..and oh wait, yes stack the 3rd 4 crew! gosh who would've thought?

the reasoning behind this was to see the that a 2nd 8 oarsmen, 2 2nd 4 oarsmen and a 1st 4 oarsmen didn't have their names where they used to be...obviously now fighting it out for the gartlan trophy i believe? this couldn't be stacking, but it sure makes the 3rd 4 for new look good on paper.

sorry to stir show much bias on this crew and its behalf. My mate's nephew rows in it. lets see how they go the weekend!

well i wish your mates nephew good luck. he will definatly have better chances now since theres an ex "2nd oarsmen, 2 2nd 4 oarsmen and a 1st 4 oarsmen". If you were not part of the newington community or if this was any other sport (rugby: imagine those equivalent players playing in the 5ths rugby), it doesnt look right. Thus the reasoning of stacking a crew. Finally even if this is not stacked, i would hope to believe newington are wanting a HOTR win in any crew, not just the first eight!!

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
well i wish your mates nephew good luck. he will definatly have better chances now since theres an ex "2nd oarsmen, 2 2nd 4 oarsmen and a 1st 4 oarsmen". If you were not part of the newington community or if this was any other sport (rugby: imagine those equivalent players playing in the 5ths rugby), it doesnt look right. Thus the reasoning of stacking a crew. Finally even if this is not stacked, i would hope to believe newington are wanting a HOTR win in any crew, not just the first eight!!

yes, but apparently due to sculling, erg results and new additions from injury etc etc my mate tells me that they all didn't do as well, this was not on purpose i presume, but yes not fair for the other schools that have an actual 3rd 4 not one that as stagnant crew members from higher crews.

ah well it has been 20 years since new has won the big one in 3rd 4, I'm sure mulford or pennington doesn't mind.......

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Lets leave the heated discussions out boys, this is a peaceful sight. You both seem to have insights into the boatsheds and i like how much information you are putting forward, but lets not scare our little ones aye ;) You both add something to this thread, but the arguing doesnt belong, lets keep it cool boys.

Wolf Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.