• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ABs vs Poms

Status
Not open for further replies.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Unexpected result. Well done England. Ashton is plain and simple an oxygen thief. Hate has no place in rugby in my view but I can't stand that little turd. How any self respecting coach can tolerate that shit is beyond me.

If its any consolation, after reading the Telegraph comments on the game, most of the poms are embarrassed by him. For sheer uncensored entertainment value, go to Gwlad and read their comments on Ashton. The Welsh hate him with a passion. If he makes the Lions team, as he probably will, I expect the Wallabies to deal with him (not advocating violence of course, just don't give him an opportunity to score)

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
England were magnificent Ashton aside and richly deserved their victory. Perhaps Farrell is in fact their new jesus. Watching the game Carter looked out of sorts and I suspect his injury had not fully healed. Corey Jane is a genius and his touches throughout the game were critical in keeping the All Blacks in touch.

I hate it when we lose to these guys.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
This 6N is going to be a cracker. England with their tails up, France in great form, Ireland a bit of an unknown quantity but looking bullish, Wales defending champs and hungry for redemption. Scotland will no doubt have done a lot of soul-searching and will be fired up from having their coach give up on them. Could be the best 6N in years.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
A great game to watch - recommend at least viewing that YT vid if you don't have it otherwise

Had all the hallmarks of how you beat the ABs

Belt em
Get the scoreboard ticking first
Carter misses
Belt em
AB mistakes start to compound
Go in well up at half time
ABs score quickly after half time
Belt em
Get some tries on the board - you won't close this out.
Belt em.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Just wondering Gagger, and/or anyone else from England, do the locals love Ashton or think he's a twat like we do?

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
Yep, they love him.

But I think it's just a typically English kind of sporting 'love'. They'll jump on the band wagon and build him up and hero-worship him endlessly. Until one day when he stuffs up or loses form and then he'll be treated like dirt.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Yep, they love him.

But I think it's just a typically English kind of sporting 'love'. They'll jump on the band wagon and build him up and hero-worship him endlessly. Until one day when he stuffs up or loses form and then he'll be treated like dirt.

Ahem.. Mr Cooper, someone is describing you.

I don't think that's a particularly English trait, just a generic fan thing. There certainly hasn't been a lack of criticism directed at the Wallabies this year. Same for the AB's, once you stuff up, adios. It's only uneducated fans that will fling dirt though. It's professional sport, some players will be in form, others wont.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Ashton is seriously the most overrated player England have produced for a while, and that's saying something. For some reason, Poms just love him...but I cannot wait until the day he does one of those dives and does his shoulder on the landing, Matt Giteau style.

Then again, I used to hate Freddy Flintoff and this year I watched his entire TV series and really enjoyed it, so maybe theres some hope left for Ashton if he pulls his head in...

vismyr

Peter Burge (5)
Just got around to watching the replay since it was exclusive to Santana Sports -- big, big congratulations to England, who smashed us all around the park and on the scoreboard. Full credit to Richie and Steve Hanson for the way they have handled the defeat. The reality is, I was afraid the writing was on the wall after the All Blacks dropped off the pace badly against Wales, conceding two tries at the end. Carter's two misses especially hurt, and it allowed England's belief to grow. Both himself

But that's irelevant and I don't want to take the gloss of what the English achieved in this amazing victory...they played power-packed and entertaining rugby, and it was a great match to watch, even though we were on the end of a hiding. Wish I had seen it live (damn you, Santana Sports)!

Despite that final loss, its been a fabulous year of rugby, and with all the unbeaten streak over for the All Blacks, hopefully next year they can start looking at new combinations as I suspect some of the senior players just aren't going to make it back in 2014/2015. Its just the reality of sport. Gotta try some new blood, like England did. That enthusiasm (and the hunger they felt after losing close battles to Wallabies and Springboks) was the secret to their win!

Hopefully the Wallabies can put their troubles (and injuries) behind them, and refocus playing whats in front of them on the field, and not have so many distractions, and I am really looking forward to the Lions Tour. That for mine, will be the highlight of the rugby calendar next year. Oh yeah, I hope you can get that #2 ranking back from the 'Boks!

PS. Yes, Ashton is a total wanker.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I would say it has been a very, very long year of rugby, notable more for quality than quantity. It really is a bit much to expect chaps to start playing in February, and be going strong at the end of November.

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
Ahem.. Mr Cooper, someone is describing you.

I don't think that's a particularly English trait, just a generic fan thing. There certainly hasn't been a lack of criticism directed at the Wallabies this year. Same for the AB's, once you stuff up, adios. It's only uneducated fans that will fling dirt though. It's professional sport, some players will be in form, others wont.

You're right. The trait itself isn't English. But I think the English take it further than everyone else. You need only watch them each time the football world cup rolls around. The way so many people turn on their own players when they get knocked out is absolutely vicious.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Their belief in that shithouse football team based on a win in 1966 and a premiership stacked with foreign stars is borderline delusional psychotic. EVERY TIME

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
A great win for England,and an even better win for the game. It was starting to become a tad boring. The playing field has now leveled out somewhat. I also believe that the annual trek north to wallop the NH sides and put some dollars in the SH unions coffers might from now on be more difficult to achieve. The expanded Tri-nations to four sides along with the extra travel involved might just have taken a bit of sting out of SH sides.To confound things further the top end teams are all playing fifteen man rugby. Should be a good WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.